Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The October Surprise
:popcorn:
#fail
Everything in this life does not fall under the rules of political selectivity. It is truly unnerving to see so many people ignore the events of reality, preferring instead to act as if investigations and revelations are therefore politically driven and meaningless. Allowing one of two political parties to tell one what to think would be an incredibly detached state of existence if you ask me. Nonetheless, that is the state of affairs in this country as those who depend on government for their existence are quite content to take the Dem's word for anything at all. On the contrary, for this nation to survive it is 'the people' who must hold the parties accountable, along with the government itself. As I have said many times, the cart is before the horse. The October Surprise promised by Julian Assange was cancelled due to security concerns, read the headline.

Reports have it that there may have been an assassination attempt on Assange three weeks ago. We didn't see much about it in the news however. It seems that Assange has not left the friendly confines of the London based Ecuadorian Embassy since 2012. English intelligence is supposed to have him under surveillance 24/7, and should he step foot outside the embassy they'll have him. That would seem to be quite an investment in personnel and money for the British Government. At any rate, though said embassy is a mere two minute walk from police headquarters it took over two hours for them to respond to the embassy after the call for help was placed. The Ecuadorian security team assigned to the embassy is supposed to have a man in custody who scaled the wall in the middle of the night.

Who knows what really happened? However, Assange was the one who brought the taxpayer news of the DNC hack and the revelations about the pro Hillary shenanigans in that case. The October Surprise is still to come promises Assange, so we'll see.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reports have it....the alt right has come main stream. You guys are about looney.
They've been saying ObamaCare might just wind up being the October surprise. When subscribers open their premium notices Nov 1st they will see a 25% on average increase. But many will see increases of more than 100%. http://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik/...story.html

On a side note, did anybody else catch Newt Gingrich on Megyn Kelly's show last night? It did me a lot of good to see that somebody finally laid into her for continually pounding away at Trump with unproven sexual innuendo and bias. Remember, it was she who started Trump's campaign off with a litany of unflattering things he had said of certain women in his life. That was in the first Republican debate on August 6, 2015 and little Megyn has made a career of bashing him on feminist grounds since that night.

Gingrich said he was sick and tired of her continual obsession with painting Trump to be a "sexual predator." Bravo!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Yes, it's a shame that Fox News Channel celebrities are not 100 percent supportive of everything Trump says and does. A darn shame. They should show Megyn Kelly the door and give her slot to Judge Jeanine.
Newt didn't bother to check with either of us before he landed on Megyn for calling Trump a sexual predator. The claims of at least two of the so-called assaulted were debunked within hours and it's likely more will turn out similarly. Being so perfect yourselves, I know you two share a desire to, assumedly for different axes to grind, see Trump humiliated in the manner of which you feel he deserves. But a pretty notable statesman and past Speaker of the House in the person of Newt Gingrich doesn't agree with any of this and had the courage to say as much, calling her out for her Jerry Springer style sensationalism.

And here's another one for you Hoot. If you're right about many of the charges you have made against Trump on here, do you really think men like Gingrich would support him? Trump is admittedly a product of our present culture, but he gives every indication that he's truly moderated to the right.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Trump is an f'n idiot!
^
What does that make Hillary?
TheRealThing Wrote:Newt didn't bother to check with either of us before he landed on Megyn for calling Trump a sexual predator. The claims of at least two of the so-called assaulted were debunked within hours and it's likely more will turn out similarly. Being so perfect yourselves, I know you two share a desire to, assumedly for different axes to grind, see Trump humiliated in the manner of which you feel he deserves. But a pretty notable statesman and past Speaker of the House in the person of Newt Gingrich doesn't agree with any of this and had the courage to say as much, calling her out for her Jerry Springer style sensationalism.

And here's another one for you Hoot. If you're right about many of the charges you have made against Trump on here, do you really think men like Gingrich would support him? Trump is admittedly a product of our present culture, but he gives every indication that he's truly moderated to the right.
I tune into a news channel to get news - not to be told who I should vote for and who I should vote against.

