Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WYMT Mountain Top 10
NYY10 Wrote:A 10 point lose to Paul Dunbar and a 3 point lose to Warren Central, I think that's pretty impressive considering their a top team in the state. And the SV and Bell Co didn't go in OT
get your facts straight sir, the bell county game did go into overtime, i saw the game and bell county had a double digit lead at halftime also. as for dunbar, they are about the 4th or 5th best team in lexington, but they are a solid team and warren central is a very good team i am sure, but i am not sure how much better they are than simon kenton. bottom line IMO bell county is as good or better than sv and i am not sure come tournament time i wouldnt rather have to play sv than bell because bell county Clearly has more size and athleticism and are no question an extremely dangerous team
The Doctor Wrote:warren central is a very good team i am sure, but i am not sure how much better they are than simon kenton.

:thatsfunn
The Doctor Wrote:get your facts straight sir, the bell county game did go into overtime, i saw the game and bell county had a double digit lead at halftime also. as for dunbar, they are about the 4th or 5th best team in lexington, but they are a solid team and warren central is a very good team i am sure, but i am not sure how much better they are than simon kenton. bottom line IMO bell county is as good or better than sv and i am not sure come tournament time i wouldnt rather have to play sv than bell because bell county Clearly has more size and athleticism and are no question an extremely dangerous team

Well on KHSAA it says they didnt go in OT, Im sure if Valley and Bell Co played again now, Valley would take the Win again!!!
NYY10 Wrote:Well on KHSAA it says they didnt go in OT, Im sure if Valley and Bell Co played again now, Valley would take the Win again!!!
actually sir, the first time these two teams met bell's FRESHMAN point guard had 7 or 8 turnovers, if not more which lead to bell giving up their big first half lead and sv pulled it out in OT. since then, this freshman has matured quite a bit as the wymt tournament proved and i dont believe he would make as many mistakes a 2nd time around. these two will probably not meet again this year so we probably wont get to find out who truly is best. you clearly have a biased opinion being a huge sv supporter, if not involved in the program personally, but being an unbiased observer other than living in the 13th region i would have to say i believe most coaches if given the choice in a one game tournament situation would rather play sv than bell IMO
Keep in mind, that Shelby Valley defeated Bell County before the Slusher guy went to Auburn.
1. South Laurel
2. Paintsville
3. Hazard
4. June Buchanan
5. Bell County
6. Shelby Valley
7. Clay County
8. Cumberland
9. Breathitt County
10. Allen Central

** That's how I would look at it after JBS lost to Hazard.
Pacman Wrote:1. South Laurel
2. Paintsville
3. Hazard
4. June Buchanan
5. Bell County
6. Shelby Valley
7. Clay County
8. Cumberland
9. Breathitt County
10. Allen Central

** That's how I would look at it after JBS lost to Hazard.

Valley and Clay should both move up, they both beat Bell, and so did JBS
alfus21 Wrote:Keep in mind, that Shelby Valley defeated Bell County before the Slusher guy went to Auburn.

HAHA..I like ur display pic Alfus
faninthestands Wrote:SL
Paintsville
Hazard
Bell
SV
Clay
JBS
Corbin
Breathitt
Cumberland
I agree
faninthestands Wrote:SL
Paintsville
Hazard
Bell
SV
Clay
JBS
Corbin
Breathitt
Cumberland

Valley, JBS, and Clay all three beat Bell
Correct me if I am wrong, but Hazard got drilled one time, and the next 2 games following were against top 15 Lafayette, and top 10 Madison Central, and they won both.

The thing that is wrong with some people on here is that they don't do their homework, and then bash, or talk negatively, about other teams.

Hazard is deserving of their ranking, more so than others, and probably should be ahead of Breathitt, now that they have lost to LCC.
daredevil4life Wrote:Correct me if I am wrong, but Hazard got drilled one time, and the next 2 games following were against top 15 Lafayette, and top 10 Madison Central, and they won both.

The thing that is wrong with some people on here is that they don't do their homework, and then bash, or talk negatively, about other teams.

Hazard is deserving of their ranking, more so than others, and probably should be ahead of Breathitt, now that they have lost to LCC.

Smile When was Lafayette top 15? They were 4-4 when Hazard played them. If they were they didn't deserve it. They're no 8-12.

Madison Central was a good win as they are 16-5, but I don't think they've been in the top 10 this season.

Maybe you should do your homework before posting false information about teams that Hazard has played.
daredevil4life Wrote:Correct me if I am wrong, but Hazard got drilled one time, and the next 2 games following were against top 15 Lafayette, and top 10 Madison Central, and they won both.

Lafayette isnt a huge powerhouse this year, and Madison Central was a good win, it was, but I know since I like JBS, and Hazard beat JBS you people think I hate Hazard so thats why I bring this up, but Holmes beat them by 17, Holmes is a good team, but also, Dunbar, who is 10-9, isnt exactly a powerhour either,but Hazard has some good wins, but so has alot of teams in this region, there have been alot of close games to very good teams as well, of course JBS and Mason, but also Henry Clay just beat Estill County by 10, the mountains are pretty strong.
windmill Wrote:Lafayette isnt a huge powerhouse this year, and Madison Central was a good win, it was, but I know since I like JBS, and Hazard beat JBS you people think I hate Hazard so thats why I bring this up, but Holmes beat them by 17, Holmes is a good team, but also, Dunbar, who is 10-9, isnt exactly a powerhour either,but Hazard has some good wins, but so has alot of teams in this region, there have been alot of close games to very good teams as well, of course JBS and Mason, but also Henry Clay just beat Estill County by 10, the mountains are pretty strong.

Hazard has played and well play one of the toughest schedule in the mountains. Just take a look at it. Lafayette was top twenty, Madison C ranked 15 in AP and has been top ten, Dubar solid team, Holmes I think Hazard beats them with all their team (no Campbell, Jones or Kid) Shelby Valley, JBS twice, PCC three times, Breathitt twice, Ryle decent team, future games against South Laurel and the all A state competition. No one in the moutains (other that South Laurel) can say they have played a better schedule than that. I no Windmill, you will have a good reason why JBS's schedule is better, but it's not so do bother to tell us. Not many cupcakes on their schedule, take a look at it on the scoreboard. You wont see Piarist on there or Riverside. Maybe that tough schedule is paying off and that's why it was so easy for Hazard to beat JBS last time.Confusedhh:
faninthestands Wrote:Hazard has played and well play one of the toughest schedule in the mountains. Just take a look at it. Lafayette was top twenty, Madison C ranked 15 in AP and has been top ten, Dubar solid team, Holmes I think Hazard beats them with all their team (no Campbell, Jones or Kid) Shelby Valley, JBS twice, PCC three times, Breathitt twice, Ryle decent team, future games against South Laurel and the all A state competition. No one in the moutains (other that South Laurel) can say they have played a better schedule than that. I no Windmill, you will have a good reason why JBS's schedule is better, but it's not so do bother to tell us. Not many cupcakes on their schedule, take a look at it on the scoreboard. You wont see Piarist on there or Riverside. Maybe that tough schedule is paying off and that's why it was so easy for Hazard to beat JBS last time.Confusedhh:

OK, Hazard has played 3 good teams, and South Laurel coming up, Lafaeytte is 8-12, so thats not that good, Dunbar, 10-9? Holmes, yes, Valley, its not like they scheduled them, it was in the WYMT, and you play Perry because its your biggest rival, and JBS plays them too, and they also play Breathitt, and Ryle? 7-13? not that good either, Hazard did attempt to play with Dunbar, but getting beat by 43 points, isnt, good, and Holmes beat them by 17, and JBS schedule, isnt a cupcake this season, ok, Lexington Catholic, #7, Trinity,#10, Mason County #2,Bell County, they did beat Hazard already, and they blew Letcher out on there home floor, who just beat Breathitt, they beat Cordia by 16 tonight, a game most said JBS wouldnt win, JBS has played a tough schedule, and if you ask me, tougher than Hazards, but hey, im stupid, JBS fan, what do I know, Hazard and JBS have both played to hard schedules, but I dont think Hazard could play with Mason, and with all of there team like you said, they still couldnt beat Holmes, IMO they couldnt, but again, what do I know
windmill Wrote:OK, Hazard has played 3 good teams, and South Laurel coming up, Lafaeytte is 8-12, so thats not that good, Dunbar, 10-9? Holmes, yes, Valley, its not like they scheduled them, it was in the WYMT, and you play Perry because its your biggest rival, and JBS plays them too, and they also play Breathitt, and Ryle? 7-13? not that good either, Hazard did attempt to play with Dunbar, but getting beat by 43 points, isnt, good, and Holmes beat them by 17, and JBS schedule, isnt a cupcake this season, ok, Lexington Catholic, #7, Trinity,#10, Mason County #2,Bell County, they did beat Hazard already, and they blew Letcher out on there home floor, who just beat Breathitt, they beat Cordia by 16 tonight, a game most said JBS wouldnt win, JBS has played a tough schedule, and if you ask me, tougher than Hazards, but hey, im stupid, JBS fan, what do I know, Hazard and JBS have both played to hard schedules, but I dont think Hazard could play with Mason, and with all of there team like you said, they still couldnt beat Holmes, IMO they couldnt, but again, what do I know

