Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike County Central Vs Shelby Valley
Game is on march 8 at 6:30 PM? Who wins?
Should be an outstanding game to watch. The only thing it comes down to is which team wants it more. Pike Central is playing great ball as of late since they are healthy but Valley has been at the top of region all year long. For some reason, I look for Valley to shut down Ratliff and pull out the win. Especially if Fleming has another game like she did tonight.

Shelby Valley 68
Pike Central 63
Gonna be a war! I'm gonna go with PCC though just because man-on-man I don't think Valley can guard them. IMO anyone in PCC's starting 5 can take SV's opposing players straight up. Should be a good one though.
PCC will win by double digits,theres no way they can match up with Central,and with the refs we had tonite,I can see Belfry beating Magoffin Co. in a close one and Belfry and Central for the championship,should be a dandy.
want Pcchs To Win!
But Whoever Wants It More!
Valley by 3
Can't wait for this game...Fleming and Ratliff will be the pub from the media but, play of Roberts/ Lowe could be factor in game....
Sorry but I don't think that all of PCC's players could take Valley's straight up like stated above, if they could, Valley wouldn't score, and wouldn't have a chance to win, hmm, didn't Valley win at Valley? Well, kind of ruins that straight up theory. Sally Roberts can't be guarded by PCC, nor by any team in the region, she is way too fast, and Esther, she is WAY to smart of a player.
This game will be OUTSTANDING. It will come down to who plays team ball with more HEART! Two great teams with great girls. I can't wait. Good luck to both teams, but I'm going with Valley in a barn-burner. We probably do match up pretty evenly, but Courtney Smallwood is bringing it. Just try to do something with her!
sv has no answer for lowe and slone. pc has four young guards who can each put a lot of pressure on fleming and roberts. could be a rough night for sv because this leaves ratliff to work her magic.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:Sorry but I don't think that all of PCC's players could take Valley's straight up like stated above, if they could, Valley wouldn't score, and wouldn't have a chance to win, hmm, didn't Valley win at Valley? Well, kind of ruins that straight up theory. Sally Roberts can't be guarded by PCC, nor by any team in the region, she is way too fast, and Esther, she is WAY to smart of a player.

tsk.tsk.tsk......you must have missed the game at PCCHS against SV last month then or you'd know that your opinion on the straight up is incorrect. BUT kudos for your thoughts.... I agree with you in the fact that Sally and Esther (along with Cantrell) are good but so are about SEVEN of PC's players. This will be a good game to watch. Smile I'm hoping that the Hawks take it all the way to the big city of BG!!!!
I think PC should win this game..... But, ya never know.....

Im taking VALLEY...

Shelby Valley- 74
Pike Central - 70
PCC by about 15 points.
.houshmandzadeh. Wrote:I think PC should win this game..... But, ya never know.....

Im taking VALLEY...

Shelby Valley- 74
Pike Central - 70
do you really think anyone can score that many points against pc. They barely got half that many on a regular size floor just a couple weeks back?
ARE YOU JUST MAD CAUSE VALLEY BEAT THE TIGERS? SO I GUESS YOU WOULD HAVE SAID TIGERS BY 15 OVER PCC IF THEY PLAYED THEM RIGHT. I SAY VALLEY BY 5 IN A CLOSE ONE BUT THE DEFENSE THAT SHUT THE TIGERS DOWN WILL SHUT DOWN THE HAWKS!!!!!!!
The Guru Wrote:PCC by about 15 points.
I say PCC by 6 if they don't keep Roberts off the boards. If they do shut down her offensive rebounding and put backs, PCC by 18.
valley by 5 lets go girls show PCC how your suppose to play
Pike Central is way to deep on the bench look for Valley to get wore out at the end of the first half just as they did tonight against P-Ville...I think Valleys press will be broken varely easy if they go straght up full court...Valley has to worry about Lowe, Ratliff, Slone, K. Ratliff, Harris and the list goes on...While if PikeCentral can shut down Fleming...it will be over for Valley...Pike Central will be well rested while Valley will not...So we will see

PC by 6...
pikevilleball Wrote:ARE YOU JUST MAD CAUSE VALLEY BEAT THE TIGERS? SO I GUESS YOU WOULD HAVE SAID TIGERS BY 15 OVER PCC IF THEY PLAYED THEM RIGHT. I SAY VALLEY BY 5 IN A CLOSE ONE BUT THE DEFENSE THAT SHUT THE TIGERS DOWN WILL SHUT DOWN THE HAWKS!!!!!!!

