Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville v.s. Elliott County
Wyatt Earp Wrote:I am not so sure that alot know about Elliott County from the 15th. South Floyd beat them a couple of years ago in the first round and they have several of those players back. Paintsville is not what I would consider a dominant team and if they are not ready for the game at 9:30 it could be a quick and out. I would hate to think that they would not be ready for a state tournament contest however and wish them luck. EKU is a great place to play and hopefully Paintsville represents the 15th well. Tigers by two.
That's one way to look at it.....then again....Paintsville has several from that year as well....including 4 starters from that year. Should be a very good game.
Well Elliott Co also has an 8th grader that is about 6'4" and can flat light it up and plays great D.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Batpuff Wrote:Well Elliott Co also has an 8th grader that is about 6'4" and can flat light it up and plays great D.
Well....that's good. paintsville should just stay home then...

I know it will be a good game and I think Paintsville will win but that doesn't mean that we would overlook a very good Elliot Co team. Just means we think we will win.
Keys for Paintsville:

(1) Play very good D an clamp down on the 3 point shots of Elliott Co. - This is something that the Tigers can do but haven't made a great effort of doing. But IF Elliott Co. is hitting, then they will have to.

(2) Not shoot too many 3's themselves, especially IF they aren't falling.

(3) Keep their focus and get adjusted to the arena atmosphere! Arena basketball is not the same as gymnasium basketball. But the Tigers have a lot of experience and this isn't their first trip around the block. Not as worried about this one, but it needs to be mentioned.

AND

(4) NOT OVERLOOK ELLIOTT COUNTY because they are very good!!

IF the Tigers check these four things, and I'm sure that BMR will see to it that they do, as well as probably several more such as matchups and game strategies, then the Tigers have the weapons to win this game.
:lmao: Guru u crack me up. GO TIGERS!!!!
Right on Guru. It would not be very good to think you can't win. I would like to be able to get away and watch the game, I just don't know if my colors would be accepted in the Paintsville section. Great chance for the 15th to do some damage.
The Guru Wrote:Well....that's good. paintsville should just stay home then...

:thatsfunn Good one!
Wyatt Earp Wrote:Right on Guru. It would not be very good to think you can't win. I would like to be able to get away and watch the game, I just don't know if my colors would be accepted in the Paintsville section. Great chance for the 15th to do some damage.
I am sure i can find a Tiger shirt to fit you!!!

Heck.....with as late as this game will be...that 8th grader will be out past curfew!!
I probably would be looking for another job if that was to happen. Thanks anyway and good luck.
The Guru Wrote:I am sure i can find a Tiger shirt to fit you!!!

Heck.....with as late as this game will be...that 8th grader will be out past curfew!!
Elliott does alot more than just shoot the three well. They are a very good defensive team with good depth and athleticism.
The Guru Wrote:Well....that's good. paintsville should just stay home then...
How come the sarcism bat puff was just telling about one of there players no need to be like that ,
FBALL Wrote:Elliott does alot more than just shoot the three well. They are a very good defensive team with good depth and athleticism.
If Paintsville shows up for this one....Elliot better be.
The Fan Wrote:How come the sarcism bat puff was just telling about one of there players no need to be like that ,

Because I am sarcastic???
Most know that about me....some still love me anyway..LOL
The Guru Wrote:If Paintsville shows up for this one....Elliot better be.

Why would they not show up? They know what time the game starts and where it is to be played.

I don't think many on here have seen Elliott Co play. They are playing very well right now. They were in the regional championship last year and returned everyone.
The Guru Wrote:Because I am sarcastic???
Most know that about me....some still love me anyway..LOL
I still think it was rude and I have seen both teams play and Elliot will give them all they want
FBALL Wrote:Why would they not show up? They know what time the game starts and where it is to be played.

I don't think many on here have seen Elliott Co play. They are playing very well right now. They were in the regional championship last year and returned everyone.

I have seen them play. I watched them in person, and I have seen game film on them. I know they are good. I don't think anyone on here thinks they are bad, I just think that the Paintsville Fans think they will win...that is all.
The Governor Wrote:I have seen them play. I watched them in person, and I have seen game film on them. I know they are good. I don't think anyone on here thinks they are bad, I just think that the Paintsville Fans think they will win...that is all.

