Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: What does McCreary Central have to do to be successful in 2016
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Now that McCreary has a new coach what does the Coach and Administration have to do to be successful ?
Coach Ford must: #1 Get all the kids to play. #2 He must put together a good staff. Bring a couple along with him and convince a couple locals ( with experience) to join staff. #3 I think this Administration will support Football better than any in the past. If He can do these things look for McCreary to have a good year if not look for the same ole McCreary.
Talent in School, lot's of them saying they are not going to play. Coach Ford and staff must do a good selling job. In most cases they end up playing. I agree with "Sportsfanatic" point about getting local help. Some could be a huge help to new coach.
CellKing you know the area and the kids, any chance you will be helping Coach Ford?:Thumbs::Thumbs:
He better keep the some of locals Away from his program, they will cut his throat . Ford need to start building from the middle school up. If they don't want to play for Ford and his staff let them go. Ford will win more than 2 games next year.
I agree he will win more than 2 games. If they all play he could win 5 or 6 games and 7 is not out of reach. Lots of work to be done. Good Luck to New Staff.
Parents whose kids play must ensure they commit, attend practice and follow the process. Without that no school or sport can succeed. Starts at home!
The Cross Movement Wrote:Parents whose kids play must ensure they commit, attend practice and follow the process. Without that no school or sport can succeed. Starts at home!

You know 1st hand how hard it is to get these kids out and how hard it is to keep them out. It will be a long drawn out process, with lots of sweat and hard work.:popcorn:
^^ you are right! There are no easy answers! I know Coach Ford and his staff will do everything they can to help these young men be successful on the field and more importantly life! God speed Raiders!
Shondue Wrote:CellKing you know the area and the kids, any chance you will be helping Coach Ford?:Thumbs::Thumbs:

1) I have not been asked, 2) I don't like to deal with hypothetical situations 3) That would be a loss of a lot of lake time. 4) Would most likely cause a couple people to stroke out. Really don't care about this one. So let's say I doubt it.
:zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz: I do wish Coach Ford lots of luck with getting kids to play, with putting a staff together and winning several games. Go Raiders!:Thumbs::Thumbs::Thumbs::Thumbs::Thumbs:
BossEric Wrote:He better keep the some of locals Away from his program, they will cut his throat . Ford need to start building from the middle school up. If they don't want to play for Ford and his staff let them go. Ford will win more than 2 games next year.

He better get the Players out. Don't matter how good of a Coach you are without players you are in trouble. Ford needs everyone of them to win as many games as possible. Got to build some confidence in players and fans, and the best way to do that is win.:Thumbs:
He'll build more than confidence, he'll build a program. Lucas is a great ball coach.
JumperPride1 Wrote:He'll build more than confidence, he'll build a program. Lucas is a great ball coach.

He is a great coach. It would be nice if he could get Coach Matt Singleton from Somerset to join his staff. That would be a great hire TongueirateSho
JumperPride1 Wrote:He'll build more than confidence, he'll build a program. Lucas is a great ball coach.

I hope he is a Great Coach and I wish him success. If he can do this thing without players then I will rename him Houdini because that would be quite a trick. :biglmao:
The Cross Movement Wrote:He is a great coach. It would be nice if he could get Coach Matt Singleton from Somerset to join his staff. That would be a great hire TongueirateSho

Coach Hallock from Jackson as well, has experience with the area and DC experience. 😎
Sportsfanatic2015 Wrote:I hope he is a Great Coach and I wish him success. If he can do this thing without players then I will rename him Houdini because that would be quite a trick. :biglmao:

It's a 5 year project to even think about competing down there. Even this year you can win 10 and for what? If the community backs him he will be successful, it won't be for lack of coaching/motivating/or personal work ethic. Kids will come out, and if they don't he'll be going door to door I'm sure.
JumperPride1 Wrote:Coach Hallock from Jackson as well, has experience with the area and DC experience. 😎

Coach Ford needs a strong right hand man like Coach Singleton....an experienced coach who like Ford has coached in a state championship game. Plus they are great friends! :Thumbs:
JumperPride1 Wrote:It's a 5 year project to even think about competing down there. Even this year you can win 10 and for what? If the community backs him he will be successful, it won't be for lack of coaching/motivating/or personal work ethic. Kids will come out, and if they don't he'll be going door to door I'm sure.

Coach Ford spent most of today making house visits with the players. Needless to say if people knew some of the conditions these precious kids live in it would break their heart. Coach Ford cares about kids and this is more than just football for him. He wanted to be head coach at McCreary for all the rights reasons. To help kids!

The man is a good coach and human being! I hope and pray people see more than the scoreboard. These kids need people in thier lives who believe in them and offer hope! Football is secondary it is just a tool to help accomplish the goal of enhancing the lives of young people living in very broken conditions.
The Cross Movement Wrote:Coach Ford spent most of today making house visits with the players. Needless to say if people knew some of the conditions these precious kids live in it would break their heart. Coach Ford cares about kids and this is more than just football for him. He wanted to be head coach at McCreary for all the rights reasons. To help kids!

The man is a good coach and human being! I hope and pray people see more than the scoreboard. These kids need people in thier lives who believe in them and offer hope! Football is secondary it is just a tool to help accomplish the goal of enhancing the lives of young people living in very broken conditions.

Wish him luck. You all preaching to wrong person. I understand all you are saying. When trying to build a program it would help to win a few games and to do that you have to have best players playing. That is what I'm saying. No doubt Coach Ford is all you all are saying he is and I hope he is. Bottom line players win games.:popcorn:
The Cross Movement Wrote:Coach Ford spent most of today making house visits with the players. Needless to say if people knew some of the conditions these precious kids live in it would break their heart. Coach Ford cares about kids and this is more than just football for him. He wanted to be head coach at McCreary for all the rights reasons. To help kids!

I have no doubt that Coach Ford will be successful at McCreary Central. He has a Super who will support Football and the Kids are here to have a good team and be able to be competitive year in and year out. I think he has to get this group kids out and involved in winning. Then it will be easier in the future to get kids to play. Good luck to him and his staff. Looking FWD. to a good year. :Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead
I've seen a lot on here about Coach Ford and heard some out in town. Who is on his staff ? Anyone Know ?
When the administration wants to be successful, the Raiders will be successful. If you don't have administration support you have too large of an uphill battle.
We finally have a Super who wants Football, I can already see a difference.
Cellking Wrote:We finally have a Super who wants Football, I can already see a difference.

McCreary finally has a football coach that will build a program.
BossEric Wrote:McCreary finally has a football coach that will build a program.

Hope all you people are right. Time will tell. Anyone know how many showing up for practice ? :popcorn:
Sportsfanatic2015 Wrote:I've seen a lot on here about Coach Ford and heard some out in town. Who is on his staff ? Anyone Know ?

Staff to this point: Cody Smith (came with Ford from Somerset) Dustin Goins he has been Asst. at HS last couple years. Eric Privet has been Middle School Coach and helped some at HS past few years. I'm sure Coach Ford is still looking at this point. :closeenough:
Cellking Wrote:Staff to this point: Cody Smith (came with Ford from Somerset) Dustin Goins he has been Asst. at HS last couple years. Eric Privet has been Middle School Coach and helped some at HS past few years. I'm sure Coach Ford is still looking at this point. :closeenough:

Not a lot of experience in that group. Good Luck !:Thumbs:
Until the AD at McCreary is out there will be no building nothing.
Maroons Wrote:Until the AD at McCreary is out there will be no building nothing.

Many has been saying this for years. :biglmao:
U 2 are going to keep on until you pizz Boss Man off. LMAO
Pages: 1 2