I agree with GURU. PCCHS will spank SV. And NO, I didn't think the Lady Tigers would beat PCCHS by 15. They would kill us. There is no way we could match up with them. SV knows this also. For they have already felt the wrath of the Hawks once this year. So there, I DID make this perdiction. Unlike you said I did for the Paintsville game. Rolleyes
but PCC felt the wrath of SV at there place so they are even now. they do have a good team but i feel that valley will beat them
OffTheHook Wrote:I agree with GURU. PCCHS will spank SV. And NO, I didn't think the Lady Tigers would beat PCCHS by 15. They would kill us. There is no way we could match up with them. SV knows this also. For they have already felt the wrath of the Hawks once this year. So there, I DID make this perdiction. Unlike you said I did for the Paintsville game. Rolleyes
valleyrules101 Wrote:but PCC felt the wrath of SV at there place so they are even now. they do have a good team but i feel that valley will beat them

But, wasn't PCC missing a couple girls during that game?
i dont think so but not for sure.
OffTheHook Wrote:But, wasn't PCC missing a couple girls during that game?
This game will be the best game during the whole region,I can't wait to watch it,but im takin valley by 2

Valley-56
PC-54
valleyrules101 Wrote:i dont think so but not for sure.

They were missing Slone and Haley and Lowe got into to quick fould trouble...
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:Sorry but I don't think that all of PCC's players could take Valley's straight up like stated above, if they could, Valley wouldn't score, and wouldn't have a chance to win, hmm, didn't Valley win at Valley? Well, kind of ruins that straight up theory. Sally Roberts can't be guarded by PCC, nor by any team in the region, she is way too fast, and Esther, she is WAY to smart of a player.

YEA WELL PCC GUARD SALLY PRETTY GOOD AT PC! AND DIDNT PC BEAT SV AT PC?
all-or-nothing Wrote:This game will be OUTSTANDING. It will come down to who plays team ball with more HEART! Two great teams with great girls. I can't wait. Good luck to both teams, but I'm going with Valley in a barn-burner. We probably do match up pretty evenly, but Courtney Smallwood is bringing it. Just try to do something with her!

I dont think she is anywhere near AD Slone And Kayla Lowe from PC!
Or them 2 magoffin girls who play post sometimes(cant remember the name)
IMO

Well I don't know if you attended the game at PC a couple weeks ago, but just in case you missed it let me give you a quick recap. PCCHS' defense controlled SV offense! I know that's a bold statement but it is true. Anytime Fleming or Roberts would take it to the hoop, they were getting blocked at will by the twin towers for PC, Lowe and Slone. When that wasn't happening they were luck to the ball to the 3 point line without getting it slapped away by the PC guards.
As far as my prediction on the game I am going to have to go with PC by 7! GO LADY HAWKS!!!!!
Hawks by 12. Valley has no answer for the twin towers, Slone and Lowe. If Central shuts down Fleming, the Lady Hawks will be on their way to the 15th region championship for the 4th straight year.
pikevilleball Wrote:ARE YOU JUST MAD CAUSE VALLEY BEAT THE TIGERS? SO I GUESS YOU WOULD HAVE SAID TIGERS BY 15 OVER PCC IF THEY PLAYED THEM RIGHT. I SAY VALLEY BY 5 IN A CLOSE ONE BUT THE DEFENSE THAT SHUT THE TIGERS DOWN WILL SHUT DOWN THE HAWKS!!!!!!!

its going 2 be a good game but i dont think valley has the size to handle Slone or Lowe
valleyrules101 Wrote:i dont think so but not for sure.

pc did not have a.d slone and had just came off of two big wins against mc and clay county. perhaps they were a little overconfident.