Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My prediction for UK's 2017 schedule
Records as of 10/11 along with some tidbits.

@ Mississippi State: 3-2. Will probably be 4-2 when they play UK. This game being @ 4:00pm EST is much better than a night game in StarkVegas.

VS. Tennessee: 3-2. They will probably be on three game loosing streak when they come to Kroger Field. They leave Lexington 3-5 and UK sends Mr. Buzzcut back to teaching P.E. for Beavis & Butt-Head.

VS. Ole Miss: 2-3. Have to play three straight SEC teams before they come to the Bluegrass. UK adds another win to this historic season.

@ Vanderbilt: 3-3. Three straight L's for Vandy. They might get two wins between now and the UK game. But, UK doesn't usually play well in Nashville. That changes this year.

@ Georgia: 6-0. The Dawgs are looking tough. Let's all hope they drop a game between now and then so this game in Athens is for the SEC East championship. @ Auburn the week before & @ Georgia Tech the week after, both are big rivalry games. UK could be a trap game.

VS. Louisville: 4-2. The Cards are Lamar and a bunch of dudes. We are a better team than what we were last year & they aren't as good as they were last year. UK gives Bobby Petrino another L before he leaves for Knoxville.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Wouldn't be surprised if Ole Miss and Vandy are the only wins we get. I just can't trust our coaches to win us ball games anymore in tough games.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Spud6 Wrote:Wouldn't be surprised if Ole Miss and Vandy are the only wins we get. I just can't trust our coaches to win us ball games anymore in tough games.

Talk like that will NOT be tolerated mister..... :biggrin:
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Sept. 2nd @ Southern Mississippi
Last year, the Golden Eagles and Shannon Dawson hit UK in the mouth in CWS. I see UK getting revenge in Hattiesburg.
1-0

Sept. 9th vs. Eastern Kentucky Univ.
The Colonels almost stole a big W two years ago in CWS. I see a more focused and talented UK team taking care of business early.
2-0

Sept. 16th @ South Carolina
UK has beat the Gamecocks three years in a row. This will more than likely be a night game in Columbia. It will also be the first road SEC game for several players. I'm still going with the Cats. South Carolina will play on the road @ Missouri the week before for the Columbia Cup trophy. UK has two games to figure some things out. South Carolina has two tough games to open the season.
3-0

Sept. 23rd vs. Florida
THIS IS THE YEAR........ THE 30 LOSING YEAR STREAK ENDS!!!!!!!
Florida plays Tennessee the week before, UK (should) come in to this game 3-0 and a fan base than feels like this is finally the year. Our talent is as close to Florida's as it's ever been during this dreadful streak. UK cuts the head off the Gator and shows the SEC we really can win the East.
4-0

Sept. 30th vs. Eastern Michigan
UK is riding high after finally beating the Gators. After a big play or two early in the game, UK takes care of business in the 3rd qtr.
5-0

Oct. 7th vs. Missouri
Missouri will come in to this game after playing a tough Auburn team and will have to go to Georgia the following week. UK makes it three in a row vs. Missouri and is undefeated in SEC play.
6-0

Oct. 14th is the OPEN Week..... and in theory, it sets up perfect. Six games down, hopefully eight more to go.

Oct. 21st @ Mississippi State
UK kicked a field goal last year to get the 40-38 win in CWS. This could be a game UK has a stinker game. On the road after the Open week and having to play Tennessee next Saturday.... all of these could add up and see UK loose their first game of the season. This is a very winnable game, UK just has to take care of business.
6-1 or 7-0

Oct. 28th vs. Tennessee
The Vols make the trip north. It seemed like Tennessee was imploding last season before UK played them. But Dobbs ran all over the place on us. The Saturday night before Halloween could see that ugly pumpkin color orange get smeared all over the field at CWS.
7-1 or 8-0

Nov. 4th vs. Ole Miss
Ole Miss is a program that is on the 'ropes.' Being a UK fan and wanting to see UK have the best season of my lifetime, I'm gonna give the nod to UK only because this game is at CWS.
8-1 or 9-0

Nov. 11th @ Vanderbilt
UK has to beat the Dores.... for UK to be a legit SEC team, they have to beat Vandy on a regular basis. Last time in Nashville, UK played like a terrible NAIA team. I see the Cats getting a big W.
9-1 or 10-0

Nov. 18th @ Georgia
The Dawgs committed highway robbery last in CWS. Their nerdy looking kicker and a few costly turnovers saw the Dawgs leave Lexington with a W. Georgia plays on the road @ Auburn the week before and they play in a major rivalry game @ Georgia Tech the week after. UK wins this game and they win the SEC East for the first time and go to their first ever SEC championship game. Let's hope Georgia overlooks us.
10-1 or 11-0

