Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
57th District Championship: Paintsville vs. Magoffin 3/2/07
Who wins this one at PHS?
I think Magoffin will keep it close, hopefully they can pull out the victory.
Magoffin 63
Paintsville 60
Gonna have to give the nod to PHS here. By 10. Tourney time anything can happen though. It would be great to see MC pull this one off. What a boost that would be going to the EXPO.
Going to say Paintsville by 12.
Paintsville at home by 10
I see p-ville winning this but MC played great tonight should be a close game.
I believe Pville will get the calls and pull out a close one. tigers by 6
Itll be hard to beat pville at home but if Magoffin keeps playing like they have they can win this one ill say
Magoffin-68
Pville-66

(we owe pville one from last year)
StillAnMCfan Wrote:Gonna have to give the nod to PHS here. By 10. Tourney time anything can happen though. It would be great to see MC pull this one off. What a boost that would be going to the EXPO.
traitor !!!!!!!!
The Fan Wrote:traitor !!!!!!!!
HeHe. Just trying to call it honest the way I see it coming down.
StillAnMCfan Wrote:HeHe. Just trying to call it honest the way I see it coming down.
LOL !! BTW who you gonna root for Thursday and Friday you are from Magoffin live in Paintsville have a kid that goes to Magoffin and one to Paintsville show us your true true colors on this public forum
The Fan Wrote:LOL !! BTW who you gonna root for Thursday and Friday you are from Magoffin live in Paintsville have a kid that goes to Magoffin and one to Paintsville show us your true true colors on this public forum
OWNED LOL!!!!!!
The Fan Wrote:LOL !! BTW who you gonna root for Thursday and Friday you are from Magoffin live in Paintsville have a kid that goes to Magoffin and one to Paintsville show us your true true colors on this public forum
I'll be sitting on the Magoffin side, LOL. As I said the other night during the Magoffin white out, I just wore a "pale blue".
I am going to say PHS by 6.
Hopefully MC can pull the upset but if not, I say Paintsville by 10
Gotta go with my Tigers in this one. They play like they did the first 3 quarters against JC and with Magoffin not at 100%, Paintsville should win big. But since it's the district championship Magoffin will overcome the injuries and keep it close til the final minute or two. Paintsville by 10...
If Paintsille comes out and plays like they did against JC then there will not be a game to it. I hope the Tigers win but i hope it is a close game and not a blowout.

PHS 82
MCHS 76
Magoffin's Keys to winning:
Keep Slone from getting 25-30pts.
Play Physical.
Get Arnett involved early.

Paintsville's Keys to winning:
Don't give Magoffin any second chance points.
Landon need to have another big all around game.
Force turnovers.

JMO....
Moe Wrote:Magoffin's Keys to winning:
Keep Slone from getting 25-30pts.
Play Physical.
Get Arnett involved early.

Paintsville's Keys to winning:
Don't give Magoffin any second chance points.
Landon need to have another big all around game.
Force turnovers.

JMO....

Pretty good analysis, but I got one to add for Paintsville. Van Ferguson needs to have another big game, as seen in many games this year, when he is on, everyone is on.
Magoffin is going to have to play their A game and everyone of the younger players that are getting a lot of playing time due to injury will need to step it up. Magoffin will need to feed the ball to Rice and let him try and get some of Pville's players in foul trouble.

Magoffin - 62
Paintsville - 61
Paintsville by 15
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Paintsville by 10.

But I look for Magoffin to play hard the whole game and to make some noise in the 15th Region Tourney.
Im gonna half to say p-ville by atleast 8
Redneck Wrote:Pretty good analysis, but I got one to add for Paintsville. Van Ferguson needs to have another big game, as seen in many games this year, when he is on, everyone is on.
Most definitly, I agree that could very well determine the outcome of this game.
heart says MC head says Paintsville
Panther#42 Wrote:heart says MC head says Paintsville

I agree. It is going to be really hard for MC to win this one. No one thought MC had a chance against them last year and they got beat on a last second shot. Look for this to be an excellent game.
Hard to play at Paintsville. Even harder when you are playing Paintsville. Going to give the nod to the TIGERS. Hope Magoffin can pull it out, but would be surprised if they did. Paintsville's athletes will be a little to much for the Hornets to handle IMO. Good luck to both teams.

Tigers by 12+
Paintsville by 10+

Van and Landon will light it up.
Paintsville got all they wanted from MC last year in the semi-finals, this year I hope the Hornets step it up. I know you can!!!
Paintsville will win yet another District Championship.

P'VILLE-81
MC-69