Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: My prediction for UK's 2017 schedule
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Sept. 2nd @ Southern Mississippi
Last year, the Golden Eagles and Shannon Dawson hit UK in the mouth in CWS. I see UK getting revenge in Hattiesburg.
1-0

Sept. 9th vs. Eastern Kentucky Univ.
The Colonels almost stole a big W two years ago in CWS. I see a more focused and talented UK team taking care of business early.
2-0

Sept. 16th @ South Carolina
UK has beat the Gamecocks three years in a row. This will more than likely be a night game in Columbia. It will also be the first road SEC game for several players. I'm still going with the Cats. South Carolina will play on the road @ Missouri the week before for the Columbia Cup trophy. UK has two games to figure some things out. South Carolina has two tough games to open the season.
3-0

Sept. 23rd vs. Florida
THIS IS THE YEAR........ THE 30 LOSING YEAR STREAK ENDS!!!!!!!
Florida plays Tennessee the week before, UK (should) come in to this game 3-0 and a fan base than feels like this is finally the year. Our talent is as close to Florida's as it's ever been during this dreadful streak. UK cuts the head off the Gator and shows the SEC we really can win the East.
4-0

Sept. 30th vs. Eastern Michigan
UK is riding high after finally beating the Gators. After a big play or two early in the game, UK takes care of business in the 3rd qtr.
5-0

Oct. 7th vs. Missouri
Missouri will come in to this game after playing a tough Auburn team and will have to go to Georgia the following week. UK makes it three in a row vs. Missouri and is undefeated in SEC play.
6-0

Oct. 14th is the OPEN Week..... and in theory, it sets up perfect. Six games down, hopefully eight more to go.

Oct. 21st @ Mississippi State
UK kicked a field goal last year to get the 40-38 win in CWS. This could be a game UK has a stinker game. On the road after the Open week and having to play Tennessee next Saturday.... all of these could add up and see UK loose their first game of the season. This is a very winnable game, UK just has to take care of business.
6-1 or 7-0

Oct. 28th vs. Tennessee
The Vols make the trip north. It seemed like Tennessee was imploding last season before UK played them. But Dobbs ran all over the place on us. The Saturday night before Halloween could see that ugly pumpkin color orange get smeared all over the field at CWS.
7-1 or 8-0

Nov. 4th vs. Ole Miss
Ole Miss is a program that is on the 'ropes.' Being a UK fan and wanting to see UK have the best season of my lifetime, I'm gonna give the nod to UK only because this game is at CWS.
8-1 or 9-0

Nov. 11th @ Vanderbilt
UK has to beat the Dores.... for UK to be a legit SEC team, they have to beat Vandy on a regular basis. Last time in Nashville, UK played like a terrible NAIA team. I see the Cats getting a big W.
9-1 or 10-0

Nov. 18th @ Georgia
The Dawgs committed highway robbery last in CWS. Their nerdy looking kicker and a few costly turnovers saw the Dawgs leave Lexington with a W. Georgia plays on the road @ Auburn the week before and they play in a major rivalry game @ Georgia Tech the week after. UK wins this game and they win the SEC East for the first time and go to their first ever SEC championship game. Let's hope Georgia overlooks us.
10-1 or 11-0

Nov. 25th vs. Louisville
Since Petrino wouldn't let any media record their Spring game, we really don't know what they have. Lamar's fumble late in the 4th qtr. gave UK a major Win last year and has boosted UK's program. UK sends the Heisman winner out with an L in his last time in CWS and sees UK go to the SEC Championship game.
11-1 or 12-0

That's right.... I have UK going 11-1 or 12-0. This is MY predictions, if you don't like it... do your own list. This is the best Talent and Depth UK has had on their roster, maybe ever. Players who would have started five seasons ago and we would have been pumped over is now on the scout team or getting 3rd team reps. Our schedule isn't easy, but we don't have Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, LSU or Texas A&M this year.

