Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
57th District Championship: Paintsville vs. Magoffin 3/2/07
Both teams are very capable of winning this game, it all depends on which coach can get their kids to execute the game plan. For Magoffin to win they need to keep paintsvilles scoring in the sixties, therefore they have to rebound and not give up second shots and contest every shot. Paintsville will try to run their score up near the 80s and if they do so it will be hard for the ailing hornets to win. i have watched almost every game this year and if the players from magoffin are healthy enough to keep their feet under them and play solid defense im going with MAGOFFIN score being:

Magoffin 64
Paintsville 59

*notice i didnt say upset
As a self professed "gym rat", I have seen these teams play MANY times. Magoffin ALWAYS brings their "A" game to PHS. Everyone does and they are no exception. I think the game will be close. The tigers need to pull together. JD and Landon are both nursing injuries, but they will have to come out and play strong. We need to devote 110% effort to offensive boards and aggressive rebounding. Bundy needs to play smart - not the hero. Van needs to drop the shots and get the blocks. JD needs more points off of the Free throw line, but his performance there may be the clincher. Grimm needs to handle the dirty work and make the momentum turner steals, recoveries, etc. Tigers, have to go all out and be the REAL DEAL.

If all goes well and the heat and intensity can wear MCHS out, the tigers should pull it off. However, this is officially March and there is no record to fall back on and no second chances!!
After tonights Magoffin/Paintsville game anything can happen!!!

Good Luck Hornets!!!
gonna go with the ville by 15+
Magoffin in this one!
Last year Magoffin played a heck of a game against Paintsville in the District game, with so much pressure on their sholders. I feel this year the boys have more confidence and not so much pressure that they are going to be tore up. So with that I think if Magoffin brings that "A" game that we all know and love to see; Magoffin County will have their first District Championship since 2000???? Correct me if I am wrong but that is that last I can remember and it would be Neil West's first since he has been the head coach at Magoffin, (as the boys coach) Lord knows he deserve's it as he has turned ANOTHER program around! Good Luck Boys!!!
Oh and with the score

Magoffin 68
Paintsville 63
:Clap:
I'd like to see Magoffin pull this one out but I think it's going to be hard, especially on the Tiger's homecourt. It still should be a close one.

Pville- 69
Magoffin- 62
Paintsville definitely needs to bring their "A" Game! Anything can happen, but I know Paintsville is ready and really wants this victory! Good Luck boys!
Paintsville by 8
My heart is with Paintsville but I happen to personally know Coach West. He is a great person and coach. I wish him luck with anything he does. He has been as asset to the Magoffin County program, win or lose Magoffin wins by having him as a coach.
Watchful Eye Wrote:My heart is with Paintsville but I happen to personally know Coach West. He is a great person and coach. I wish him luck with anything he does. He has been as asset to the Magoffin County program, win or lose Magoffin wins by having him as a coach.

Great post :thumpsup:
GO TIGERS!
:rockon:
Magoffin by 6
StillAnMCfan Wrote:Gonna have to give the nod to PHS here. By 10. .
your prognosticating skills really suck
Okay, this one's done and overwith so let's shut her down.