Poll: Who wins it?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Paintsville
75.00%
Shelby Valley
25.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville Vs. Shelby Valley
jetpilot Wrote:Why did they schedule the game then? Dinged-up player is one thing, making it a JV game is very different. Just schedule Berea if you don't feel like playing.

I assume they scheduled it for the same reason Belfry and Johnson Central scheduled their game in week 10. To prepare for the playoffs.

Whatever that specifically means for each team, who knows. Hopefully we see everyone play who is fully healthy and able to go.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Bet that JC/Belfry will play to win. They didn't get to the place they are by saving a player. That's the difference in a true football program and teams who have to wait every 10,15 or more years for a decent team to come along. Stepp had the right ideas,and he will tell you to this day that 1 person is why he left. Lets see what happens in next 4 years. They better start holding kids back twice like they are doing in girls and boys basketball. That's a whole other story where parents claim they are thinking of their kids welfare when they are really using their kids. They want their kids to Win!!!! What if you hold them back for two years and they Lose? Sorry for the rant. JUST PLAY THE GAME and remember it is JUST A GAME.
I don't like the idea of resting starters, unless you are playing a team in which a running clock is imminent. Even then, I think you get your starters a quarter or more of playing time. With that being said, this isn't going to be a "running clock game", with two of the best teams in the mountains, squaring off against each other. Although, a loss wouldn't mean anything to either team, with both teams already winning their respectable districts, but a loss could affect a teams psych, especially with how well both teams are playing. I think you want to go into the playoffs on a positive note. Also, I can see the argument of resting players, to avoid injuries, and getting an extra week or so of rest. I think if you are both teams, you play the game to win.

As far as the game goes, I like Shelby Valley to pull off the upset at home. I think the Wildcats are similar to Pikeville, as far as running the ball and being physical up front. Pikeville gave Paintsville all they wanted and more, and actually out played the Tigers for the majority of the game. Turnovers are a part of the game, and it cost Pikeville in the end. If Shelby Valley can limit their turnovers and keep Paintsville unbalanced on offense, I think they get the win, but if Paintsville can throw the ball effectively against the Wildcat defense, it could be a long night in the Valley. With that being said, I am sticking to my original prediction, Shelby Valley wins 28-24. Good luck to both teams.
jetpilot Wrote:I'm sure you will take 6 turnovers every time too. My point was SV backs can/did/will shred Paintsville.

And my point was that a good football team finds ways to win. Have you watched Paintsville play this year?
I think the game was originally scheduled for an earlier date but when East Ridge and Allen Central moved to 2A they had to move the game. I hope both teams play to win but even more importantly I hope they both stay healthy.
Tigers will play and then they will rest!!:truestory:
Sorry but I was in Belfry at a slobber knocking JV game last night. Belfry won 14-12. Good game to teach younger players. As for the Wildcat/Tigers game Friday. The team that rests its starters loses. Paintsville is resting no one. Shelby Valley has a decent running game but they have not run into a defense like Paintsville's in any of the games I've watched. People love to make the excuse of turning the ball over. The score is the only stat that counts in a football game. Most turn overs are caused by an aggressive defensive player and defense. Bad snaps are caused by a center being wore out by a tough nose guard or A gap blitzes confusing him. You can run or pass for 1000yds but if you don't score you lose. I'll be at the game with bells on, wouldn't miss it for the world. Oh, yeah. I almost forgot. Last year is gone.
"You can win no games on last years laurels"
Walter J Brugh 1978
I stay with my original prediction.
Tigers -38
Wildcats-14
If Shelby Valley continues to try onside kicks and gives Paintsville good field position it could possible end up like the Raceland game. The Tigers kicker will keep Wildcats pinned back on the 20 and they will have to drive the whole field to score. Field position is more important than most of you guys understand. It was one of the reasons we jumped on Raceland so fast.
Tigers 14+
BigMelon63 Wrote:Sorry but I was in Belfry at a slobber knocking JV game last night. Belfry won 14-12. Good game to teach younger players. As for the Wildcat/Tigers game Friday. The team that rests its starters loses. Paintsville is resting no one. Shelby Valley has a decent running game but they have not run into a defense like Paintsville's in any of the games I've watched. People love to make the excuse of turning the ball over. The score is the only stat that counts in a football game. Most turn overs are caused by an aggressive defensive player and defense. Bad snaps are caused by a center being wore out by a tough nose guard or A gap blitzes confusing him. You can run or pass for 1000yds but if you don't score you lose. I'll be at the game with bells on, wouldn't miss it for the world. Oh, yeah. I almost forgot. Last year is gone.
"You can win no games on last years laurels"
Walter J Brugh 1978

No one is making excuses for Shelby Valley. Turnovers are part of the game, and if you don't figure out how to stop them from occurring, you will lose to a good team. That's what happened last year.