Then again, I could be totally wrong. UK could go 3-9 or worse. However, I don't see it. The coaching staff is better, the talent and depth is finally close to mid-level SEC schools and our schedule sets up for a historic and program changing (for the better) season. For the first time our Cats could (and should) be in the Playoff rankings. We may not make the playoffs, but we will be looking at a premier New Years Day bowl or better.

UNIVERSITY OF KENTUCKY
2017 SEC EAST CHAMPIONS
Bold prediction my friend, but I hope with everything in me that this happens as well.
I would love nothing better than to be 11-1. But I'm afraid you have been a little hard on the Blue Koolaid, and clouded your vision just a little bit. I'm thinking we go into the Louisville game needing a win to go Bowling again.
Spud6 Wrote:Bold prediction my friend, but I hope with everything in me that this happens as well.

insideinfo Wrote:I would love nothing better than to be 11-1. But I'm afraid you have been a little hard on the Blue Koolaid, and clouded your vision just a little bit. I'm thinking we go into the Louisville game needing a win to go Bowling again.

I 100% agree my predictions are 'Pie in the Sky'.... but we were a few plays away from being 9-3 last season in stead of 7-5. Florida, Alabama and Tennessee wore us out. Southern Miss and Georgia were games that IF a few plays go a different way, UK wins. And I know you can say IF, WOULD, COULD, SHOULD about anything in life.... but everybody that saw those games knows this is true. On the other hand, IF a few plays goes against us, we are 4-8 or 5-7.... maybe worse. If Lamar doesn't have a late fumble or If we don't hit a field goal vs. Miss. St., we are 5-7.
Cats should start 3-0 and go 4-1 heading into the Missouri game. Could be 5-1 going into the Miss State game

They still should go bowling regardless...
That prediction is hilarious 😂
I think we lose to Florida, georgia, and Tennessee for sure
They will also drop a game to either miss st. Or Ole miss. I also see them getting upset by s. Miss, scar, Missouri, or vandy.

And lville game is a tossup

So at best I'm gonna say 7 and 5.
My prediction is 6 and 6.
If we lose either the s. Miss game or scar game to start the year it will kill this team and they won't make a bowl.
That prediction may seem crazy, but if it were to ever happen this would be the season. A very forgiving schedule. I am going to predict 8-4, but not going to even guess who the losses are to.
Motley Wrote:That prediction may seem crazy, but if it were to ever happen this would be the season. A very forgiving schedule. I am going to predict 8-4, but not going to even guess who the losses are to.

That's pretty much the entire jest of my prediction.

I really believe UK will be 6-0 going in to the Bye week. A few things go UK's way in the 2nd half of the season..... and we are looking at UK's best season in 40+ years.
I see 8-4 or maybe 9-3....either way I think this team is much improved and will go bowling.
I am going to say they will be 9-3.
@ Southern Miss - Win
vs EKU - Win
@ South Carolina - Win
vs Florida - Loss
vs Eastern Michigan - Win
vs Missouri - Win
@ Miss State - Loss
vs Tennessee - Win
vs Ole Miss - Win
@ Vanderbilt - Win
@ Georgia - Loss
vs Louisville - Loss

I think we finish the year at 8-4. We are capable of winning every game on the schedule, but the SEC is so tough, week in and week out. As Pulp mentioned earlier, we are as deep as we have been in a long time, but I still don't know if we have developed enough depth, to be able to go toe to toe with the top teams in the SEC.
They go 6-6 or 7-5.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Sept. 2nd @ Southern Mississippi
Last year, the Golden Eagles and Shannon Dawson hit UK in the mouth in CWS. I see UK getting revenge in Hattiesburg.
1-0

The Colonels almost stole a big W two years ago in CWS. I see a more focused and talented UK team taking care of business early.
2-0

UK has beat the Gamecocks three years in a row. This will more than likely be a night game in Columbia. It will also be the first road SEC game for several players. I'm still going with the Cats. South Carolina will play on the road @ Missouri the week before for the Columbia Cup trophy. UK has two games to figure some things out. South Carolina has two tough games to open the season.
3-0

