Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry Central 61 Pikeville 46 Sweet 16 1st Round
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:And this is why you continue to make a fool of yourself! The Justice's got jobs and moved to Knott Co when Camron finished his 8th grade year! Please stop this non sense!!!

But in the spirit of this "homegrown" talk about kids from the same town they play for... It's the same principal.

We all know how Cam got to Hindman and there's nothing wrong with it.
Spud6 Wrote:All this transfer talk and being salty about it. Are you all mad just because they are from a different country or what? Because transfers are all over eastern Kentucky basketball and all around the state. It's a sad fact

Yes and State(Pennsylvania)!!! If their parents were living in Hazard, working and paying taxes, I would not have a problem at all!
Congrats on your season Pikeville. Don't be satisfied.
I'll start by saying I'm a lifelong Panther fan. I was extremely impressed with PCC yesterday. I'm not gonna say that will win it all but I think they have as good a shot as anybody left in the tourney. I hope they bring it back to the mountains, as everyone else should. As far as the whole transfer thing goes, get over it, is all I can say. Like another poster stated, if your team was the beneficiary of the talent, I'm sure it would be much more tolerable. It's been happening for ever and it will continue to happen. Build a program that draws talent instead of pushing out the door.
Don't pikeville have 3 transfers on there team? And they are the biggest reason they won their region
Most of the crying about transfers are people from LCC they are mad because they do it but it don't help them
Perry is a dangerous team with their size and shooters on the wing.
Congrats to both mountain schools.
bigcat95 Wrote:I'll start by saying I'm a lifelong Panther fan. I was extremely impressed with PCC yesterday. I'm not gonna say that will win it all but I think they have as good a shot as anybody left in the tourney. I hope they bring it back to the mountains, as everyone else should. As far as the whole transfer thing goes, get over it, is all I can say. Like another poster stated, if your team was the beneficiary of the talent, I'm sure it would be much more tolerable. It's been happening for ever and it will continue to happen. Build a program that draws talent instead of pushing out the door.

Thank you and I have always supported your football team. I was their number one fan in the playoffs and so were all our fans
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:Yes and State(Pennsylvania)!!! If their parents were living in Hazard, working and paying taxes, I would not have a problem at all!

So this isn't about them taking away playing time from kids from this area. It's about the fact that their families aren't around and paying their fair of taxes in Perry. Got it!
Spud6 Wrote:So this isn't about them taking away playing time from kids from this area. It's about the fact that their families aren't around and paying their fair of taxes in Perry. Got it!

That's it. Everyone was equally outraged last year when the two big kids were at JBS.

Remember all the threads and posters that started accounts out of nowhere that only complained about them?
zaga_fan Wrote:That's it. Everyone was equally outraged last year when the two big kids were at JBS.

Remember all the threads and posters that started accounts out of nowhere that only complained about them?

I just don't get that logic. But yeah I remember all those accounts popping up on the boards.
Spud6 Wrote:I just don't get that logic. But yeah I remember all those accounts popping up on the boards.

I was being facetious...
To my knowledge, the outcry here (or anywhere) when Prince and Iggy were at JBS was minimal to nonexistent.

It was only when they started beating teams that it was a problem.
Congratulations to Perry Central. Great season, Panthers.
Spud6 Wrote:So this isn't about them taking away playing time from kids from this area. It's about the fact that their families aren't around and paying their fair of taxes in Perry. Got it!

Yes its about that too!
zaga_fan Wrote:I was being facetious...
To my knowledge, the outcry here (or anywhere) when Prince and Iggy were at JBS was minimal to nonexistent.

It was only when they started beating teams that it was a problem.

Some people are just not smart enough to understand facetiousness Zaga!
The phone will be ringing soon.
hitter Wrote:Don't pikeville have 3 transfers on there team? And they are the biggest reason they won their region

They have 3 transfers and only 1 plays from what I have seen. The brown kid from valley never got off the bench in region. The Hamilton kid played maybe 5 minutes the entire region tournament. The Watkins kid starts but only had 4 points in the region championship. So I'm not sure where your getting your logic about how they are the reason that Pikeville won region.
PCC had a great season this year. After years of coming close, the ball finally bounced their way and they were able to make a run to Rupp. Good job by Coach Hoskins and his staff, as well as their players!
Congrats to Pikeville on a great run!

[Image: http://pm1.narvii.com/6282/ae2d18fc11132...edc_hq.jpg]
Great Season Pikeville.... I expect a repeat next year for you guys as you only lose a few seniors... So dont let me down and hopefully two moutain schools dont draw each other again.