Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell 2015/2016
What can we expect out of Russell and it's new head coach Jason Strader this season? Can we expect more than 6 wins? Russell lost 3 seniors last season in Silas Cox,Heath Hensley,Hunter Williams but return leading scorer and 3 point sharp shooter Junior Ethan Raby. Russell was fairly young last year so we will see what they have this year.
I believe Russell is a darkhorse for the sweet 16. Even though their concession is mediocre, I dont think thats enough to slow them down. Their hotdogs are absolutely splendid though and thats the X factor to carry them all the way to Rupp.
My son attended Coach Straders camp this past summer, I like him a lot and think he will do great.
Strader is an average coach at best. He is smart about the game but has a tendency to "complicate" or "try to hard" instead of simplifying the game and letting the kids play. The simplest coach I have ever met was Coach K, 2nd was Jim Boeheim. 2 legendary coaches. Sometimes simple is better. Back on topic, I do believe Russell will contend in the 16th Region.
checkmate9113 Wrote:Strader is an average coach at best. He is smart about the game but has a tendency to "complicate" or "try to hard" instead of simplifying the game and letting the kids play. The simplest coach I have ever met was Coach K, 2nd was Jim Boeheim. 2 legendary coaches. Sometimes simple is better. Back on topic, I do believe Russell will contend in the 16th Region.

Says more about how weak the 16th is than how much Russell will improve