Sept. 23rd vs. Florida
Florida plays Tennessee the week before, UK (should) come in to this game 3-0 and a fan base than feels like this is finally the year. Our talent is as close to Florida's as it's ever been during this dreadful streak. UK cuts the head off the Gator and shows the SEC we really can win the East.
4-0

UK is riding high after finally beating the Gators. After a big play or two early in the game, UK takes care of business in the 3rd qtr.
5-0

Oct. 7th vs. Missouri
Missouri will come in to this game after playing a tough Auburn team and will have to go to Georgia the following week. UK makes it three in a row vs. Missouri and is undefeated in SEC play.
6-0

Oct. 14th is the OPEN Week..... and in theory, it sets up perfect. Six games down, hopefully eight more to go.

UK kicked a field goal last year to get the 40-38 win in CWS. This could be a game UK has a stinker game. On the road after the Open week and having to play Tennessee next Saturday.... all of these could add up and see UK loose their first game of the season. This is a very winnable game, UK just has to take care of business.
6-1 or 7-0

Oct. 28th vs. Tennessee
The Vols make the trip north. It seemed like Tennessee was imploding last season before UK played them. But Dobbs ran all over the place on us. The Saturday night before Halloween could see that ugly pumpkin color orange get smeared all over the field at CWS.
7-1 or 8-0

Nov. 4th vs. Ole Miss
Ole Miss is a program that is on the 'ropes.' Being a UK fan and wanting to see UK have the best season of my lifetime, I'm gonna give the nod to UK only because this game is at CWS.
8-1 or 9-0

Nov. 11th @ Vanderbilt
UK has to beat the Dores.... for UK to be a legit SEC team, they have to beat Vandy on a regular basis. Last time in Nashville, UK played like a terrible NAIA team. I see the Cats getting a big W.
9-1 or 10-0

Nov. 18th @ Georgia
The Dawgs committed highway robbery last in CWS. Their nerdy looking kicker and a few costly turnovers saw the Dawgs leave Lexington with a W. Georgia plays on the road @ Auburn the week before and they play in a major rivalry game @ Georgia Tech the week after. UK wins this game and they win the SEC East for the first time and go to their first ever SEC championship game. Let's hope Georgia overlooks us.
10-1 or 11-0

Nov. 25th vs. Louisville
Since Petrino wouldn't let any media record their Spring game, we really don't know what they have. Lamar's fumble late in the 4th qtr. gave UK a major Win last year and has boosted UK's program. UK sends the Heisman winner out with an L in his last time in CWS and sees UK go to the SEC Championship game.
11-1 or 12-0

That's right.... I have UK going 11-1 or 12-0. This is MY predictions, if you don't like it... do your own list. This is the best Talent and Depth UK has had on their roster, maybe ever. Players who would have started five seasons ago and we would have been pumped over is now on the scout team or getting 3rd team reps. Our schedule isn't easy, but we don't have Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, LSU or Texas A&M this year.

Then again, I could be totally wrong. UK could go 3-9 or worse. However, I don't see it. The coaching staff is better, the talent and depth is finally close to mid-level SEC schools and our schedule sets up for a historic and program changing (for the better) season. For the first time our Cats could (and should) be in the Playoff rankings. We may not make the playoffs, but we will be looking at a premier New Years Day bowl or better.

UNIVERSITY OF KENTUCKY
2017 SEC EAST CHAMPIONS
You have lost your mind
Well, a boy can dream :-)
I think the UK football fans should be excited this year. We have more talent then this program has had in a long long time. I think we have a chance to have the best team and record since the 2006 and 2007 seasons. I think this team is going to be way better then those teams over a decade ago. With our talent level rising and the schedule we have this year by seasons end this could end up being one of the best years ever in Kentucky Wildcat's football history.
The depth is the best it has been in years. Should be able to hold our own in the trenches
This IS the PUT OR SHUT UP year. These our ALL STOOPS TROOPS. Win 7 or 8 and you'll find a lot of folks will come marching back to support UK football. And c'mon folks we need to be in a legit bowl game with some teeth to it.

The 6 win meh bowls are just that....!

