Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: WYMT Mountain Top 10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Does anyone know the WYMT Mountain Top 10 as of now?
Week 9: 1.26.07
Boys

1. South Laurel
2. June Buchanan
3. Paintsville
4. Breathitt County
5. Shelby Valley
6. Clay County
7. Bell County
8. Hazard
9. Cumberland
10. Allen Central
OffTheHook Wrote:Week 9: 1.26.07
Boys

1. South Laurel
2. June Buchanan
3. Paintsville
4. Breathitt County
5. Shelby Valley
6. Clay County
7. Bell County
8. Hazard
9. Cumberland
10. Allen Central

I'm glad Breathitt County is having a good year, but they are no doubt the most overrated team in the mountains. A 12 point loss to a 8-11 Letcher Central team and they just go to 4th?
Valley is better than Paintsville and Breathitt! Breathitt shouldn't be in the top 10 and when I seen them play last night against LCC, COULD NOT BELIEVE THAT THEY WERE 18-1!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Valley is better than Paintsville and Breathitt! Breathitt shouldn't be in the top 10 and when I seen them play last night against LCC, COULD NOT BELIEVE THAT THEY WERE 18-1!

Their win over Hazard is the only thing that got them there. The rest of the schedule has been a joke. Beyond me how they didn't drop further than that.
bell county dropping to 7th is nuts
Breathitt County has had a nice season but other than Hazard and Buckhorn...Breathitt County has not played anyone with a winning record as of this post. Remove Hazard and Buckhorn (who are a combined 28-12 as of 1-27-07) and the rest of the scheduled teams have a combined record of a whopping 76-165 :what:

76-165 what is the big deal? Granted Breathitt County played the pants off Hazard twice but aren't these guys overrated?!?!? You bet.
The Doctor Wrote:bell county dropping to 7th is nuts
just because they lost to clay county by 1 at clay, they drop all the way to 7th????????? as for them losing 78-52 to the #1 team in the state and top 20 team in the country (Scott County) at Scott County, there is no way this team should drop this far. Scott County the next night, beat a top 20 ky team (George Rogers Clark) 94-59 and Bell County proceeded to beat 2 strong teams the next days, yesterday and today, Dixie Heights 12-6 record and Simon Kenton 16-4 record. bell won both games by 3. the point is, hazard, shelby valley and jbs have all gone to the big city and been drilled, jbs got hammered twice up their, hazard got blown out by a decent lexington school, and shelby valley got beat by 10 last night by the same just decent paul dunbar team, not to mention breathitt county who is clearly overrated losing to letcher central last night by 12
Pardon, but Valley definitely didn't get drilled. Hazard and JBS, yes, but Valley--not yet! I've watched Bell play several times this year, including the Valley game, and they are tough. Don't put down other schools just to boost them though. Anyone who knows anything about basketball can see that Bell is better than 7th in the mountains.
I think Valley should be ranked 3rd
how is allen central in there>?
Well I doubt that JBS will hold their #2 ranking after the Hazard loss, and no doubt that Bell Co. is better than #7. But I've said in the past that this poll is crazy anyway. I guess this proves it.

IMPO:

1. South Laurel
2. Paintsville
3. Shelby Valley
4. Bell Co.
5. Hazard
6. JBS
7. Clay Co.
8-10. Could be arguably any of several good teams!

But any of these teams could beat the other on a given night, although SL would probably be the toughest to knock off.
Well I guess that since JBS got beat tongiht that Paintsville will be number 2 next week...I think that they really desirve it, they only lost the the number 1 team by 1 point.
Jager Wrote:Well I guess that since JBS got beat tongiht that Paintsville will be number 2 next week...I think that they really desirve it, they only lost the the number 1 team by 1 point.

:Thumbs:
EKY Sportster Wrote:Well I doubt that JBS will hold their #2 ranking after the Hazard loss, and no doubt that Bell Co. is better than #7. But I've said in the past that this poll is crazy anyway. I guess this proves it.

