Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th Region 2017/18
With Perry Central winning the region this season, what's next season look like?

Estill County, Wolfe County both return just about all of their team from this season.

Knott County Central loses Combs but returns several key players from this season's team.

Perry Central, Powell County, Cordia, Breathitt County lose several key players.

Also hearing that their could be several big coaching changes made among the 14th this offseason....
With the coaching changes that are rumored to take place and the inevitable student-athlete transfers that will no doubt happen, the 14th region is a tricky one to predict. We'll have to see what this summer holds.
Lets hear some of the rumors. Who could be going where? And who could be leaving?
No need in making any predictions until the season begins or even later. No one will know anyone's full roster until the season starts. Returning players have little bearing on it. It's who's not there now that will be.
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:No need in making any predictions until the season begins or even later. No one will know anyone's full roster until the season starts. Returning players have little bearing on it. It's who's not there now that will be.

Sadly this statement appears to be true - however, if you were going by who has what returning, I would say the preseason top teams would be 1) Estill 2) Wolfe 3) Knott ; but, who knows what kids will show up on which rosters.
I would bet big money PCC will have plenty of out of state and foreign recruits coming in during the off-season... Oh, I mean kids only transferring on their own with no influences to get the best education available, not for basketball reasons.
Several of PCC's 14th region championships have come with the help of guys not from Perry.
No chance of having a thread about anything it always comes back to the sos. I would love to hear some comments about players and coaches for next season, and what teams will be good. But I'm sick of this PCC bashing
Strikeout King Wrote:With Perry Central winning the region this season, what's next season look like?

Estill County, Wolfe County both return just about all of their team from this season.

Knott County Central loses Combs but returns several key players from this season's team.

Perry Central, Powell County, Cordia, Breathitt County lose several key players.

Also hearing that their could be several big coaching changes made among the 14th this offseason....
Cordia only looses 1 player Malik Henry they played a really tough schedule last year and they should be in the thick of things.
Knott County Central returns 2 starters. Isaac Caudill and Cameron Jones. Others that saw playing time include the Couch twins and Hofess. They do have a talented young group of Freshmen coming in.
I like this post but you never know who or what will happen between now and the fall. Perry only won 1 regional championship with kids that was not from Perry County and it is this year if im correct. How many transfer does BG have? How many Scott County have?
alc88 Wrote:Knott County Central returns 2 starters. Isaac Caudill and Cameron Jones. Others that saw playing time include the Couch twins and Hofess. They do have a talented young group of Freshmen coming in.
Jones and Caudill are a good core to build on. Caudill is a very good player and I think next year will be his year
hoghead Wrote:I like this post but you never know who or what will happen between now and the fall. Perry only won 1 regional championship with kids that was not from Perry County and it is this year if im correct. How many transfer does BG have? How many Scott County have?
Both of them gave several transfers. Bowling Greens leading scorer is from Tennessee
Perry, Knott, and Hazard.
For some reason you guys think PCC won't be a factor next season. You are dillusional. Their second five could have won the region this year. They return Caudill, Cornett, Woolum, Neace , Back and Turner. They will win the region next year.
Big Hammer Wrote:No chance of having a thread about anything it always comes back to the sos. I would love to hear some comments about players and coaches for next season, and what teams will be good. But I'm sick of this PCC bashing

Haven't you figured it out hammer that certain people on here down certain schools and kids. The jealousy is eating them alive lol
Knott will be the favorite next year
As is stands today, with teams losing players, Estill has to be considered the "favorite." Now things will change and people will get their transfers, which Iam not against btw, your team would take them if they could get them, so don't bash PCC or KCC or any other school for winning with them because we all know that if Tobler wanted to come to your school you would take him. I am an Estill fan and I would have welcomed him with open arms. But as of today, Estill has to be on the top of the list. I'm certain this will change with the transfers coming in though!
jumpshooter Wrote:As is stands today, with teams losing players, Estill has to be considered the "favorite." Now things will change and people will get their transfers, which Iam not against btw, your team would take them if they could get them, so don't bash PCC or KCC or any other school for winning with them because we all know that if Tobler wanted to come to your school you would take him. I am an Estill fan and I would have welcomed him with open arms. But as of today, Estill has to be on the top of the list. I'm certain this will change with the transfers coming in though!

Would have been alright with you if he had lived with your coach?
BallerFromTheHoller Wrote:Knott will be the favorite next year

I think Caudill will be one of if not the best player in the region next year. He has game they just need to take the reins off
Big Hammer Wrote:I think Caudill will be one of if not the best player in the region next year. He has game they just need to take the reins off

Take the reins off?
If Cordia only loses Henry they look like the favorite. Then Estill, PCC, Wolfe and Knott.
Paparazzi Wrote:If Cordia only loses Henry they look like the favorite. Then Estill, PCC, Wolfe and Knott.

You go from "They will win the region next year" to them being 3rd behind Cordia and Estill. Which is it?
Cordia lost Ramon Mercado from last season as well. He was not with the team the last month of the season and they took him off of their Roster. But you never know with Cordia what will happen. But if he doesn't return they will have lost 2 of their 3 leading scorers and their best playmaker.

With this region its hard to predict who will be what. Because you never know what team will bring in what player. But with what we know right now and who has what returning. I would go with
Estill
Wolfe
Knott
Perry
Cordia

In no certain order. All depends on who brings in what and I know this is an old concept but "who actually develops their kids the next 8 months"

As far as player of the year in the Region. I think this will be a 3 player race between.
Caleb Bonny Estill
Deven Stone Wolfe
Issac Caudill Knott

These are the 3 most proven kids on teams that should be in the top 4 or 5 all season long. All 3 have over 1500 points and will end their careers with well over 2000 points in their careers.
hoghead Wrote:I like this post but you never know who or what will happen between now and the fall. Perry only won 1 regional championship with kids that was not from Perry County and it is this year if im correct. How many transfer does BG have? How many Scott County have?

Scott County team that's playing in the sweet 16 has no transfers. All the younger ones have been playing since grade school together and the seniors like Cooper Watts were the only ones left out of their crew that stayed with basketball. None are transfers. As far as BG I think the 8th grader is from TN that is like 16. Same age as Tobler and the bigs will be his senior year. Well the bigs from Nigera are probably older who knows the truth about their birth certificate since it has the same birthday for each one lol😂😂😂
Paparazzi Wrote:For some reason you guys think PCC won't be a factor next season. You are dillusional. Their second five could have won the region this year. They return Caudill, Cornett, Woolum, Neace , Back and Turner. They will win the region next year.

Back is transferring to GRC. His dad is getting him out because they even know there is not a chance lol
PCC barley made it through regions with Tobler and the big boys they sure won't make it next year. Estill and Wolfe will be big threats next year
To pick the 14th would be impossible. The region has been bought for years. Which team will buy it next year ? Like I said impossible.
Tobler just turned 18 and has never been held back. Haters
BallerFromTheHoller Wrote:Haven't you figured it out hammer that certain people on here down certain schools and kids. The jealousy is eating them alive lol

Jealous of what? Being a failure of a program or being the laughing stock of the state??