Donald Trump owes his nomination to the hundreds of millions of dollars of free, positive publicity the the Fox News Channel provided to him - and you complain about the (very) few negative segments that the channel airs? :biglmao:

Among some circles, it seems that all one must do to qualify as a paragon of virtue and fount of wisdom is to endorse Donald Trump. Trump and Gingrich have much in common. Neither one is honest and trustworthy. Just ask their former wives and mistresses.

The biggest difference in Newt and Trump is that Newt really was a conservative for most of his life. He lost my respect when he joined Pelosi in calling for action to fight "climate change."

Newt was a great man, who did great things when he was in the House of Representatives. He changed. I didn't. I am still a reliable conservative.

[YOUTUBE="Newt and Nancy, getting cozy"]qi6n_-wB154[/YOUTUBE]
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I tune into a news channel to get news - not to be told who I should vote for and who I should vote against.

Donald Trump owes his nomination to the hundreds of millions of dollars of free, positive publicity the the Fox News Channel provided to him - and you complain about the (very) few negative segments that the channel airs? :biglmao:

Among some circles, it seems that all one must do to qualify as a paragon of virtue and fount of wisdom is to endorse Donald Trump. Trump and Gingrich have much in common. Neither one is honest and trustworthy. Just ask their former wives and mistresses.

The biggest difference in Newt and Trump is that Newt really was a conservative for most of his life. He lost my respect when he joined Pelosi in calling for action to fight "climate change."

Newt was a great man, who did great things when he was in the House of Representatives. He changed. I didn't. I am still a reliable conservative.

[YOUTUBE="Newt and Nancy, getting cozy"]qi6n_-wB154[/YOUTUBE]

Oh please. We just went through being subjected to your opinion as to why Donald Trump could not have changed his stripe during his fifties, which of course is balderdash, and now you're saying with equal certainty that Newt supposedly went through a reverse transformation which occurred after he was older that Trump.

Who knows why Newt bought into global warming, I know I don't and frankly, from some of your posts I thought you bought it too. That doesn't mean I disagree with you on everything, however on Donald Trump, global warming and legalizing drugs we are at odds. Newt remains cognizant enough to make a rational judgment on the vast majority of the things on which he has opined, and that certainly includes the vacuous Megyn Kelly.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Oh please. We just went through being subjected to your opinion as to why Donald Trump could not have changed his stripe during his fifties, which of course is balderdash, and now you're saying with equal certainty that Newt supposedly went through a reverse transformation which occurred after he was older that Trump.

Who knows why Newt bought into global warming, I know I don't and frankly, from some of your posts I thought you bought it too. That doesn't mean I disagree with you on everything, however on Donald Trump, global warming and legalizing drugs we are at odds. Newt remains cognizant enough to make a rational judgment on the vast majority of the things on which he has opined, and that certainly includes the vacuous Megyn Kelly.
One would think that by now, there would be no debate as to whether Donald Trump is a very weak candidate. His character issues, which were obvious for many years before he decided to play presidential candidate, have prevented him from drawing sharp distinctions with Hillary Clinton in that area. Any of the other 16 Republican candidates could have drawn that distinction without breaking a sweat.

Fox News was Donald Trump's defacto campaign communications staff. That worked out well for him as a primary candidate but no amount of paid advertising would have made him a palatable general election candidate. We have two major candidates who would likely make terrible presidents. Thank Lou Dobbs. Thank Fox News. Thank you.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:One would think that by now, there would be no debate as to whether Donald Trump is a very weak candidate. His character issues, which were obvious for many years before he decided to play presidential candidate, have prevented him from drawing sharp distinctions with Hillary Clinton in that area. Any of the other 16 Republican candidates could have drawn that distinction without breaking a sweat.

Fox News was Donald Trump's defacto campaign communications staff. That worked out well for him as a primary candidate but no amount of paid advertising would have made him a palatable general election candidate. We have two major candidates who would likely make terrible presidents. Thank Lou Dobbs. Thank Fox News. Thank you.

