Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What does McCreary Central have to do to be successful in 2016
I don't think McCreary could have taken applications for 6 mo. and not got a better Coach to apply than Coach Ford. With that being said there are plenty to do in next couple months. Got to complete staff, Got to get the kids out. Good Luck in everything you do. Go Raiders.
Did a little checking they were running 10-12 kids at practice before they take 2 week break, Sure hope the numbers come up by a bunch. If not long year. Start working the kids and parents.
Sportsfanatic2015 Wrote:Did a little checking they were running 10-12 kids at practice before they take 2 week break, Sure hope the numbers come up by a bunch. If not long year. Start working the kids and parents.

Number have always been low at McCreary this time of year. After Dead Period the numbers will increase. I look for McCreary to dress 30-35 kids. Good luck to Staff and Players. Looking FWD. to a Great Season.:rockon:
Cellking Wrote:Number have always been low at McCreary this time of year. After Dead Period the numbers will increase. I look for McCreary to dress 30-35 kids. Good luck to Staff and Players. Looking FWD. to a Great Season.:rockon:

Looking forward to new season. Dead Period is almost over and time to start. Hope numbers come up. Wanting to see new off. and def. The defense has to be better than last year. Good luck.:popcorn:
With the addition of the Mospan kid from Alcoa they have talent on defense. He is the real deal at LB
Frozen Tundra Wrote:With the addition of the Mospan kid from Alcoa they have talent on defense. He is the real deal at LB

Someone started same crap last year. Don't believe a word of it.TongueirateSho
How many at practice 1s day ???
Sportsfanatic2015 Wrote:How many at practice 1s day ???

30 at practice today. Got 5 gone on vacation, look to have 35 kids when all said and done, Some good looking kids. Winter wt. program has paid off. Look for a good season.:Thumbs:
[quote=Cellking]30 at practice today. Got 5 gone on vacation, look to have 35 kids when all said and done, Some good looking kids. Winter wt. program has paid off. Look for a good season.:Thumbs:

People I've been talking to, said MC running about 30 kids at practice. For MC this is outstanding. Go Raiders. :Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead
I have watched MC practice 4 times. Good Big people on line. Good skilled people. I think this will be a good team.
Cellking Wrote:I have watched MC practice 4 times. Good Big people on line. Good skilled people. I think this will be a good team.

Hope it is a good year, we are due. 7 years is a long time to go and not win over 2 games a year. I hope Coach Ford will bring some stability to our program. Ford will make 4 Coaches in 7 years. Good luck Raiders.:Thumbs:
Central had 36 at practice today 2 who played last year on vacation. Good Numbers.
Heard MC presented well at the 7v7 passing tourney, any truth to them being up whole game on black bears until QB threw costly touchdown while time was winding down?
wildcat manor Wrote:Heard MC presented well at the 7v7 passing tourney, any truth to them being up whole game on black bears until QB threw costly touchdown while time was winding down?

McCreary Central played very in 7 on 7. Just missed the Championship game like you said on last minute TD. We have some good skilled people. Good Job.:Thumbs:
Cellking Wrote:McCreary Central played very in 7 on 7. Just missed the Championship game like you said on last minute TD. We have some good skilled people. Good Job.:Thumbs:

I did not attend 7 on 7 at South Laurel. The report I got was they lost 1st game to HC and went to losers bracket. Then they won 5 straight games and had Harlan Co. beat had a receiver not muffed a pass off hands that was intercepted and HC went on to score and win by 1, for a chance to play in Championship Game. :Cheerlead Good Job.
Sportsfanatic2015 Wrote:Looking forward to new season. Dead Period is almost over and time to start. Hope numbers come up. Wanting to see new off. and def. The defense has to be better than last year. Good luck.:popcorn:

McCreary has 46 kids who has a physical and on the roster. That is Great.:Clap::Clap::Clap:
lot of excitement in McCreary County had to work there today and the people were actually talking football. I got me a copy of the cats pause from a lady that works in the post office said she had bought 2 in Lexington and sold me 1. Everyone agrees on Cellking being the football man over there, really nice people everywhere I went people were very helpful. Good Luck to the Raiders
Coach Ford given time will have success. Things were headed in the right direction and think he will accelerate the process. A little success and he will get the bodies. Change in administration appears to be very football positive.
cherokee Wrote:lot of excitement in McCreary County had to work there today and the people were actually talking football. I got me a copy of the cats pause from a lady that works in the post office said she had bought 2 in Lexington and sold me 1. Everyone agrees on Cellking being the football man over there, really nice people everywhere I went people were very helpful. Good Luck to the Raiders

Cheokee, why didn't you look me up, I would have let you buy lunch, lol You are right people are excited about Football in McCreary Co. again. Credit to Bozeman and Mitchell for winter Wts. and Plyos. Credit to Ford and his staff they have the kids interested and involved. Look for a good year. Go Raiders.:Thumbs: We have 29 soph. and Jr, Future looks bright.
E's Army Wrote:Coach Ford given time will have success. Things were headed in the right direction and think he will accelerate the process. A little success and he will get the bodies. Change in administration appears to be very football positive.

The change has been Great. Football is no longer on back burner,Confusedinglepar
With the numbers up and with what MC has coming back. I look for them to win 6 games, maybe 7 which would tie for high win season.
Sportsfanatic2015 Wrote:With the numbers up and with what MC has coming back. I look for them to win 6 games, maybe 7 which would tie for high win season.

I think this will be a much improved Football Team. Hate to put a number on the win total. Several teams we have a chance to beat, if we stay healthy and things fall into place. Kids are working hard and Staff will have them prepared to play their best. If it continues we will be very competitive. Go Raiders !!!!Confusedinglepar
Well time to play. Scrimmage tomorrow night at Perry Central. 5A School ,McCreary can get a look at how much they have improved. I look for a good showing.