Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 8 Ashland 7
Pulp Fiction Wrote:And yes as much as it pains me to say it....

Putnam is much better now. Better seats (but I stood the entire game) more bathrooms and concession stands are great.

Couldn't agree more with you. It's 100x better
Who won?
FBALL Wrote:South Warren may have something to say about that.

Agree with that. South Warren is 9-0 and has only allowed 41 points in those 9 games. I'll also add John Hardin as another contender as they are improving as the season progresses. JC and Ashland are two of the better teams but not the best IMO.
Haven't seen Kash play in person and know he is good but wouldn't trade O'Byran for him. Tennessee personal were their last night to watch Baker.
Bob Seger Wrote:Soooomebody's jealous.Confusednicker:
Considering O'Bryan has played better teams and continues to play like a man amongst boys, I believe he could run circles around Kash! O'Byan at linebacker last night covered sideline to sideline last night. When I see what Kash can do in college I will then correct myself if I was wrong. Its easy for a kid of his build and size to produce outstanding numbers against teams like they have played this season. Not taking away from Kash in any way, but I cant really look at the teams they are playing and think he's as legit as everyone makes him out to be. O'Bryan on the other hand gave Central fits last night. Thats all for now.
kybred Wrote:Agree with that. South Warren is 9-0 and has only allowed 41 points in those 9 games. I'll also add John Hardin as another contender as they are improving as the season progresses. JC and Ashland are two of the better teams but not the best IMO.
South Warren may or may not be the greatest thing since sliced bread, but there schedule has been very weak. Aside from Lexington Catholic and Ashland, Johnson Central's schedule has not been very strong either. However, comparing defensive stats of two teams that have played a slate of mostly weak teams is not very relevant. JC has used mismatches to develop depth and Matney has juggled his lineup to avoid early running clocks.

Nobody knows how South Warren compares to JC or Ashland, but I am certain that JC and Ashland are both much better than anybody that South Warren has played this season. Johnson Central could have compiled an impressive list of shutouts, but how does shutting out weak teams help prepare a team for the playoffs? It doesn't.
Truth Wrote:If Tomcat Pride and a few others were making the selections, we wouldn't have to play the season and playoffs. Baker and O'Bryan share the Mr. Football title, Ashland wins 4A, and Ashland dominates the all-state team. Fans is short for "fanatics". That sure applies to Ashlanders, doesn't it.

By the way, are Baker and O'Bryan going to The Ohio State, Alabama, Note Dame, or Baylor? From these Ashland posts, these guys have to be at the top of the list for these schools.

May not be likes of Alabama or such but they were the only two kids in the field holding D1 offers to my knowledge.
Tomcat Pride Wrote:Drew Obryan proved once again last night that he is the best linebacker in the state despite of all the drooling that Kash Daniel gets from the ADI and other local media. Its to the point that is getting hilarious to read. The best thing about Drew is that he acts like he's been in the spot light before. I also think that as we enter into the second part of the season he has to be featured more on offense for us to succeed.
While I agree with your point that O'Bryan Doesnt get enough attention. Better than Kash Might be a stretch. Remember Drew Has A lot of help Kash doesn't.
T-CATS Wrote:Haven't seen Kash play in person and know he is good but wouldn't trade O'Byran for him. Tennessee personal were their last night to watch Baker.

Why would Tennessee be there? Hasn't Baker closed his recruitment?.
T-CATS Wrote:Haven't seen Kash play in person and know he is good but wouldn't trade O'Byran for him. Tennessee personal were their last night to watch Baker.

Haven't seen him play, but would not trade him...Now isn't that a well thought out intelligent statement?:eyeroll:
Tomcat Pride Wrote:I love ya Painter but I'm sticking to my guns on this one. I've been in many battles on the field of play and I've never acted like that on the field and until this season I've never seen Quentin act like this and I'm not sure why he's doing it now. If it didn't happen why was he pulled of the field by the coaching staff for a series in the third quarter? Coach Love and Dowdy better get him straightened out because next week at Tates Creek and in the playoffs because non local officials won't put up with him acting like this and they will toss him. We all know what that means too because without Quentin he have no offense.