Oh there's no need to thank me Hoot, I'm just a guy sharing the observations afforded one who lived through the golden years of American history. But likewise, one would think by now most of the electorate would have realized that we through the established elective process, have our two nominees. Additionally I suppose, would be the debate to establish which one is the best choice for America. Anything else might read like the post quoted above.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Oh there's no need to thank me Hoot, I'm just a guy sharing the observations afforded one who lived through the golden years of American history. But likewise, one would think by now most of the electorate would have realized that we through the established elective process, have our two nominees. Additionally I suppose, would be the debate to establish which one is the best choice for America. Anything else might read like the post above.
Thanks to Trump and his supporters, Georgia and Arizona have become battleground states and Hillary Clinton is within striking distance in Texas. I realize that we have our nominees and I realize who I have to thank for this debacle of a campaign.

While we debate the relative virtues and vices between a criminal nominee and a reality TV character playing a Republican, Russia and China are busy preparing for World War III.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Thanks to Trump and his supporters, Georgia and Arizona have become battleground states and Hillary Clinton is within striking distance in Texas. I realize that we have our nominees and I realize who I have to thank for this debacle of a campaign.

While we debate the relative virtues and vices between a criminal nominee and a reality TV character playing a Republican, Russia and China are busy preparing for World War III.

Oh if only every one of those 15 or so million would have just listened to you.

We have the establishment to thank for our two nominees. Hillary's, in no small part due to even more Dem shenanigans, was nothing short of an establishment coronation and Trump's was nothing short of a voter rejection of the establishment. Who BTW, have ignored the wishes and concerns of their constituencies for the past two decades. In fact, though you've been on his case, the last time the voter felt the mission and intent of their elected officials in the Congress was all about them was during the days of Newt Gingrich's Contract with America, that would have been in 1994 I believe.

But I'm glad to see you're starting to get concerned about the coming war. I have no doubt that I have posted in reference to it hundreds of times on here going back to the days when Vundy33 used to post on the forum. Obama was the one who broke down our defense strategy. First in canceling deployment of the strategic missile defense system promised to Poland. Then in general, long time allies of the US have gotten a sharp stick in the eye while our sworn enemies have been bribed and appeased. We just walked off and left American military strongholds in the middle east as if a King just rode out of his domain one day without explanation never to return. Our forces overall have been decimated, and this administration is too chicken to use what is left. The result of which has been the very disaster which ultimately has put the major players in position to bring war to our doorstep. And BTW, the fact that we get more information about the workings of government in this land from sources like WikiLeaks should terrify us all. That means basically in many cases we have no secrets to protect anymore.

In both cases it will been the voter that installed the Obama Administration and the one to come. Ben Franklin warned us about it when he said the voter would one day learn he could vote himself money, (entitlements for votes) and the coming of that day would herald the end of the Republic. Since we are a self governing people, the survival of this nation has always been a matter of personal integrity. In short, we as a people face enemies so dangerous we cannot even conceive the level of that danger IMHO. Generals try to lay it between the lines on the talk shows and still, it all goes right over most people's head.

Trump has promised to try to bring our lacking military back up to speed. But is it already too late?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Oh if only every one of those 15 or so million would have just listened to you.

We have the establishment to thank for our two nominees. Hillary's, in no small part due to even more Dem shenanigans, was nothing short of an establishment coronation and Trump's was nothing short of a voter rejection of the establishment. Who BTW, have ignored the wishes and concerns of their constituencies for the past two decades. In fact, though you've been on his case, the last time the voter felt the mission and intent of their elected officials in the Congress was all about them was during the days of Newt Gingrich's Contract with America, that would have been in 1994 I believe.

But I'm glad to see you're starting to get concerned about the coming war. I have no doubt that I have posted in reference to it hundreds of times on here going back to the days when Vundy33 used to post on the forum. Obama was the one who broke down our defense strategy. First in canceling deployment of the strategic missile defense system promised to Poland. Then in general, long time allies of the US have gotten a sharp stick in the eye while our sworn enemies have been bribed and appeased. We just walked off and left American military strongholds in the middle east as if a King just rode out of his domain one day without explanation never to return. Our forces overall have been decimated, and this administration is too chicken to use what is left. The result of which has been the very disaster which ultimately has put the major players in position to bring war to our doorstep. And BTW, the fact that we get more information about the workings of government in this land from sources like WikiLeaks should terrify us all. That means basically in many cases we have no secrets to protect anymore.