Nov. 25th vs. Louisville
Since Petrino wouldn't let any media record their Spring game, we really don't know what they have. Lamar's fumble late in the 4th qtr. gave UK a major Win last year and has boosted UK's program. UK sends the Heisman winner out with an L in his last time in CWS and sees UK go to the SEC Championship game.
11-1 or 12-0

That's right.... I have UK going 11-1 or 12-0. This is MY predictions, if you don't like it... do your own list. This is the best Talent and Depth UK has had on their roster, maybe ever. Players who would have started five seasons ago and we would have been pumped over is now on the scout team or getting 3rd team reps. Our schedule isn't easy, but we don't have Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, LSU or Texas A&M this year.

Then again, I could be totally wrong. UK could go 3-9 or worse. However, I don't see it. The coaching staff is better, the talent and depth is finally close to mid-level SEC schools and our schedule sets up for a historic and program changing (for the better) season. For the first time our Cats could (and should) be in the Playoff rankings. We may not make the playoffs, but we will be looking at a premier New Years Day bowl or better.

UNIVERSITY OF KENTUCKY
2017 SEC EAST CHAMPIONS

Southern Miss: :Thumbs:

EKU: :Thumbs:

South Carolina: :Thumbs:

Florida: :flush:

EMU: :Thumbs:

Missouri: :Thumbs:

Miss. St. :flush: :igiveup: :HitWall:

UK is setting at 5-2 after their worst performance since playing @ Florida last year. Miss. St. beat us in every aspect of the game, this one was never close.

Tennessee comes to town next Saturday. Butch Jones may or may not be the coach when the Vols come to Lexington. UK can beat Tennessee, Tennessee is a straight dumpster fire. They've lost three straight games to SEC teams and are 3-4 overall. Kentucky can all but end Tennessee's bowl hopes for this season and send Butch Jones to the unemployment line all on the same time.

If we don't play better than what we did against Miss. St., we'll be lucky to get 6 wins, but I still see this team being 9-3 or 8-4.
Last year, the Golden Eagles and Shannon Dawson hit UK in the mouth in CWS. I see UK getting revenge in Hattiesburg.
1-0

The Colonels almost stole a big W two years ago in CWS. I see a more focused and talented UK team taking care of business early.
2-0

UK has beat the Gamecocks three years in a row. This will more than likely be a night game in Columbia. It will also be the first road SEC game for several players. I'm still going with the Cats. South Carolina will play on the road @ Missouri the week before for the Columbia Cup trophy. UK has two games to figure some things out. South Carolina has two tough games to open the season.
3-0

Sept. 23rd vs. Florida
Florida plays Tennessee the week before, UK (should) come in to this game 3-0 and a fan base than feels like this is finally the year. Our talent is as close to Florida's as it's ever been during this dreadful streak. UK cuts the head off the Gator and shows the SEC we really can win the East.
4-0

UK is riding high after finally beating the Gators. After a big play or two early in the game, UK takes care of business in the 3rd qtr.
5-0

Oct. 7th vs. Missouri
Missouri will come in to this game after playing a tough Auburn team and will have to go to Georgia the following week. UK makes it three in a row vs. Missouri and is undefeated in SEC play.
6-0

Oct. 14th is the OPEN Week..... and in theory, it sets up perfect. Six games down, hopefully eight more to go.

UK kicked a field goal last year to get the 40-38 win in CWS. This could be a game UK has a stinker game. On the road after the Open week and having to play Tennessee next Saturday.... all of these could add up and see UK loose their first game of the season. This is a very winnable game, UK just has to take care of business.
6-1 or 7-0

Oct. 28th vs. Tennessee
The Vols make the trip north. It seemed like Tennessee was imploding last season before UK played them. But Dobbs ran all over the place on us. The Saturday night before Halloween could see that ugly pumpkin color orange get smeared all over the field at CWS.
7-1 or 8-0

Nov. 4th vs. Ole Miss
Ole Miss is a program that is on the 'ropes.' Being a UK fan and wanting to see UK have the best season of my lifetime, I'm gonna give the nod to UK only because this game is at CWS.
8-1 or 9-0

Nov. 11th @ Vanderbilt
UK has to beat the Dores.... for UK to be a legit SEC team, they have to beat Vandy on a regular basis. Last time in Nashville, UK played like a terrible NAIA team. I see the Cats getting a big W.
9-1 or 10-0

