Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The October Surprise
Hoot Gibson Wrote:For a non-voter, you spend entirely too much time worrying how I am voting.

I confidently predicted that Trump would be an extremely weak general election candidate before the Wikileaks email releases and before the latest Comey announcement. At this time, Trump still trails Hillary Clinton by a wide margin in projected electoral college votes. Imagine how badly he would be trailing if not for the accused rapist Julian Assange.

It is sad that the Republican nominee is so weak that his fate rests in the hands of a fugitive from justice who is hiding in an Ecuadoran embassy.

How can a Republican candidate trail a criminal like Hillary Clinton in such an important campaign this late in the race? Who would have thought that was possible?

No what I saw was at the two minute warning and went more like this, "I expect that Trump will lose by a wide margin and then blame everybody but himself for the loss and I expect his core supporters to follow suit." "Trump needs a miracle to overcome his disastrous campaign and win." ...Oct 28, 2016
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:No what I saw was at the two minute warning and went more like this, "I expect that Trump will lose by a wide margin and then blame everybody but himself for the loss and I expect his core supporters to follow suit." "Trump needs a miracle to overcome his disastrous campaign and win." ...Oct 28, 2016
Did you foresee Comey re-opening the investigation into Hillary's email negligence? If so, somebody should be paying you for your brilliant analysis. I see the latest development as the miracle that Trump needed, which might or might not be enough for Trump to finally take the lead in national polls.

Let me ask you, TRT, having watched Trump's campaign since he won the nomination, do you believe that he has been a strong candidate, and can you be honest enough to admit that no Republican has ever run against a weaker Democratic candidate? Do you think that he has run a smart campaign?

Trump was dealt a royal flush when Hillary Clinton won the nomination and he is still struggling to win the pot.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Did you foresee Comey re-opening the investigation into Hillary's email negligence? If so, somebody should be paying you for your brilliant analysis. I see the latest development as the miracle that Trump needed, which might or might not be enough for Trump to finally take the lead in national polls.

Let me ask you, TRT, having watched Trump's campaign since he won the nomination, do you believe that he has been a strong candidate, and can you be honest enough to admit that no Republican has ever run against a weaker Democratic candidate? Do you think that he has run a smart campaign?

Trump was dealt a royal flush when Hillary Clinton won the nomination and he is still struggling to win the pot.

Did I foresee Comey reopening the investigation? Nope, I just know the future must unfold before we can really say we know what it holds. I also know the polls and the election reporting have been a long way from factual. I did however foresee the possible affect Julian Assange might have on the election, which despite the lack of media coverage has proven to be profound.

Trump though a flawed candidate, has at least addressed the people's concerns, while the establishment could not in recent decades be troubled to admit those concerns even exist. I like his platform but past that, everybody including you thought voters were a boxed up commodity that politicians could take for granted. Wrong, it would seem they cannot be taken for granted as Trump became the nominee and looks poised to make this thing real.

I have made no secret that I have not liked the way Trump has handled his campaign. Frankly for example, I have not liked the way he has handled the allegations of tax dodging that have been going on. If I'd been Mr Trump, I would have responded something like as follows: I, like everybody else in this nation, am governed by the laws of the land. Part of those laws are tax laws to which I adhere strictly as oft occurring audits have revealed. And since I [I][SIZE="3"]am being continually audited, that should be proof enough that I have followed the law to the letter. In short it would seem in this matter, that I am being criticized for following the law. [/SIZE][/I]

None the less it is as I said, even if Trump had been wearing Elisha's mantle the media would have been just as vicious with their coverage of his candidacy. Everybody who is at all objective agrees Hillary has gotten a pass and Trump's mole hills have been exaggerated beyond belief. Trump may have been dealt a Royal flush but as we have seen, when one is forced to play against the house and the other players, things can get a lot more dicey.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]