But if someone asked a neutral observer how Paintsville won that game, what would they say? Did the Tigers control the line of scrimmage and shut down Valley's rushing attack? No, they didn't. The story of the game was written by SV's 6 turnovers. If you want to say Paintsville's defense forced them, fine, whatever. Still doesn't change the fact that the turnovers were the primary reason that SV failed to score more than 20 points.

And Shelby Valley has more than just a "decent" running game. They have been running roughshod over opposing teams for several games now. I don't think Paintsville's defense will be able to completely shut them down, unless they can force turnovers like last year. If SV has 6 TO's again, this game will get ugly in a hurry.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Paintsville is on a mission...
More Cowbell Wrote:No one is making excuses for Shelby Valley. Turnovers are part of the game, and if you don't figure out how to stop them from occurring, you will lose to a good team. That's what happened last year.

But if someone asked a neutral observer how Paintsville won that game, what would they say? Did the Tigers control the line of scrimmage and shut down Valley's rushing attack? No, they didn't. The story of the game was written by SV's 6 turnovers. If you want to say Paintsville's defense forced them, fine, whatever. Still doesn't change the fact that the turnovers were the primary reason that SV failed to score more than 20 points.

And Shelby Valley has more than just a "decent" running game. They have been running roughshod over opposing teams for several games now. I don't think Paintsville's defense will be able to completely shut them down, unless they can force turnovers like last year. If SV has 6 TO's again, this game will get ugly in a hurry.

Imo, Shelby Valley has a real chance of winning this game.TongueirateSho
Big Five-0- Wrote:Imo, Shelby Valley has a real chance of winning this game.TongueirateSho

I think they have a chance, too.

Obviously Paintsville is the favorite. The Tigers of course have that big win over Pikeville a few weeks ago. Then they have several blowout wins over solid opponents like Bourbon County, Fairview and Raceland. But I think that Valley's run game gives them a chance, if they can control the clock and keep Paintsville's explosive offense off the field.

This certainly has all the earmarks of a great matchup. The #1 team in 1A vs. the #5 team in 2A. I'm sure Kash and company will show up ready to play, and I'm expecting a full crowd in the stands at Robinson Creek.

Go Cats!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Yes, this one should have a good atmosphere for sure I hope both side of stands are full, this game is going to be a dandy for sure... Both teams will bring the A game for sure… This is also senior night for Valley and these boys don’t want to lose on their night.
TigerBlues Wrote:Last year was last year, totally different team(s) although it may not matter depending on how long the starters play but the reminiscing does make for good theories :argue:

Paintsville is 10x the defensive team they were last year. Offensively, they are using their backfield the way they should have last year. They truthfully had a better backfield last year, but they really didnt know how to use Hendricks in any other way than the Jet. This year, they are mixing things up and I expect them to open up the passing game a bit more as they go into the playoffs.

Shelby Valley has made a good turn around in the last few years as well and Ratliff is a good HC that has to credit a very potent rushing attack to that turnaround. With 1200, 700, and 600 yard rushers, but a QB that has thrown nearly 4x as many incompletions as he has attempts (13/43), will ultimately cause them to stumble. With that said I think this one ends up looking about like the Bourbon Co game.