If they win 5 or less it will be more of the same ol same ol and folks eagerly calling for the start of hoop season as always.

If Stephen Johnson stays healthy and this line blocks for him they could pull it off. I don't have a lot of confidence in OC Eddie Gran...he struggled with Tuberville at UC and finished his time there poorly based on UCs offensive #'s!

http://www.courier-journal.com/story/spo.../99913714/

Let's hope they don't drink "the cool-aid" during the season and get to fixin' things! Looking forward to drawing some conclusions after the SC and Florida games as to how this team is coming together or not!!!

GO CATS...
motley Wrote:that prediction may seem crazy, but if it were to ever happen this would be the season. a very forgiving schedule. I am going to predict 8-4, but not going to even guess who the losses are to.

a big this!!!
Stardust Wrote:Well, a boy can dream :-)

Lol I hope you are correct
lol...Win 8 this year.
@ Southern Miss - Win - The Cats get revenge
vs EKU - Win - Not even close
@ South Carolina - Loss - UK has USC's number but the Cats fall in Columbia under the lights.
vs Florida - Win - The 24 year streak ends! Cats chomp the Gators in Lexington
vs Eastern Michigan - Win - No contest
vs Missouri - Win - fighting with Vandy to be the SEC doormat
@ Miss State - Loss - Cats lose in Starkville
vs Tennessee - Loss - Possible upset game for the Cats!
vs Ole Miss - Win - Cats escape with the W
@ Vanderbilt - Win - Snoozer of a game...Cats win
@ Georgia - Loss - Between the hedges have the Cats in the doghouse
vs Louisville - Win - Dirty Birds fall again to the Cats in Lexington
6-6 at best...Don't think they will win at South Carolina
1-0

2-0

3-0

Sept. 23rd vs. Florida
4-0

5-0

Oct. 7th vs. Missouri
6-0

6-1 or 7-0

Oct. 28th vs. Tennessee
7-1 or 8-0

Nov. 4th vs. Ole Miss
8-1 or 9-0

Nov. 11th @ Vanderbilt
9-1 or 10-0

Nov. 18th @ Georgia
10-1 or 11-0

Nov. 25th vs. Louisville
11-1 or 12-0

UNIVERSITY OF KENTUCKY
2017 SEC EAST CHAMPIONS

Chester? John Short? Is that you?
Before the loss of Cole Mosher and Dorien Baker, I had the cats at 8 and 4. Here's how I have the schedule now:

@ Southern Miss - Win
vs EKU - Win
@ South Carolina - Win
vs Florida - Loss
vs Eastern Michigan - Win
vs Missouri - Win
@ Miss State - Loss
vs Tennessee - Win
vs Ole Miss - Win
@ Vanderbilt - Win
@ Georgia - Loss
vs Louisville - Loss
Bowl game - loss if the Cats move up for a bowl, win of they end up in something like the Birmingham bowl.
LWC Wrote:Chester? John Short? Is that you?

I've never been more complemented in my life..... :notworthy

But no, I'm neither.
However, I am a Conservative and a Great American.
1-0

2-0

3-0

Sept. 23rd vs. Florida
4-0

5-0

Oct. 7th vs. Missouri
6-0

6-1 or 7-0

Oct. 28th vs. Tennessee
7-1 or 8-0

Nov. 4th vs. Ole Miss
8-1 or 9-0

Nov. 11th @ Vanderbilt
9-1 or 10-0

Nov. 18th @ Georgia
10-1 or 11-0

Nov. 25th vs. Louisville
11-1 or 12-0

UNIVERSITY OF KENTUCKY
2017 SEC EAST CHAMPIONS

So far, I'm 3-1.

Southern Miss - :Thumbs:
EKU - :Thumbs:
South Carolina - :Thumbs:
Florida - :flush:

8 or 9 regular season wins are still very possible. Georgia is the only game I see as an L, hopefully I'm wrong, but they look tuff.

We are more than likely going to be 5-1 coming in to the bye week.
Miss. St., Ole Miss, Tennessee, Vandy, loserville. These five games are all very winnable.