Nov. 18th @ Georgia
The Dawgs committed highway robbery last in CWS. Their nerdy looking kicker and a few costly turnovers saw the Dawgs leave Lexington with a W. Georgia plays on the road @ Auburn the week before and they play in a major rivalry game @ Georgia Tech the week after. UK wins this game and they win the SEC East for the first time and go to their first ever SEC championship game. Let's hope Georgia overlooks us.
10-1 or 11-0

Nov. 25th vs. Louisville
Since Petrino wouldn't let any media record their Spring game, we really don't know what they have. Lamar's fumble late in the 4th qtr. gave UK a major Win last year and has boosted UK's program. UK sends the Heisman winner out with an L in his last time in CWS and sees UK go to the SEC Championship game.
11-1 or 12-0

That's right.... I have UK going 11-1 or 12-0. This is MY predictions, if you don't like it... do your own list. This is the best Talent and Depth UK has had on their roster, maybe ever. Players who would have started five seasons ago and we would have been pumped over is now on the scout team or getting 3rd team reps. Our schedule isn't easy, but we don't have Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, LSU or Texas A&M this year.

Then again, I could be totally wrong. UK could go 3-9 or worse. However, I don't see it. The coaching staff is better, the talent and depth is finally close to mid-level SEC schools and our schedule sets up for a historic and program changing (for the better) season. For the first time our Cats could (and should) be in the Playoff rankings. We may not make the playoffs, but we will be looking at a premier New Years Day bowl or better.

UNIVERSITY OF KENTUCKY
2017 SEC EAST CHAMPIONS

Eastern Kentucky: :Thumbs:

Eastern Michigan: :Thumbs:

Mississippi State: :flush: :igiveup: :HitWall:

Tennessee: :Thumbs:

UK is 6-2 & bowl eligible in October for the first time since 2007.

We have three winnable games left (Ole Miss, Vanderbilt & Louisville). Finishing the season 8-4 or 9-3 is still very possible.
Ole Miss can score, but they can't stop nobody. UK gets their 7th win next Saturday in Kroger Field.

@ Georgia is gonna be tuff. Not saying it is impossible to get a W in Athens, but the Dawgs are playing some good football right now.
1-0

2-0

3-0

Sept. 23rd vs. Florida
4-0

5-0

Oct. 7th vs. Missouri
6-0

6-1 or 7-0

Oct. 28th vs. Tennessee
7-1 or 8-0

Nov. 4th vs. Ole Miss
8-1 or 9-0

Nov. 11th @ Vanderbilt
9-1 or 10-0

Nov. 18th @ Georgia
10-1 or 11-0

Nov. 25th vs. Louisville
11-1 or 12-0

UNIVERSITY OF KENTUCKY
2017 SEC EAST CHAMPIONS

Miss. St.: :flush: :igiveup: :HitWall:

Ole Miss: :flush::igiveup: :HitWall:

The loss against Ole Miss is what we get for playing with fire too often. BEING CONSERVATIVE COST US!!!!!!
Goodbye program changing season.
1-0

2-0

3-0

Sept. 23rd vs. Florida
4-0

5-0

Oct. 7th vs. Missouri
6-0

6-1 or 7-0

Oct. 28th vs. Tennessee
7-1 or 8-0

Nov. 4th vs. Ole Miss
8-1 or 9-0

Nov. 11th @ Vanderbilt
9-1 or 10-0

Nov. 18th @ Georgia
10-1 or 11-0

Nov. 25th vs. Louisville
11-1 or 12-0

UNIVERSITY OF KENTUCKY
2017 SEC EAST CHAMPIONS

Vanderbilt: :Thumbs:

Where has this UK team that played against Vanderbilt been all season?
We are 7-3 for the first time since 2007. 8-4 is still a very good possibility. UK is sitting at 10-2, minus about three dumb plays in two games.

Either way, I'll take it 7-3.... not happy with that, cause it should be better. But ain't no way I'm gonna complain.
IF—and it’s still a big IF—we can beat Louisville and win our bowl game, finish 9-4, then that’s a pretty doggone good season. I know, like you said, could have, should have been so much better right now, should be going to Athens next week with SEC East on the line. But at the same time, go 9-4 and I’ll just sing our praises.
By the way, I went to the Vandy game today, and I’m telling you the stands were at least 60-40 in UKs favor, maybe more. If we had been 8-1, I think it would have been 75-25 or more. Our fans really are pretty special with the way they show up.
They always have been! Kentucky has the BEST FANS in the world. They are anxiously awaiting for a team to cheer for!!
1-0

2-0

3-0

Sept. 23rd vs. Florida
4-0

5-0

Oct. 7th vs. Missouri
6-0

6-1 or 7-0

Oct. 28th vs. Tennessee
7-1 or 8-0

Nov. 4th vs. Ole Miss
8-1 or 9-0

Nov. 11th @ Vanderbilt
9-1 or 10-0

Nov. 18th @ Georgia
10-1 or 11-0

Nov. 25th vs. Louisville
11-1 or 12-0

UNIVERSITY OF KENTUCKY
2017 SEC EAST CHAMPIONS

Georgia: :flush:

UK had their chances against the Dawgs... There is a reason they were ranked #1 in the nation and are currently #7.