Paintsville 47
Shelby Valley 28
What many people fail to realize is that Paintsville's offense can be explosive, but more importantly, methodic and take time off the clock. If they choose, they can completely put you to sleep with Kash picking up 4 and 5 yards a carry. Shelby Valley has a great backfield, but the difference will be when Paintsville manages to stop them when the get into the redzone. SV has no threat to pass, even less than what Raceland has and is weak on kickoffs, both things spelled disaster for the Rams, I think it will spell the same disaster for the Wildcats.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:What many people fail to realize is that Paintsville's offense can be explosive, but more importantly, methodic and take time off the clock. If they choose, they can completely put you to sleep with Kash picking up 4 and 5 yards a carry. Shelby Valley has a great backfield, but the difference will be when Paintsville manages to stop them when the get into the redzone. SV has no threat to pass, even less than what Raceland has and is weak on kickoffs, both things spelled disaster for the Rams, I think it will spell the same disaster for the Wildcats.

That sounds a lot like Valley's offense. They can score quickly if Tackett or Hampton gets loose, but they much prefer to slowly wear you down with Rowe picking up 4-5 yards a pop. That allows them to bleed the clock and keep the other offense off the field. IMO, being able to control the clock is a must for SV to have any chance to win, because Valley has been vulnerable to the pass all year and the Tigers should be able to exploit that.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
On a different note congrats to Kash Daniel and the All American ceremony at Paintsville High School today via Twitter video, pretty awesome for that school and city :1:
TigerFan3 Wrote:No golden eagle about it. They're true blue Tigers! And proud of it, it seems.

True blue tigers with golden eagle ties or should I say win by getting players from another schools district.
Answer this question and I will Leave it. Has any player for paintsville this year ever play for a school across the river?
What do you need to add to your 85 player roster? Yes JCHS has 85 players on their varsity team and 70 on their 8th grade team. Don't be a player hog!!!LOL! There are plenty of players to go around. Don't be a DICK!! There has been players from the county and vice versa since Johnson Central was opened. Big Friggin' deal. Go away Troll!!
BigMelon63 Wrote:What do you need to add to your 85 player roster? Yes JCHS has 85 players on their varsity team and 70 on their 8th grade team. Don't be a player hog!!!LOL! There are plenty of players to go around. Don't be a DICK!! There has been players from the county and vice versa since Johnson Central was opened. Big Friggin' deal. Go away Troll!!

That's what I thought. Can't answer the question in a language that fits your nerative so go to name calling. Can't win with what you produce so go after players you haven't produced at a young age and stand back and thump your chest and say look what we have done.
Still waiting on answer from my question.
I really get tired of people like you. You don't care about any of the kids. You hate Paintsville High School so much that all you want to do is see it fail. And if it is successful you come up with stupid stuff like this to try to make their success illegitimate in your eyes and try to convince others of the same. The thing is both these schools have been and always will be intertwined. Right now we are having success at the same time in football. Great let us all celebrate!!
You might as well call us the Red Devil, Greyhound, Panther, Bulldogs while you are at it!
BigMelon63 Wrote:I really get tired of people like you. You don't care about any of the kids. You hate Paintsville High School so much that all you want to do is see it fail. And if it is successful you come up with stupid stuff like this to try to make their success illegitimate in your eyes and try to convince others of the same. The thing is both these schools have been and always will be intertwined. Right now we are having success at the same time in football. Great let us all celebrate!!

Answer the question. What has paintsville developed and won with out JC middle school talent? Your stupid repsponses to my post I thank answer the question, nothing.
There are kids that went to the county schools at Paintsville. Are there any at JCHS? Think before you answer. It's a trick question.
My son went to Ann Mason elementary and Royal Springs Middle School. I guess using your logic he should only play for Scott County High School because he was developed by those school systems.
BigMelon63 Wrote:There are kids that went to the county schools at Paintsville. Are there any at JCHS? Think before you answer. It's a trick question.

County school at paintsville? The county school (jchs and jcms) is not paintsville independent.
LCC Wrote:Answer the question. What has paintsville developed and won with out JC middle school talent? Your stupid repsponses to my post I thank answer the question, nothing.

Isn't there twins that transferred from the Johnson Co middle school system this year ? Is that the answer you were looking for ?
TigerBlues Wrote:Isn't there twins that transferred from the Johnson Co middle school system this year ? Is that the answer you were looking for ?

Thank you. You said transferred from Johnson county middle school
LCC Wrote:Thank you. You said transferred from Johnson county middle school

Yeah they transferred. I don't get the rest of the bash though, nobody else on the team transferred from the middle school