Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Paintsville v.s. Elliott County
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
This game will be played thursday at 9:30 at EKU in Richmond. Predictions?
I think Pville will come out with the win in this one. Pville 10+
I dont know anything about Elliot co.. anyone have any stsas on them. I will pick the Tigers by 5 For now.
BLUEGRASS-RULES Wrote:I dont know anything about Elliot co.. anyone have any stsas on them. I will pick the Tigers by 5 For now.

Thats stats. lol
I remember there being an article in the Lexington h-l earlier this season about the Elliott county team and what young talent they have. Think their two best players are sophomores. Don't know anything else. Best of luck Tigers.
Elliott Co. has a record of 14-4, with losses to Raceland, Russell, East Carter and South Charleston, WV. Should be a good game. Gotta go with the Tigers though. Good Luck boys! Will be there rooting you on!
This game looks to be one of the better games in the opening round.

Elliott Co. is 14-4 and is rated as the #1 team in the 16th region according to Cantrall and Litkenhous, however, they could be missing one of their better players Thursday night. 6'3" Jonathan Ferguson left the game in the 3rd quarter in their blowout win over Greenup Co. Their strength of schedule looks rather weak to me. Losses to Raceland (9-11) and East Carter (9-9) really stand out. Their only wins against winning teams are their 50-46 win over Boyd Co. (9-8) and Rowan Co. 78-63 (11-9).

Paintsville is 14-6 and is rated the second best team in the 15th region according to the two power ratings. They have been battle-tested this season with losses against 3 KY Top 20 teams in Bryan Station 85-92, Henry Clay 78-88, and South Laurel 57-58. Their only bad loss was on a last second shot to a 10-9 Russellville team in their own Christmas Tournament. They have two real quality wins against Alcoa, TN and Port St. Joe, FL.

I'll make a prediction closer to the game after we find out if Fergsuson will playing for Elliott.
Ferguson or not Elliott Co wins by 10 or more.
The Ferguson everyone needs to be talking about is Van from Paintsville, although I hope Johnathan is ok whatever happened to him, but Van is an excellent player and will have a good game v.s. Elliott.
-STAT- Wrote:The Ferguson everyone needs to be talking about is Van from Paintsville, although I hope Johnathan is ok whatever happened to him, but Van is an excellent player and will have a good game v.s. Elliott.

And Vanhoose and Slone and Grimm and Bundy and Meade. Can't just focus on one with this team.
I agree that this will probably be one of the better games of the tournament. JMO

Elliott is a really good team. Young, but good. John Ferguson is a really good player. Didn't know that he got hurt. I hope he will be okay. They also have a set of twins and both are very good players.

I still have to go with the Tigers on this one. If they continue to play the way they are right now, they have a great shot at bringing home the title. Good luck Tigers!
OffTheHook Wrote:And Vanhoose and Slone and Grimm and Bundy and Meade. Can't just focus on one with this team.

You are correct. The Tigers are playing some great ball right now. Would like to see them keep it up.
Paintsville by 4
Paintsville
Paintsville 79
Elliott Co. 68
Tigers by 12.
Tigers by 10.
ill take the tigers by 5
I say Tigers by 6.
Well I guess its about time for me to put my two cents in.

Paintsville-76
Elliott-70
Paintsville by 7
Paintsville Tigers by 14 points.
If Paintsville wins like everyones predicting. Who will they play the winner of???
Good Luck Tigers!!
OnCeABobcat Wrote:If Paintsville wins like everyones predicting. Who will they play the winner of???

The winner of the Paintsville vs. Elliot County game will play the winner of the Bardstown vs. Shawnee game. Shawnee is 10-9 on the season. Bardstown is 12-8 on the season.
i think this will be closer than most think.
i watched elliot earlier this year and they are really talented
the twins are incrediable
also #4 he is a good shooter
watch out paintsville
I know that Elliott is very tough! They can really blow you away with their high power offense. But they do rely on the 3 quiet a bit from what I understand. So the key is not how good they are, but how good they shoot the 3 on the night you play them. In any event, the Tigers had better come prepared to play! This game won't be a cakewalk for the Tigers. Take away a couple of bad games for Elliott and look at what they have done and the margins of victory here lately! Should be a run and gun type of game. And just as importantly, it depends on which Paintsville team shows up and how well they are hitting. I think that the Tigers experience and depth favor them, but they better play as good as they did against Allen Central, not South Floyd.

I'll take Paintsville by 3+ because I think it will be close!
Johnathon Ferguson is a very good player from what I hear. Should be a great game.

Paintsville-78
Elliot Co.-73
Tigers Baby!!!! Yeah!!!!
I am not so sure that alot know about Elliott County from the 15th. South Floyd beat them a couple of years ago in the first round and they have several of those players back. Paintsville is not what I would consider a dominant team and if they are not ready for the game at 9:30 it could be a quick and out. I would hate to think that they would not be ready for a state tournament contest however and wish them luck. EKU is a great place to play and hopefully Paintsville represents the 15th well. Tigers by two.
Pages: 1 2 3 4