Stoops & Co. need to work on covering WIDE OPEN WR's coming out of a timeout.
1-0

2-0

3-0

Sept. 23rd vs. Florida
4-0

5-0

Oct. 7th vs. Missouri
6-0

6-1 or 7-0

Oct. 28th vs. Tennessee
7-1 or 8-0

Nov. 4th vs. Ole Miss
8-1 or 9-0

Nov. 11th @ Vanderbilt
9-1 or 10-0

Nov. 18th @ Georgia
10-1 or 11-0

Nov. 25th vs. Louisville
11-1 or 12-0

UNIVERSITY OF KENTUCKY
2017 SEC EAST CHAMPIONS

Southern Miss: :Thumbs:

EKU: :Thumbs:

South Carolina: :Thumbs:

Florida: :flush:

Eastern Michigan: :Thumbs:

4-1, we are 4-1 after 5 weeks of play. It's not been pretty, but I will say UK teams in the past few years would be 0-5 or 1-4. This team is tough and not the same UK team we are used to seeing.
9 or 10 wins are still a very real possibility.

Of the remaining seven games, only one game looks out of reach as of now.... I see a very very possible six wins of the seven games.

Missouri looks terrible.

Miss. St. has their highs & their lows.

Tennessee is a dumpster fire, they are just about ready to come off the track.

Ole Miss doesn't look that good, plus they will be coming off of three of tough SEC games.

Vandy can be a win, we are better than they are... but have to play like it.

Georgia... let's all hope they over look us. Florida the week before & Georgia Tech the week after. They are looking very good.

Loserville doesn't look near as good as they did last year. Anything can happen in a rivalry game.
1-0

2-0

3-0

Sept. 23rd vs. Florida
4-0

5-0

Oct. 7th vs. Missouri
6-0

6-1 or 7-0

Oct. 28th vs. Tennessee
7-1 or 8-0

Nov. 4th vs. Ole Miss
8-1 or 9-0

Nov. 11th @ Vanderbilt
9-1 or 10-0

Nov. 18th @ Georgia
10-1 or 11-0

Nov. 25th vs. Louisville
11-1 or 12-0

UNIVERSITY OF KENTUCKY
2017 SEC EAST CHAMPIONS

Southern Miss. :Thumbs:

EKU: :Thumbs:

South Carolina: :Thumbs:

Florida: :flush:

Eastern Michigan: :Thumbs:

Missouri: :Thumbs:

5-1 is still 5-1.
As the old saying goes.... "That's so Kentucky football". Old Kentucky football doing 'so Kentucky football' things would have gotten beat tonight by Missouri.

It's not been pretty or easy to watch, but a special seasons for this team is still on the table and within reach.
The teams from Tennessee & Mississippi........ those four teams are what stands between UK playing for the SEC East championship when they go to Athens on 11/18.

Mississippi State & Ole Miss.... Tennessee & Vanderbilt. All four of these games are very winnable. Not too mention UK will be ranked the highest we've been in over forty years, will be going to the biggest named bowl game since we had somebody with an 'animal' nickname, having our best ever SEC record and the best overall record in forty years.

Georgia is undefeated and looking very good. All the more reason to think the UK game will be for the SEC East championship. Let's dream a little bit.... let's just say UK is 9-1 & Georgia is 10-0 going in to that game. Both teams will be ranked and this game will be for the SEC East championship. ESPN College Game Day will be there.... looking at the other SEC games that week, this will be the 3:30 CBS game.

Florida took an L vs. LSU an will probably take an L vs. Georgia in the World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party.

South Carolina already has two SEC losses and still have Georgia & Florida left on the schedule.

Tennessee is a dumpster fire. They may not make it through the season with their current head coach. Getting smashed @ Alabama the week before the UK game and getting beat @ Kroger Field will probably send Butch Jones to the unemployment line.

Missouri is eliminated from SEC East contention.

Vanderbilt is eliminated from SEC East contention.

Oh yeah, UK is beating Louisville as well. Like I said back in April... an 11-1 season is still on the table.
Pages: 1 2