UK needs to refocus and set their sights on whoopin' some Cardinal tail next Saturday.

#KeepTheCup
UK will be lucky to go 6-6 or 7-5.
cj2561 Wrote:UK will be lucky to go 6-6 or 7-5.

You do know they are currently 7-4 right? So 6-6 is off the table, 7-6 is the worst possible final record, 9-4 is still in play.
Van Hagar Wrote:You do know they are currently 7-4 right? So 6-6 is off the table, 7-6 is the worst possible final record, 9-4 is still in play.
Most likely 7-6 with one win against a team with a winning record (SC)
In a year that the SEC East is arguably the weakest it’s been in many years.....
Van Hagar Wrote:You do know they are currently 7-4 right? So 6-6 is off the table, 7-6 is the worst possible final record, 9-4 is still in play.

you do know next year is not this year. TENN, FL, and GA is a lose in the east. Miss St is a lose if Dan stay there, Old Miss, SC, and Missouri all is a 50/50 change as of right now.
cj2561 Wrote:you do know next year is not this year. TENN, FL, and GA is a lose in the east. Miss St is a lose if Dan stay there, Old Miss, SC, and Missouri all is a 50/50 change as of right now.

That’s this years schedule. You have me so confused lol
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
cj2561 Wrote:UK will be lucky to go 6-6 or 7-5.
NOWHERE did you say you were talking about next year. And NOWHERE had any other post mentioned next year. So anyone would assume you were talking about this year. Your posts are very hard to decipher.
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:Most likely 7-6 with one win against a team with a winning record (SC)
In a year that the SEC East is arguably the weakest it’s been in many years.....

Sorta ironic that the team we beat in that one good win got better all year, even after losing their best offensive player for the year against us, and now we are looking up at them in the standings. I’m really afraid Lamar Jackson may completely torch us on his on next week, then after two losses we may mail it in in the bowl game like Jokers team did that year in Birmingham.
Van Hagar Wrote:NOWHERE did you say you were talking about next year. And NOWHERE had any other post mentioned next year. So anyone would assume you were talking about this year. Your posts are very hard to decipher.

look at the list that they post. that is not this year. it is next year.
cj2561 Wrote:look at the list that they post. that is not this year. it is next year.

:insane:
#BBFL
Spud6 Wrote::insane:
Apparently, Spud6, this dude is caught up in some kind of freaky time warp thing. Only explanation I can come up with.
1-0

2-0

3-0

Sept. 23rd vs. Florida
4-0

5-0

Oct. 7th vs. Missouri
6-0

6-1 or 7-0

Oct. 28th vs. Tennessee
7-1 or 8-0

Nov. 4th vs. Ole Miss
8-1 or 9-0

Nov. 11th @ Vanderbilt
9-1 or 10-0

Nov. 18th @ Georgia
10-1 or 11-0

Nov. 25th vs. Louisville
11-1 or 12-0

UNIVERSITY OF KENTUCKY
2017 SEC EAST CHAMPIONS

Louisville: :flush: :igiveup: :HitWall: TongueirateSku :boosign:

Yesterday was an ALL SYSTEMS FAILURE for UK. Nothing else to say.
7-5 is good and better than the 2-10 seasons we've had. But not all 7-5 seasons are not created equal.

Let's turn our sights to the bowl game.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Southern Miss: :Thumbs:

Louisville: :flush: :igiveup: :HitWall: TongueirateSku :boosign:

Yesterday was an ALL SYSTEMS FAILURE for UK. Nothing else to say.
7-5 is good and better than the 2-10 seasons we've had. But not all 7-5 seasons are not created equal.

Let's turn our sights to the bowl game.
Your prediction wasn't really that far off base. After the Vandy game Kentucky should have been 9-1. I think a Bowl Game win is very important for this Kentucky team. Stoop's needs to end the season on a positive, plus 8-5 is a clear improvement . I would love to see Mark Stoops talk his big brother Bob into being his DC. I think only Momma Stoop's would have the power to make that happen. I have made it clear that I am not a fan of Eddie Gran and his system. I hope Mark Stoop's thinks out of the box and does something different on offense and hires a new OC. If you go back and study Gran @ UK on film it will become clear to you. Football is too important in the SEC for a system like his to work over the long run. SEC DC's figure you out quick.