In both cases it will been the voter that installed the Obama Administration and the one to come. Ben Franklin warned us about it when he said the voter would one day learn he could vote himself money, (entitlements for votes) and the coming of that day would herald the end of the Republic. Since we are a self governing people, the survival of this nation has always been a matter of personal integrity. In short, we as a people face enemies so dangerous we cannot even conceive the level of that danger IMHO. Generals try to lay it between the lines on the talk shows and still, it all goes right over most people's head.

Trump has promised to try to bring our lacking military back up to speed. But is it already too late?
The Republican establishment is to blame for nominating a know-nothing candidate such as Trump but not for the reasons you seem to believe. The GOP tried and failed to rig the primaries for Jeb Bush and Trump was the beneficiary of a process that was designed to stop Ted Cruz. The timing and location of open primaries and winner take all states was optimal for a moderate candidate. If Hillary could have hand picked her opponent, Trump would have been on a very short list, along with Pataki and Gilmore.

The next four years are on the Trump primary voters and those Republicans who failed to vote in the primaries. With all of the strong conservative Republican candidates, Trump was a ludicrous nominee choice. Still, had he run a halfway intelligent campaign, he might have eeked out a win in November, but his campaign has consisted of one blunder after another.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:The Republican establishment is to blame for nominating a know-nothing candidate such as Trump but not for the reasons you seem to believe. The GOP tried and failed to rig the primaries for Jeb Bush and Trump was the beneficiary of a process that was designed to stop Ted Cruz. The timing and location of open primaries and winner take all states was optimal for a moderate candidate. If Hillary could have hand picked her opponent, Trump would have been on a very short list, along with Pataki and Gilmore.

The next four years are on the Trump primary voters and those Republicans who failed to vote in the primaries. With all of the strong conservative Republican candidates, Trump was a ludicrous nominee choice. Still, had he run a halfway intelligent campaign, he might have eeked out a win in November, but his campaign has consisted of one blunder after another.

There is one little problem with your rationale, the voter got involved unlike any primary season in modern history setting primary voting records for a Republican nominee. Nobody could have predicted the events that we have seen, though many hoped the electorate would wake up before it was too late. There has not been a Presidential candidate in my lifetime that overflow crowds were a guarantee at every single rally. The establishment didn't like Cruz and they didn't take Trump seriously, I got that. But your explanation fails to take many factors into consideration. The crossover voter registration in every last blue state and record numbers of first time voters for example. The dynamic is quite a bit more profound than the GOP trying to stop Ted Cruz. He lost BTW, a long time ago.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:There is one little problem with your rationale, the voter got involved unlike any primary season in modern history setting primary voting records for a Republican nominee. Nobody could have predicted the events that we have seen, though many hoped the electorate would wake up before it was too late. There has not been a Presidential candidate in my lifetime that overflow crowds were a guarantee at every single rally. The establishment didn't like Cruz and they didn't take Trump seriously, I got that. But your explanation fails to take many factors into consideration. The crossover voter registration in every last blue state and record numbers of first time voters for example. The dynamic is quite a bit more profound than the GOP trying to stop Ted Cruz. He lost BTW, a long time ago.
You have a point about voter turnout, but you only told half the story. A record number of primary voters cast ballots for Trump, although many of them were Democrats who will be voting against him in November. He also set a record for having the most Republicans vote against him in the primaries and he received well under half of the vote cast in the primaries.