IMPO:

1. South Laurel
2. Paintsville
3. Shelby Valley
4. Bell Co.
5. Hazard
6. JBS
7. Clay Co.
8-10. Could be arguably any of several good teams!

But any of these teams could beat the other on a given night, although SL would probably be the toughest to knock off.

That 8 looks pretty good.
Well 7
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Pardon, but Valley definitely didn't get drilled. Hazard and JBS, yes, but Valley--not yet! I've watched Bell play several times this year, including the Valley game, and they are tough. Don't put down other schools just to boost them though. Anyone who knows anything about basketball can see that Bell is better than 7th in the mountains.
i am not putting any team down, just stating some facts that in relation to bell county's season shows they are better than 7th in the mountains. as for shelby valley, they are very solid, and i like their team a lot, but since peaking early in the year they seem to have come down to earth a little. bottom line, mountain basketball is on the rise and has several strong teams that could make it to rupp this year and be very competitive, with several of these teams being very young with bright futures.
South Laurel
Shelby Valley
Paintsville
Hazard
JBS
Clay County
Bell County
Perry Central
Cumberland
Powell County

That is my Mountain Top 10.....
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:South Laurel
Shelby Valley
Paintsville
Hazard
JBS
Clay County
Bell County
Perry Central
Cumberland
Powell County

That looks good
1. South Laurel
2. Paintsville
3. Hazard
4. Shelby Valley
5. June Buchanan
6. Clay County
7. Bell County
8. Breathitt
9. Perry Central
10. Cumberland
windmill Wrote:1. South Laurel
2. Paintsville
3. Hazard
4. Shelby Valley
5. June Buchanan
6. Clay County
7. Bell County
8. Breathitt
9. Perry Central
10. Cumberland

looks pretty good but i would move bell up one.
allthewayhome Wrote:looks pretty good but i would move bell up one.

JBS and Clay County both beat Bell County
And Hazard beat you.
Shelby Valley
Paintsville
Hazard
JBS
Clay County
Bell County
Perry Central
Cumberland
Powell County

powell is not a top 10 in the mountains team. corbin, knox central and barbourville from the 13th are better along with breathitt from the 14th IMO
SL
Paintsville
Hazard
Bell
SV
Clay
JBS
Corbin
Breathitt
Cumberland
Shelby Valley
Paintsville
Hazard
JBS
Clay County
Bell County
Perry Central
Cumberland
Powell County

Cant complain about that one, looks good to me.
Thanks, and Powell may not be. But when Powell is playing it's best ball..LOOK OUT! I agree that Corbin could be in that mix also. A number of teams could be in the 8-10 spot!
faninthestands Wrote:SL
Paintsville
Hazard
Bell
SV
Clay
JBS
Corbin
Breathitt
Cumberland

Bell can't be ranked before Shelby valley,because valley beat them
NYY10 Wrote:Bell can't be ranked before Shelby valley,because valley beat them
just because sv beat bell in overtime earlier this year when sv was clearly clicking on all cylinders doesnt mean that bell cant be ranked ahead of them. i am not saying bell should be ranked ahead of them, but i could see an argument that with the impressive run they made in the wymt tournament and the quality wins they have had since then over perry central, cumberland, dixie heights, and simon kenton along with the fact sv has lost 3 games since beating bell and have not been as impressive in their wins as they were early in the year, that bell could be ranked ahead of them.
The Doctor Wrote:just because sv beat bell in overtime earlier this year when sv was clearly clicking on all cylinders doesnt mean that bell cant be ranked ahead of them. i am not saying bell should be ranked ahead of them, but i could see an argument that with the impressive run they made in the wymt tournament and the quality wins they have had since then over perry central, cumberland, dixie heights, and simon kenton along with the fact sv has lost 3 games since beating bell and have not been as impressive in their wins as they were early in the year, that bell could be ranked ahead of them.

A 10 point lose to Paul Dunbar and a 3 point lose to Warren Central, I think that's pretty impressive considering their a top team in the state. And the SV and Bell Co didn't go in OT
Pages: 1 2