And here all week you and your other little minions have declared that we ARE NOT a one man team and Brown is just as capable as Baker as he is a potential D1 recruit as well. We have heard that over and over and over. Now which is it?

I sure hope that you have comforting friends with you at all times...You sure sound like a person in need of a round the clock suicide watch patrol.
In unrelated news a score from across the river.

Cabell Midland-67
George Washington-27

Just posted it because I know both fan bases are familiar with these 2 programs.
I'd say the difference in kash and Obryan could be the weight room. Both have proven themselves on the field and we all know what they can do but Kash is a beast in that dept to where Obryan has some catching up to do.
Tomcat Pride Wrote:I love ya Painter but I'm sticking to my guns on this one. I've been in many battles on the field of play and I've never acted like that on the field and until this season I've never seen Quentin act like this and I'm not sure why he's doing it now. If it didn't happen why was he pulled of the field by the coaching staff for a series in the third quarter? Coach Love and Dowdy better get him straightened out because next week at Tates Creek and in the playoffs because non local officials won't put up with him acting like this and they will toss him. We all know what that means too because without Quentin he have no offense.

You certainly are inviting several different questions with this post.

Are you now admitting that you wont have the likes of say, a Bobby Kouns around to assure ASH-land of preferential treatment?
:yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:
DevilWatcher Wrote:I'd say the difference in kash and Obryan could be the weight room. Both have proven themselves on the field and we all know what they can do but Kash is a beast in that dept to where Obryan has some catching up to do.

Reckon it also has something to do with Kash being a 4.5 speed linebacker ?
well that should shut the tomkittens up for awhile:hilarious:
Bob Seger Wrote:You certainly are inviting several different questions with this post.

Are you now admitting that you wont have the likes of say, a Bobby Kouns around to assure ASH-land of preferential treatment?

I doubt that Bob donned his whistle for this one. The penalty yardage was too similar.
Tomcat112087 Wrote:Why would Tennessee be there? Hasn't Baker closed his recruitment?.

I believe that one of the Johnson Central fans brought along a cousin who was visiting from Elizabethton, Tennessee.
Truth Wrote:I believe that one of the Johnson Central fans brought along a cousin who was visiting from Elizabethton, Tennessee.

:notworthy
Bob Seger Wrote:You certainly are inviting several different questions with this post.

Was listening to The Sports Guys on the Pikeville Station last Monday night & they were talking about places to play that you better be much better than the home team to come out a winner and the two places they talked most about was Hazard & Ashland. Said must be 14 points better to win in these two venues so with that being said if these two played on neutral field JC wins by 15. If they meet up at Eagle field look for JC to win 24+
If I'm not mistaken that next year or 10 years from now it will still be a JC win no matter what we post.
LCC Wrote:If I'm not mistaken that next year or 10 years from now it will still be a JC win no matter what we post.
sounds good to me, anytime Ashland loses to a team from EKY I'm happy with that
doubledown Wrote:sounds good to me, anytime Ashland loses to a team from EKY I'm happy with that

I agree
doubledown Wrote:Was listening to The Sports Guys on the Pikeville Station last Monday night & they were talking about places to play that you better be much better than the home team to come out a winner and the two places they talked most about was Hazard & Ashland. Said must be 14 points better to win in these two venues so with that being said if these two played on neutral field JC wins by 15. If they meet up at Eagle field look for JC to win 24+
Exactly!!