Democrats got the candidate that they wanted as nominee and they got the opponent that they dreamed of in Trump. The GOP establishment designed the nomination process to split the conservative vote. In the end, Donald Trump was the choice of the GOP establishment, as evidenced by the efforts on his behalf by the GOP's news network, Fox News Channel. Hopefully, when the election is over, Fox will resume reporting the news instead of devoting so much air time to making the news with its biased GOPe cheerleading.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:You have a point about voter turnout, but you only told half the story. A record number of primary voters cast ballots for Trump, although many of them were Democrats who will be voting against him in November. He also set a record for having the most Republicans vote against him in the primaries and he received well under half of the vote cast in the primaries.

Democrats got the candidate that they wanted as nominee and they got the opponent that they dreamed of in Trump. The GOP establishment designed the nomination process to split the conservative vote. In the end, Donald Trump was the choice of the GOP establishment, as evidenced by the efforts on his behalf by the GOP's news network, Fox News Channel. Hopefully, when the election is over, Fox will resume reporting the news instead of devoting so much air time to making the news with its biased GOPe cheerleading.

The last time there was any sort of a contested primary was when Reagan ran. Other than 1980 and 2016 Republican primaries have been mere formalities and the conventions have been more of a party than a serious political process. You started off saying Trump was a stalking horse, later you claimed his nomination was due to Dems who wanted to stick the GOP with a bad candidate. This deal with saying those who voted for other candidates were voting against Trump sounds more like liberal spin than honest analysis. At any rate, it is an attempt by you and others to frame the Trump nomination as illegitimate which I believe to be demonstrably false.

Here we are less than two weeks out and you're still beating the Ted Cruz drum and alleging all sorts of clandestine subterfuge against his candidacy. Have you thought about voting paper ballot so that you could mark through Trump's name and pencil in Ted Cruz's?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:The last time there was any sort of a contested primary was when Reagan ran. Other than 1980 and 2016 Republican primaries have been mere formalities and the conventions have been more of a party than a serious political process. You started off saying Trump was a stalking horse, later you claimed his nomination was due to Dems who wanted to stick the GOP with a bad candidate. This deal with saying those who voted for other candidates were voting against Trump sounds more like liberal spin than honest analysis. At any rate, it is an attempt by you and others to frame the Trump nomination as illegitimate which I believe to be demonstrably false.

Here we are less than two weeks out and you're still beating the Ted Cruz drum and alleging all sorts of clandestine subterfuge against his candidacy. Have you thought about voting paper ballot so that you could mark through Trump's name and pencil in Ted Cruz's?
Trump's nomination was not illegitimate. It was just plain stupid and it was helped along by the RNC miscalculating how bad a candidate that their hand picked favorite, Jeb Bush, really was. The GOPe never intended to nominate Trump, but they also never intended to give the conservative candidates a fair shot at the nomination.

Trump stands no chance of winning here in Virginia. My vote will not matter. Trump may need your vote to carry Kentucky. Be sure to show up and vote on November 8. (That is a Tuesday.)
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/10/...l-use.html

Could this make a difference? Hmmmmm....probably not.

By the way CNN, CBS and even CNBC reporting this. Fox just happened to be the last news place I visited.
Do I understand it correctly???

Hillary's emails were found in an investigation of Anthony Weiner's sexting??

You can't script this!!!

Confusednicker:
If the country elects HRC with an open FBI investigation ongoing, then we don't deserve democracy anymore, nor, will we have it.

Obama has to be thinking about pardoning HRC.

Considering that the FBI has already granted immunity to all the major players, who is there that will show up to do something other than invoke the 5th amendment. There is no leverage to get these people to give meaningful testimony.
Pick6 Wrote:If the country elects HRC with an open FBI investigation ongoing, then we don't deserve democracy anymore, nor, will we have it.

Obama has to be thinking about pardoning HRC.

Considering that the FBI has already granted immunity to all the major players, who is there that will show up to do something other than invoke the 5th amendment. There is no leverage to get these people to give meaningful testimony.
If Huma Abedin lied under oath about which devices she accessed classified documents on, I doubt that her immunity deal is worth squat. If that is what prompted Comey's action, then the FBI will have plenty of leverage with her - but she would not be the first person to keep quiet and go to prison to protect a Clinton.
She might even welcome prison after Wiener!
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Trump's nomination was not illegitimate. It was just plain stupid and it was helped along by the RNC miscalculating how bad a candidate that their hand picked favorite, Jeb Bush, really was. The GOPe never intended to nominate Trump, but they also never intended to give the conservative candidates a fair shot at the nomination.

