Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th Region 2017/18
PCC will be in the semi-finals of the sweet 16 next year, just like they have been every year!! They are unstoppable!!
Qui-Gon Jinn Wrote:I would bet big money PCC will have plenty of out of state and foreign recruits coming in during the off-season... Oh, I mean kids only transferring on their own with no influences to get the best education available, not for basketball reasons.

talking about education at PCC. if they are looking for a good education, way would they pick PCC. because PCC rank in the 200's in the state in education.
FunFan Wrote:Several of PCC's 14th region championships have come with the help of guys not from Perry.

this is the only region PPC have won with transfers. all the other ones with Perry co. kids.
PCC should be in the hunt in the 14th, but unless they draw another EKY team, the 14th will get bounced in the 1st couple rounds year after year. Occasionally there will be a team that can compete with the city schools, but most often the teams from EKY just do.not match up. I saw the PCC team play couple times and while the players were extremely talented, they seemed a bit lost on the offensive side of the ball. Too much one on one.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:PCC should be in the hunt in the 14th, but unless they draw another EKY team, the 14th will get bounced in the 1st couple rounds year after year. Occasionally there will be a team that can compete with the city schools, but most often the teams from EKY just do.not match up. I saw the PCC team play couple times and while the players were extremely talented, they seemed a bit lost on the offensive side of the ball. Too much one on one.
A lot of the problem is a coaching problem, Coach Hoskins was a great player, but just doesn't have the experience to make changes during a game that needs to be done. Losing Coach Fugate off the bench really hurt the Commodores and they will never be able to replace him.
Perry lost a lot and will struggle next year with what they have coming back
Did you play for Coach Fugate MHG? Wasnt he on the bench last year with Shannon? You ever just think Scott High was just the better team? I mean heck, they only lost to Bowling Green by 1.
Paparazzi Wrote:Both of them gave several transfers. Bowling Greens leading scorer is from Tennessee

He was the second leading scorer. He's actually the number one ranked 8th grader in the nation. But he was the only transfer. Don't be surprised if he's at Adair County next year though.
I went to Perry County Central and would put the education I received there up against any one of the geniuses on this board complaining about it.

Tony Melton was a better math teacher than anyone I had in college, my music teacher Byron Turner ended up being a college professor at UK and I can go on and on.

Another poster brought up the fact that Perry has drastically improved their numbers over the years before Cry Gone Jinn decided to get the thread closed.

The JBS kids said they offered classes they needed at Perry and Jaysean Paige utilized the credit recovery program because he was evidently in bad shape academically before going into the school.

I can also tell you that Perry has a lady that goes out of her way to make sure athletes get the classes and grades needed to get scholarships and be ready for college.

No one has claimed that Perry Central is some magnet school where every kid aces every standardized test, but to act like Perry Central is a poor school is simply false and has to be spoken from people that have no idea what they are talking about or have an axe to grind against the administration.
coalminer Wrote:Take the reins off?

He should have been the first option this year and will be next year
BallerFromTheHoller Wrote:He should have been the first option this year and will be next year

I think , combs was a pretty good first option, he proved that in the finals. they should have a well balanced team next year with Caudill leading the way, he shouldn't have to do it all on his own that's for sure.
BallerFromTheHoller Wrote:He should have been the first option this year and will be next year
That's been the problem with Knott since BB has been coaching.Its all about 1 or 2 players.. this is a Team sport. This is Basketball .Not !Tennis or Ping pong. When tournament rolls around you can take all of those selfish stats and throw them in the trash. If you gonna win in tournaments you gotta play team ball .You think they would figure it out by now . Good luck KCC
Really we are going to get on here and question Bb's coaching abilities???? You tell me a coach in the state of Kentucky that wouldn't base his offense around Cam Justice & Evan Hall. Which if I remember correctly that worked out ok for him.
postman Wrote:That's been the problem with Knott since BB has been coaching.Its all about 1 or 2 players.. this is a Team sport. This is Basketball .Not !Tennis or Ping pong. When tournament rolls around you can take all of those selfish stats and throw them in the trash. If you gonna win in tournaments you gotta play team ball .You think they would figure it out by now . Good luck KCC

Agree 100%
They don't have a Mr basketball candidate anymore. They could have a very good team if they would play as a team, and allow others to score. A lot tougher to guard when you have and use other options
Reds#1Fan Wrote:Really we are going to get on here and question Bb's coaching abilities???? You tell me a coach in the state of Kentucky that wouldn't base his offense around Cam Justice & Evan Hall. Which if I remember correctly that worked out ok for him.
That was a different team with 2 d1 players. No argument there, it's what's happened after
zaga_fan Wrote:I went to Perry County Central and would put the education I received there up against any one of the geniuses on this board complaining about it.

