•  Previous
  • 7(current)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hazard 2016
There are at least three freshmen that are going to be big time players. One will show up in a big way this year.
The physical maturation from last year to this year is very obvious. The O line is shaping up as a big physical bunch that moves well.
Jason Johnson will likley be the best reliever the teams on the schedule face this year. 6-3 and catches everything and is physical. Hard matchup for small corners especially
Corey Smith is 5-11 212 and runs 4.6 forty consistently. Very physical running back that gained 1600 plus last year as a sophomore behind a young and injured
Line. Very physical fast running back that can make people miss. Stupart and Francis will add to the backfield as well.
Blair looks very good early. Accurate and fast elusive runner. There will not be issues at QB if Blair can stay healthy.
Defensively this team has potential to be really good. Good enough to really change games.
If no catastrophic injuries and all are healthy at playoff time in my opinion Hazard can make a serious run this year although they will again be young. Last years injuries did indeed allow playing time for kids that would not have seen the field. That experience will show.
Great break down. I think Hazard will be much better than last year. I'm not knocking last years team but a year older and a QB as accurate and fast as Blair the Bulldogs will be dangerous...
I am eager to see this years defense on the field.
Hazard has a lot of talent and can make some noise. I've watched Hazard football for years and know their strengths and weakness so lets not fool ourselves, we've got work to do. The key to any successfully program is using talent in the right positions. Defensively we are weak in a couple positions, but hope these will be ironed out by opening day.
9 kids are from Perry Central and 8 of them start I believe so Perry gets half the Ws win they win.But Its going to change soon Perry will be back in a couple years.
hoghead Wrote:9 kids are from Perry Central and 8 of them start I believe so Perry gets half the Ws win they win.But Its going to change soon Perry will be back in a couple years.

Name those nine..... I can only think of Corey and Austin Smith
hoghead Wrote:9 kids are from Perry Central and 8 of them start I believe so Perry gets half the Ws win they win.But Its going to change soon Perry will be back in a couple years.

Kind of like colts getting the Super Bowl W instead of Broncos. Makes all kinds of sense. Or not really. I'd like hear who the 9 are
Hothead, I wanna know who the nine are, but the important question to ask is why did these kids leave. And, is PCC doing away with basketball? If their football program will be back in a couple years, basketball must be on its way out..PCC has never had any interest in their football program...
Football matters at most schools. Time and interest is invested by the community and the school.
At some it matters ranking just barely below varsity basketball, JV basketball, freshman basketball, middle school basketball, grade school basketball, preschool basketball, daycare basketball, neonatal basketball, prenatal basketball, soccer, lawn darts, maypole dance,...

Larkey and O will succeed anywhere if they get the support they need. It starts early in grade school. Don't start ANY basketball until Football Is OVER. Nothing. No open gyms. No pickup games in school gyms. No basketball until football is finished. Period.
Good luck with that.
It's common in a LOT of schools a specially in the mountains. Some schools haven't had football long but basketball has been there forever.
Larkey may be able to pull it off at Perry. Great coach.
Hope he gets everything he needs Starting with grade school support. PCC needs to be successful in football. Hope it happens. It will if Larkey and/or big O hand around long
Another 7 on 7 with belfry but @ belfry this time...
7 on 7 29th (Thursday) at Belfrey
Scrimmage Aug 11 Whitley County (home)
First game Pineville Aug 19 (away)

Time flys. It's here.
Hope to watch that scrimmage....
Hazard has got a good bunch of real good skilled players I didn't know what they got on the O line and D line but they should be pretty good Coach Dixon is a class act I wish them well
this year good luck Bulldogs
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:Hazard has got a good bunch of real good skilled players I didn't know what they got on the O line and D line but they should be pretty good Coach Dixon is a class act I wish them well
this year good luck Bulldogs

O and D lines should be petty solid...
Replacing Qb Cole Ratliff will be the key to hazard success this year. They did when Qb Tanner Morgan transfer. Now who steps up. :Cheerlead Go Dawgs :Cheerlead This could be the year if Qb has good year. I have know ideal on the Qb. :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:
64SUR Wrote:Replacing Qb Cole Ratliff will be the key to hazard success this year. They did when Qb Tanner Morgan transfer. Now who steps up. :Cheerlead Go Dawgs :Cheerlead This could be the year if Qb has good year. I have know ideal on the Qb. :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

I watched him 20 minutes at a 7 on 7 and they will be okay. He just needs to stay healthy..
Blair looks very good. Dangerous runner. Throws most of the throws well. Very good throwing on the move.
Smith, Johnson, Pelfrey, Fletcher the freshman, Whitaker all look really good. Many other kids better than expected also and will play.
Defensively this might be turn out to be a very good year as well. Big time changes that hopefully pay off.
A few kids will play both ways probably but very few.
This will be a much faster team overall than last years team for sure.
Think start time for Whitley Co scrimmage is 6:00. Whitley will be solid. Early neither will have much offense in so won't be able to tell much other than talent levels at positions.

One injury so far that is serious : may be a new face in Blue. If so BIG time good news.
Hope for good turnout at scrimmage. This has potential to be a good year for this team
Prayers for no injuries and recovery for those already injured on all the teams.
When it's all said and done these are all our kids regardless of which team they find themselves on. Hoping they ALL have an enjoyable year.
redstone1127 Wrote:Think start time for Whitley Co scrimmage is 6:00. Whitley will be solid. Early neither will have much offense in so won't be able to tell much other than talent levels at positions.

One injury so far that is serious : may be a new face in Blue. If so BIG time good news.
Hope for good turnout at scrimmage. This has potential to be a good year for this team
Prayers for no injuries and recovery for those already injured on all the teams.
When it's all said and done these are all our kids regardless of which team they find themselves on. Hoping they ALL have an enjoyable year.

:Thumbs:
Any more updates as this scrimmage game closes in...?
Correction: scrimmage 7:30
Hazard vs Whitley Co
At Hazard
redstone1127 Wrote:Correction: scrimmage 7:30
Hazard vs Whitley Co
At Hazard

Is this Thursday evening?
Yes. Thursday 8-11
7:30
Whitley will be solid this year I think. Lot back and good number of kids out. Will likley be much improved.
Will be interesting but neither team will show a lot of offense.
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)