Trump stands no chance of winning here in Virginia. My vote will not matter. Trump may need your vote to carry Kentucky. Be sure to show up and vote on November 8. (That is a Tuesday.)

Jeb Bush was a non-starter and he was clearly the establishment's chosen one. The establishment has lost touch with the voter and they rebelled. But to say your vote won't matter would be like a WW2 B-17 crew flying over a German munitions factory and not dropping their bombs because they were convinced America would win the war anyway. Of course your vote counts.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Jeb Bush was a non-starter and he was clearly the establishment's chosen one. The establishment has lost touch with the voter and they rebelled. But to say your vote won't matter would be like a WW2 B-17 crew flying over a German munitions factory and not dropping their bombs because they were convinced America would win the war anyway. Of course your vote counts.
Like your vote would have counted in Kentucky's primary? Why did you not drop that bomb?

I voted in the Virginia GOP primary. I will vote on Nov. 8 and my vote will be counted. Trump has virtually no chance of winning Virginia, so my vote will be very unlikely to have any effect on the outcome. I am just stating an obvious fact. A bad analogy cannot make my statement any easier to understand.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Like your vote would have counted in Kentucky's primary? Why did you not drop that bomb?

I voted in the Virginia GOP primary. I will vote on Nov. 8 and my vote will be counted. Trump has virtually no chance of winning Virginia, so my vote will be very unlikely to have any effect on the outcome. I am just stating an obvious fact. A bad analogy cannot make my statement any easier to understand.

You wouldn't have known a thing about my voting record if I had not offered that information freely. But as I keep telling you; And frankly just as many people had predicted, your candidate lost. It was Trump winning Virginia with 35%, and Ted Cruz coming in 3rd under Marco Rubio with 17%. Using your rationale that means that 83% of Virginia voted against Cruz, right? Not that that will deter you from bringing it up again. But you're still 0-fer on all your primary and election predictions, a steely missile you've continued to ignore despite a number of posters on here who have pointed that out. So now with last stand abandon, given we are a mere 8 days away from election morn, you confidently predict Trump will be defeated by a wide margin.

The media absolutely must deal with the James Comey announcement, and a week is hardly time enough to do the required damage control. Meanwhile Julian Assange promises 'the best is yet to come.' And like it or not, Republicans are definitely showing signs of finally coming together.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:You wouldn't have known a thing about my voting record if I had not offered that information freely. But as I keep telling you; And frankly just as many people had predicted, your candidate lost. It was Trump winning Virginia with 35%, and Ted Cruz coming in 3rd under Marco Rubio with 17%. Using your rationale that means that 83% of Virginia voted against Cruz, right? Not that that will deter you from bringing it up again. But you're still 0-fer on all your primary and election predictions, a steely missile you've continued to ignore despite a number of posters on here who have pointed that out. So now with last stand abandon, given we are a mere 8 days away from election morn, you confidently predict Trump will be defeated by a wide margin.

The media absolutely must deal with the James Comey announcement, and a week is hardly time enough to do the required damage control. Meanwhile Julian Assange promises 'the best is yet to come.' And like it or not, Republicans are definitely showing signs of finally coming together.
For a non-voter, you spend entirely too much time worrying how I am voting.

I confidently predicted that Trump would be an extremely weak general election candidate before the Wikileaks email releases and before the latest Comey announcement. At this time, Trump still trails Hillary Clinton by a wide margin in projected electoral college votes. Imagine how badly he would be trailing if not for the accused rapist Julian Assange.

It is sad that the Republican nominee is so weak that his fate rests in the hands of a fugitive from justice who is hiding in an Ecuadoran embassy.

How can a Republican candidate trail a criminal like Hillary Clinton in such an important campaign this late in the race? Who would have thought that was possible?