Tony Melton was a better math teacher than anyone I had in college, my music teacher Byron Turner ended up being a college professor at UK and I can go on and on.

Another poster brought up the fact that Perry has drastically improved their numbers over the years before Cry Gone Jinn decided to get the thread closed.

The JBS kids said they offered classes they needed at Perry and Jaysean Paige utilized the credit recovery program because he was evidently in bad shape academically before going into the school.

I can also tell you that Perry has a lady that goes out of her way to make sure athletes get the classes and grades needed to get scholarships and be ready for college.

No one has claimed that Perry Central is some magnet school where every kid aces every standardized test, but to act like Perry Central is a poor school is simply false and has to be spoken from people that have no idea what they are talking about or have an axe to grind against the administration.

AMEN, Perry takes a lot of untrue crap from jealous people who i think are just trying to promote their school. Perry a good school
I heard coach Holland is leaving Hazard. I only heard this one time and it was a little surprising so I don't think it's true just wondering if anyone else had heard this?
And I don't know how to predict the 14th next year I think it really might as open as it ever has been. This year everyone knew Perry and maybe Knott could pull an upset. But next year we could have maybe 8 teams that all have a shot.
To be able to win down state and be from Eastern Ky you have to recruit. Do I like it NO. But to beat the other teams like Ballard Trinity BG and Scott County you have to have a big man and a good point guard. Next year wil be another weak year in the Region. Cordia only looses 1 and you dont know who going to show up or leave. Wolfe returns 4 starters. Estill returns 4 starters. Hazard will be very much improved. Knott County will be there cant count them out. Perry got all the bench players back and the back kid + who ever show up in the summer or fall. It will be interesting.
coalminer Wrote:That was a different team with 2 d1 players. No argument there, it's what's happened after

Knott had 5 players score over two hundred points this year, I'd say that is spreading it around pretty good!
zaga_fan Wrote:I went to Perry County Central and would put the education I received there up against any one of the geniuses on this board complaining about it.

So there was no school in the state of New York that offered credit recovery? PCC was the only school he could transfer to and "utilize" this program? They also moved up the whole semester just to get him eligible to play. PCC recruits these players for one purpose, and that is to win ball games.
Qui, you got problems man. Who is your team by the way or do you have the guts to tell us. I try to communicate with you on here but you just seem like a whiny little b-----!
Paparazzi Wrote:Qui, you got problems man. Who is your team by the way or do you have the guts to tell us. I try to communicate with you on here but you just seem like a whiny little b-----!

I don't have a team paparazzi, I am just anti recruiting. If PCC does not bring in any recruits next season, I will support them. They will a very good team made up of local kids. But as long as they keep bringing in these recruits for "educational" purposes, I will be against them.
The 14th next year will be competitive and fun to watch as always. I would say Estill will be the front runner with KCC not far behind. Leslie may be a dark horse as well from what I have heard from different coaches.
I wish nothing but the best for all the athletes in EKY. I also expect a higher standard of behavior by the athletes and the adults that play a role in their lives. It is.Important to remember that just because something is legal, it does not mean it is ethical. Most teams in almost all sports have one or two players that should be playing somewhere else, whether it be one county over or one State over or both in some cases....Hehe.....I will be moving away from Ky. in May and wish all of you on this site the best. I will look in from time to time and sincerely hope I see talk about the plays on the court/field and not the off the field/court stuff. While I acknowledge the good in bringing some things to light there is a time and place to do it. I think attacking the kids is the wrong way to handle things, deal with the adults
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Hazard will be a team to watch. I believe they was young this year.
if Qui is so dead set against so-called recruits why does he not talk about the kids hazard brings in every year.
Mountain Wrote:Hazard will be a team to watch. I believe they was young this year.
not to mention the 6'11" and the 6'8" kids that just moved in from Nigeria that are now with a family in town. Not a rumor, seen them with my own eyes.

i went to PCC, I played sport at PCC also. the 2 year I was there, my GPA was a 4.0. my the two year I was there I miss over 100 days of school, and the days I was in school I was in the Gym all day. don't tell me all that stuff about PCC I know how it is there. if I didn't go there do you think I would every say anything about that school. and the ranked I was talking about, it is somewhere on the computer. you can look them up for yourself.
mountain hoops guru Wrote:not to mention the 6'11" and the 6'8" kids that just moved in from Nigeria that are now with a family in town. Not a rumor, seen them with my own eyes.

Here we go again
mountain hoops guru Wrote:not to mention the 6'11" and the 6'8" kids that just moved in from Nigeria that are now with a family in town. Not a rumor, seen them with my own eyes.

does one of them live with his aunt. if so he was here over the summer, I talk to him at the fish fry down town over the 4th last year. that boy was 6'5 or taller.