Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Russell 2015/2016
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What can we expect out of Russell and it's new head coach Jason Strader this season? Can we expect more than 6 wins? Russell lost 3 seniors last season in Silas Cox,Heath Hensley,Hunter Williams but return leading scorer and 3 point sharp shooter Junior Ethan Raby. Russell was fairly young last year so we will see what they have this year.
I believe Russell is a darkhorse for the sweet 16. Even though their concession is mediocre, I dont think thats enough to slow them down. Their hotdogs are absolutely splendid though and thats the X factor to carry them all the way to Rupp.
My son attended Coach Straders camp this past summer, I like him a lot and think he will do great.
Strader is an average coach at best. He is smart about the game but has a tendency to "complicate" or "try to hard" instead of simplifying the game and letting the kids play. The simplest coach I have ever met was Coach K, 2nd was Jim Boeheim. 2 legendary coaches. Sometimes simple is better. Back on topic, I do believe Russell will contend in the 16th Region.
checkmate9113 Wrote:Strader is an average coach at best. He is smart about the game but has a tendency to "complicate" or "try to hard" instead of simplifying the game and letting the kids play. The simplest coach I have ever met was Coach K, 2nd was Jim Boeheim. 2 legendary coaches. Sometimes simple is better. Back on topic, I do believe Russell will contend in the 16th Region.

Says more about how weak the 16th is than how much Russell will improve