You don't know much. Why couldn't Hazard play with Mason? They kicked your but easily the other night. They beat a good Madison Central team in Lexington. Had Coach Morris not taken it easy on you last week, Hazard probably would have beaten you by 30. You have many more cupcakes on your schedule than Hazard. I think anyone besides you that compares the two can easily tell that. :rockon:
faninthestands Wrote:You don't know much. Why couldn't Hazard play with Mason? They kicked your but easily the other night. They beat a good Madison Central team in Lexington. Had Coach Morris not taken it easy on you last week, Hazard probably would have beaten you by 30. You have many more cupcakes on your schedule than Hazard. I think anyone besides you that compares the two can easily tell that. :rockon:

are you kidding me, so Hazard could play with Mason County, are you seriously, stupid? and 30 points,yes, you are stupid, you must have, you have to be, how can you even say that? PLAYING A TEAM WITH AS MUCH EXPERIENCE AS HAZARD MORE THAN 1 TIME, ITS GOING TO BE HARD TO BEAT THEM, duhh, but what do I know, I like JBS, one of the only few on this thing, which is sad, but oh well, but seriously, saying Hazard would have beat them by 30, is, pretty, dumb to go and say
Hit a nerve there Windy? Yes I'm serious, if JBS can play with Mason Hazard certainly could. Anything JBS could do, Hazard can do better. Hazard beat your butt good last week, accept it. How does it feel setting in Pippa Passes and watching Hazard go to Richmond? How sweet it is, oh how sweet it is. I bet it hurts, don't it. Tell the truth.
JBS has played 8 teams with a winning record. Hazard has played 12. Some of the teams with more impressive records you have played. Cordia 5-14, Sheldon Clark 3-16, Piarist 4-19, Owsley 5-14, Riverside 7-15, KCC 6-10, Jackson City 6-12, Prestonsburg 7-11. And the list goes on, and on, and on, and on.
Benchwarmer Wrote:And Hazard beat you.
And JBS beat Hazard in the WYMT!! So they are one each at this point.
southern sports Wrote:Hit a nerve there Windy? Yes I'm serious, if JBS can play with Mason Hazard certainly could. Anything JBS could do, Hazard can do better. Hazard beat your butt good last week, accept it. How does it feel setting in Pippa Passes and watching Hazard go to Richmond? How sweet it is, oh how sweet it is. I bet it hurts, don't it. Tell the truth.
JBS has got the WYMT trophy, You know how it feels to lose. Get up off your knees looking for your contacts and tying your shoes to slow down a game. That won't work in Richmond.
At the time, Lafayette was in the top 15, even with a 4-4 record. And Madison Central was right there too, and have stayed between 10-15 all season in the rankings.
I also do my homework, as it is a requirement in the job I do, so I do know what I am talking about when it comes to this stuff.
And if you look at the schedule Lafayette has played, being 8-12 isn't all that bad, and they could be better. I don't see any other WYMT teams playing a schedule like that, so there ya go.
daredevil4life Wrote:At the time, Lafayette was in the top 15, even with a 4-4 record. And Madison Central was right there too, and have stayed between 10-15 all season in the rankings.
I also do my homework, as it is a requirement in the job I do, so I do know what I am talking about when it comes to this stuff.
And if you look at the schedule Lafayette has played, being 8-12 isn't all that bad, and they could be better. I don't see any other WYMT teams playing a schedule like that, so there ya go.
You forgot Bryan Station They drilled you.
3 points Wrote:You forgot Bryan Station They drilled you.
It was Dunbar at Bryan Station. either way, you got drilled
3 points Wrote:It was Dunbar at Bryan Station. either way, you got drilled

who beat us by 43?
sv is better than jbs