I had wondered if anyone else had thought in those terms when considering the worth of the automatic 14 point disadvantage even before the kickoff, when playing at the litter box.
[quote=Tomcat Pride]Wow what a game. It was like two heavy weight champs going toe to toe and punching it out. I know this post may cause some of my Tomcat brethren to be upset with me but I have to say it. I'm extremely disappointed with the way Quentin Baker acted both during the game and after the game. He was cussing his coaches and teammates the entire night. After the game he took off his helmet and pounded it to the ground and cursed at the coaching staff. During the game I saw him throw at least three different punches at the defeuhnders after they brought him down cleanly. I mean come on I hate Johnson Central as much as anybody but Baker was acting like a spoiled brat and Coach Love needs to show some balls and hold him accountable. Quentin has actred thuggish all year and if they don't get it under control its going to haunt Ashland in the playoffs. It's getting sickening to watch and something has to be done.
I'm extremely pissed right now over the way our stud is carrying himself on the field. He's not playing at Fairview! He's a damn Tomcat and he needs to start acting like it!

Hats off to Drew Obryan tonight. He played like a champion and led his team both on and off the field. Proud of you Drew![/QUOTE
Pretty classless . You say he don't play for Fairview ,& all your coach Love did was bash Fairview over players they had, but half of Ashland's team is former Fairview players ,& I mean starters . Kurtlen Brown , Jalen Thomas ( who by court ruling wasn't even supposed to be in Kentucky after his little run in with the law) ,& the Gobles come to mind right off top of my head . Fairview cleaned house ,& Ashland took them in . Old coach Love I know for a fact recruited a couple players there now ,& he tried his damnedest to get Alex Roy there but Alex was loyal to Fairview even when he knew he could leave because he always wanted to play where his dad went to school. My point is Fairview is cleaned up Ashland is doing exactly what Love excused Fairview of doing . What a hypocrite he is . Now you have the audacity putting Fairview down like they are scum , Ashland is so much better? What freaking snobs ,& hypocrites Ashland has become. * I know best to my knowledge Jalen doesn't start at Ashland , I realized how it typed out , so I want to clarify that *
Talon Wrote:[quote=Tomcat Pride]Wow what a game. It was like two heavy weight champs going toe to toe and punching it out. I know this post may cause some of my Tomcat brethren to be upset with me but I have to say it. I'm extremely disappointed with the way Quentin Baker acted both during the game and after the game. He was cussing his coaches and teammates the entire night. After the game he took off his helmet and pounded it to the ground and cursed at the coaching staff. During the game I saw him throw at least three different punches at the defeuhnders after they brought him down cleanly. I mean come on I hate Johnson Central as much as anybody but Baker was acting like a spoiled brat and Coach Love needs to show some balls and hold him accountable. Quentin has actred thuggish all year and if they don't get it under control its going to haunt Ashland in the playoffs. It's getting sickening to watch and something has to be done.
I'm extremely pissed right now over the way our stud is carrying himself on the field. He's not playing at Fairview! He's a damn Tomcat and he needs to start acting like it!

Hats off to Drew Obryan tonight. He played like a champion and led his team both on and off the field. Proud of you Drew![/QUOTE
Pretty classless . You say he don't play for Fairview ,& all your coach Love did was bash Fairview over players they had, but half of Ashland's team is former Fairview players ,& I mean starters . Kurtlen Brown , Jalen Thomas ( who by court ruling wasn't even supposed to be in Kentucky after his little run in with the law) ,& the Gobles come to mind right off top of my head . Fairview cleaned house ,& Ashland took them in . Old coach Love I know for a fact recruited a couple players there now ,& he tried his damnedest to get Alex Roy there but Alex was loyal to Fairview even when he knew he could leave because he always wanted to play where his dad went to school. My point is Fairview is cleaned up Ashland is doing exactly what Love excused Fairview of doing . What a hypocrite he is . Now you have the audacity putting Fairview down like they are scum , Ashland is so much better? What freaking snobs ,& hypocrites Ashland has become. * I know best to my knowledge Jalen doesn't start at Ashland , I realized how it typed out , so I want to clarify that *

Well now, I've never heard them described in quite those words.

:popcorn:
Why are you cupcakes still arguing about a game that is over with? Confusednicker: