Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Hazard 2016
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Hazard loses
Cole Ratliff
Jacob Blanton
Cade Fletcher
Dan Turner
KP Hastings
Austin Vernge
Joe Hurt

Hazard should return 8 on the offensive side of the ball and something like 7 on the defensive side.

I think the next 3 years could be one of those break out runs like from 2007-2012. The district next year should be much closer. I think 1 of the 2 will be in Bowling Green next year.
bac2369 Wrote:Hazard loses
Cole Ratliff
Jacob Blanton
Cade Fletcher
Dan Turner
KP Hastings
Austin Vernge
Joe Hurt

Hazard should return 8 on the offensive side of the ball and something like 7 on the defensive side.

I think the next 3 years could be one of those break out runs like from 2007-2012. The district next year should be much closer. I think 1 of the 2 will be in Bowling Green next year.

Gotta hand it to ya bac, you don't stay down long. 24 hours after an epic beatdown you are up and swinging.:redboxer: Pikeville is loaded all the way down through middle school, Hazard has to improve exponentially to even begin to think about Bowling Green...
jetpilot Wrote:Gotta hand it to ya bac, you don't stay down long. 24 hours after an epic beatdown you are up and swinging.:redboxer: Pikeville is loaded all the way down through middle school, Hazard has to improve exponentially to even begin to think about Bowling Green...

Wasn't really down. I didn't even get to listen to the game. My baby girl had her 1st birthday Friday. But yes there is always time to talk about the future. But u didn't disagree with me with me that Pikeville or Hazard should be in Bowling Green next year.
bac2369 Wrote:Wasn't really down. I didn't even get to listen to the game. My baby girl had her 1st birthday Friday. But yes there is always time to talk about the future. But u didn't disagree with me with me that Pikeville or Hazard should be in Bowling Green next year.

That's awesome man, congrats! Was kind of messin' with you. Hazard will be motivated to get better. Don't know who their future starts are but they need several people to step up.
Who has children during the playoffs? Control yourself bac.
Johnson and Smith back is a good start. Who will be the quarterback?
jetpilot Wrote:That's awesome man, congrats! Was kind of messin' with you. Hazard will be motivated to get better. Don't know who their future starts are but they need several people to step up.

*stars:HitWall:
E's Army Wrote:Johnson and Smith back is a good start. Who will be the quarterback?

Blair will more than likely play QB.
Hazard will still be very young but very dangerous.
Hazard will also be getting Braxton Whitaker back from season ending foot surgery. He should be 100% by spring practice. He will be back at safety on defense and probably play some receiver/running back on offense.
Coach Dixon has some fine young players for the next few years and I wish him the best. However, Pikeville has beaten their grade school teams for the past 3 years. This is not a good sign but his extra county kids that came from Perry may offset Pikeville. The Smith kid from Perry that transferred was all that saved them from a very poor season this past year.I hope Mark wins it all but it does not look good at beating Pikeville.
Enough with the dogging on this years Hazards team. They may have not ended on a good note against Pikeville but they end the season at 10-3. If I'm not mistaken that is the same record as last year team. This years team had new lines, offensive and defensive, a new QB(who done a great job by the way) and new corners. Now add to the fact that they lost half their team to injuries, and Id say well done Bulldogs on a good season. If no one noticed they had two more linemen out in the Pikeville game, Austin Smith and Trevor Coots. It was an uphill battle all season and they exceeded expectations. I wish the best to next years team but don't discount the impact these seniors had and they will be missed.
Paparazzi Wrote:Coach Dixon has some fine young players for the next few years and I wish him the best. However, Pikeville has beaten their grade school teams for the past 3 years. This is not a good sign but his extra county kids that came from Perry may offset Pikeville. The Smith kid from Perry that transferred was all that saved them from a very poor season this past year.I hope Mark wins it all but it does not look good at beating Pikeville.

The freshmen this year when they where in 8th grade they beat Belfry and Pikeville and got shocked by Letcher in the playoffs. But high school is different than grade school. If Hazard doesn't win a title by the time those kids graduate I will be shocked.
They have kind of been off the radar since 2011.
Paparazzi Wrote:Coach Dixon has some fine young players for the next few years and I wish him the best. However, Pikeville has beaten their grade school teams for the past 3 years. This is not a good sign but his extra county kids that came from Perry may offset Pikeville. The Smith kid from Perry that transferred was all that saved them from a very poor season this past year.I hope Mark wins it all but it does not look good at beating Pikeville.

Pikeville had a great middle school team this season, beat Hazard 27-6, but you are wrong about last 3 years, Hazard beat Pikeville at Pikeville last year 24-6, and the previous season(2013) they did not play.

To the first post about how many starters Hazard has back, technically they have 10 starters back on offense, Ratliff being the only starter.

On defense they must replace 3 starters, but they get back probably their best defense player Braxton Whitaker that missed most of season.

Hazard started 7 freshman Friday night against Pikeville

Yes Pikeville beat the brakes off us Friday night, but so did Mayfield couple years ago, and we were told we could not compete with them the next year, and it turned out pretty good for Hazard. Pikeville does lose a ton of seniors this year.

Good luck to Pikeville Friday night
I do agree that Hazard has a great group of freshmen and I was very proud of them playing against older kids. I think Hazard actually has a great group of kids in the 8th grade this year if everyone had played. I was referring to these kids when I said I had saw Pikeville beat Hazard 3 years in a row. I watched them in the 6th grade beat Hazard and this year but i'm not sure if they played a 7th grade game last year so I may stand corrected on that one. I hope you win every year guys and I am very proud of these freshmen.
Hazard will be good next year and real good in 2 to 3 years. Mark it down. QB position will be a big question mark.
CADEREECE Wrote:Pikeville had a great middle school team this season, beat Hazard 27-6, but you are wrong about last 3 years, Hazard beat Pikeville at Pikeville last year 24-6, and the previous season(2013) they did not play.

To the first post about how many starters Hazard has back, technically they have 10 starters back on offense, Ratliff being the only starter.

On defense they must replace 3 starters, but they get back probably their best defense player Braxton Whitaker that missed most of season.

Yes Pikeville beat the brakes off us Friday night, but so did Mayfield couple years ago, and we were told we could not compete with them the next year, and it turned out pretty good for Hazard. Pikeville does lose a ton of seniors this year.

Pikeville has 18 juniors on the roster this year! A great soph. QB and RB, and a bunch of very good young players. Don't know why Hazard wanted to be in Pikeville's district but looks like there will be several wars coming up, 2 a year some years!
Over half the players that start are from the County. Perry County going to have to keep their players at home instead of loseing the to Hazard, When Hazard win half the W should go to Perry Central
mysonis55 Wrote:They have kind of been off the radar since 2011.

2012 was the last year. They lost Austin Johnson one of the best defenders on the team who would of stopped runs from getting past the linebacker level.

2013 4 teams were close

2014 Williamsburg was clearly better then it was the next 3

2015 Paintsville and Pikeville are the best two teams then the rest on the east side
CADEREECE Wrote:Pikeville had a great middle school team this season, beat Hazard 27-6, but you are wrong about last 3 years, Hazard beat Pikeville at Pikeville last year 24-6, and the previous season(2013) they did not play.

I was counting The QB and a lineman that will be gone.

Defense I counted Cade, Jacob and Dan Turner and KP. But I hope many under estimate Hazard next year. I also think a few freshmen will play again next year as well.
jetpilot Wrote:Pikeville has 18 juniors on the roster this year! A great soph. QB and RB, and a bunch of very good young players. Don't know why Hazard wanted to be in Pikeville's district but looks like there will be several wars coming up, 2 a year some years!

I agree Pikeville will be the favorite next year but it will be much closer as quite a few skill positions and some lineman will be gone.
hoghead Wrote:Over half the players that start are from the County. Perry County going to have to keep their players at home instead of loseing the to Hazard, When Hazard win half the W should go to Perry Central

8th graders are free to choose where they want to go. Kids are welcomed to transfer anywhere if accepted.
Hazard was heavily dependent on sophomores and freshmen.
Freshmen
Stupart. Corner
Blair. Quarterback
Pelfrey. Y, safety
Baker. Corner, X
Brashear. DTackle
Brown. ILB. F
Adams. OT
Caudill. OT

Soph
Corey Smith. RB
Austin Smith. DT DE
Cade Hollon. DE. TE
Bryce spencer. OG
Robbie Davidson. LB
Tyler Collins. K

All these kids were starters full time. Four to six juniors rotated. Four seniors started.

Young team. Will be very solid next year and down the road. There are a handful of 8th graders that will see some time but most of team back
The four seniors that started and the others were very good. Will be missed.

Blair is an excellent quarterback if he can stay healthy. Corey Smith rushed for 1600 yards this year. Hollon and Austin Smith will lead a very strong DLine along with The Hill boys and Brashear.
All dbs were freshmen last year

Dixon and Fugate will have this team on another level next year. Older and stronger and talented.
There are others also not mentioned above that will be very good.
I think this group of kids will definitely be hard to handle in the next few years and will be adding a great freshman class next season as well. I think the quarterback position will be the problem. Blair is smart and very athletic but he gets injured a lot. Pikeville has a great junior class and a great sophomore quarterback and running back. If the bulldogs are going to beat them they have to get great play at quarterback.
Paparazzi Wrote:I think this group of kids will definitely be hard to handle in the next few years and will be adding a great freshman class next season as well. I think the quarterback position will be the problem. Blair is smart and very athletic but he gets injured a lot. Pikeville has a great junior class and a great sophomore quarterback and running back. If the bulldogs are going to beat them they have to get great play at quarterback.

I think Blair will do a fine job. Pikeville will be favored next year but the gap will not be that wide as this year.
Hazard has nothing to hang there heads about. Since 2012 they have lost to the team who went to state. That is not to shabby if you ask me.
Since 2012 Hazard has lost to 3 state runner ups and 1 state champion.
Heard jones the freshmen QB at knott an Tyler Kidd sophomore at knott has enrolled into hazard any truth to this?!!!
Football1245 Wrote:Heard jones the freshmen QB at knott an Tyler Kidd sophomore at knott has enrolled into hazard any truth to this?!!!

Any one have any updates?
Now I've heard that they haven't enrolled there yet but are planning on transferring
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7