And thats great. Paintsville has alot of tradition and their fans expect to win. I just don't wan't to here the excuse "they didn't show up" if they lose to Elliott Co..
The Fan Wrote:I still think it was rude and I have seen both teams play and Elliot will give them all they want
And I still care.......
The Guru Wrote:And I still care.......

well iam going to be rude then
The Guru Wrote:Heck.....with as late as this game will be...that 8th grader will be out past curfew!!

:lmao:
FBALL Wrote:And thats great. Paintsville has alot of tradition and their fans expect to win. I just don't wan't to here the excuse "they didn't show up" if they lose to Elliott Co..
If Elliot wins, I won't sugarcoat it....I tell the Tigers all the time when they play badly, i tell em'....you sucked....they know i love them, but tell it how I see it!
FBALL Wrote:And thats great. Paintsville has alot of tradition and their fans expect to win. I just don't wan't to here the excuse "they didn't show up" if they lose to Elliott Co..

You won't hear it from me! If the Tigers don't show up they deserve to lose, same for Elliott Co. So it works both ways! In fact, same for Russell too! EC almost took out Russell earlier in the season, and the way they are playing right now, I wouldn't doubt that they wouldn't be right in the game again if not win it. EC is a team that is capable of beating Paintsville or Russell if they aren't prepared for EC.

That is simply the way it is. Whichever team shows up and plays the best will win on that night. No excuses. When you are in a tourney you either win or go home. Paintsville (15th) favorite and Morgan Co. (16th) favorite IMO last year learned that lesson well. I think you can look for the Tigers to show up.
I look for the Faulkner boys to light it up from three point land if they do paintsville could be in some trouble if they can't match them.
Elliott County is a good three point shooting team.
The Guru Wrote:If Elliot wins, I won't sugarcoat it....I tell the Tigers all the time when they play badly, i tell em'....you sucked....they know i love them, but tell it how I see it!

Sugar Coat? No. But the "If they show up" line has already been thrown out there. Lets see All A state tournament and somehow a team will not be ready or motivated to play. I don't think so. If Paintsville gets beat it will be because the other team played better. That is one of the lamest excuses people use. Its right there with the refs cheated.
EKY Sportster Wrote:You won't hear it from me! If the Tigers don't show up they deserve to lose, same for Elliott Co. So it works both ways! In fact, same for Russell too! EC almost took out Russell earlier in the season, and the way they are playing right now, I wouldn't doubt that they wouldn't be right in the game again if not win it. EC is a team that is capable of beating Paintsville or Russell if they aren't prepared for EC.

That is simply the way it is. Whichever team shows up and plays the best will win on that night. No excuses. When you are in a tourney you either win or go home. Paintsville (15th) favorite and Morgan Co. (16th) favorite IMO last year learned that lesson well. I think you can look for the Tigers to show up.
Russell has nothing to do with this game. Focus should be squarely on Elliott Co..
I take Paintsville by 10 or more
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:I look for the Faulkner boys to light it up from three point land if they do paintsville could be in some trouble if they can't match them.
Elliott County is a good three point shooting team.

I look for Van and Landon to light it up so that cancels out. Paintsville is an excellent three point shooting team with all 5 starters being able to light it up at any given time plus if they play with the same intensity as they did Saturday night Elliott County is in for a long night. Paintsville's tough schedule also helps this time of year. That being said Paintsville by 12.
:Cheerlead AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA....

B-L-U-E...

Let's Go BLUE!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA....

B-L-U-E...

Let's Go BLUE! :Cheerlead
Baller 3, You will not find anybody that plays any harder than this Elliott team. If you bank a win on that you are sure to lose!They are the hardest playing team and get more out of their talent than any team you will see. If Paintsville played this hard they would have won both the All A & regular 15th Title the last 3 years! If the Fergusomn kid could play @ 100% Elliott would win but he has a really nasty sprain so I will go with Paintsville by 12
Ferguson, not Faulkner is the main man for Elliott. Faulkner's are good players but not quiet as talented as Ferguson. Ferguson is injured pretty badly with the ankle. So the point of how good he will play is moot.

Paintsville will have a hard time matching EC's quickness. Both Faulkners are quicker than Bundy or Van. This could have been a good game if Ferguson was healthy, without him I think the tigers will roll.