Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Russell
64.29%
Raceland
35.71%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland @ Russell Predictions 10/30
Rams are playing less than inspired football right now. If that doesn't change.....Evils by Elventy billion. I don't know who that was that played Paintsville Friday night. It couldn't have been Raceland kids because they don't quit. If the Rams go out and get smashed by Russell Friday night they should just call the KHSAA and drop out of the Playoffs. If I was a senior I wouldn't want to go out like a little bitch. I would want to give it everything I got because this is it. There is no tomorrow!
The Ams should drop football and start a crochet club.
Maybe pick up soccer as a sport lol
DevilWatcher Wrote:Maybe pick up soccer as a sport lol

It'll be a cold day in hell before the Rams take up fùtbol. Maybe start a competitive eating team. :puking:
No way Rams lose 3 straight.

Raceland-26
Russell -20
FBALL Wrote:The Ams should drop football and start a crochet club.

I thought the evils dropped football years ago in favor of Varsity and JV Dwarf throwing team.
It's always been rumored that the AMS JFL field was intentionally narrowed (not 53 yards or so) to keep soccer away from Raceland when constructed to solidify it from being far away from soccer field dimensions.......and that Jimmy Hoffa is buried under the west end.
DevilWatcher Wrote:It's always been rumored that the AMS JFL field was intentionally narrowed (not 53 yards or so) to keep soccer away from Raceland when constructed to solidify it from being far away from soccer field dimensions.......and that Jimmy Hoffa is buried under the west end.

No rumor to it, it's fact. I don't see the big deal with soccer, at least it's another option for kids to get off the couch and be active.
Soccer sucks
And this season can't end soon enough
DevilWatcher Wrote:......and that Jimmy Hoffa is buried under the west end.

He's buried under our track. That's why we don't have a new one around the football field.
Our record isnt reflective of our schedule. It is reflective of our effort. We should have beat Fairview. Ashland, no. Valley, toss up, Paintsville, not sure we can beat them at our best. The record isnt the problem for me. Its losing without having put forth our best effort. That, imo, rests on the seniors shoulders. Time for them to step up and lead.
Rams laid down and have no fight in them. The so called senior lineman we have can't hold a block for more than 2 seconds. The center #56 seems to go through the motion most of time. Looked more at home as a tackle but got thrown around like a rag doll at center against paintsville. The other lineman big kid 78 I think doesn't block anything and there one more can't remember is number tall kid guard I believe. He won't block either. I say they need to dig a little deeper , cause the season is soon to be over in 2 more games. We can't keep going shot gun have to go under center. IT DOES NoT WOrk for the Rams. Do away with it. Very frustrating year.
this team is in trouble , to much outside interference . Family means different things to different people I guess
I agree with alot thats being said. This version of the Rams is unlike any I have seen. The junior and senior classes have played a TON of great football over the years. They have shown heart, desire, grit, toughness, determination, and played AS A TEAM leading up to this season. THAT is why so many of us felt that this team could finally get us to that next level. Where has it all gone? Its not a lack of speed, its not a lack of experience at QB, WR, or in the secondary. It is within their minds. If they flip "that switch", the switch that seemingly got flipped on in the 4th quarter against Fairview to take the lead, the switch that was on the entire game at Valley, the switch that won us the ball game at Lawrence County, the switch that almost shut everyone up about the passing attack against Portsmouth West when we scored 3 touchdowns in less than 2 minutes. THOSE ARE EXAMPLES OF WHAT THIS TEAM CAN BE and why we thought this team would be so special and why we are all so upset, imo. This team has it in them, but for whatever the reason, they dont want to play like it. Maybe they are burnt out, but if I were the coach and I had seniors walking on and off the field, not holding blocks, and just flat out laying down on the job, Id find an underclassmen that would atleast give me everything they had. The season is not over, these Rams CAN still make a run. Sadly though, Im not seeing anything that makes me believe that they will. A couple of statements I made earlier in the season were read by Kane Snyder. I made mention of him not looking like the back that he did last year, he responded to it via twitter and the following week started looking like the Kane I knew. I hope the kids are reading this crap and it sparks a fire in them. Something has to. I cant stand seeing so much potential wasted on lack of effort. Rant over....
To many outside distractions , this team is much as family as it would be if the hatfields married a McCoy , didn't really find this out till recently. Seen it myself teammates eating at the same restaurant won't even look at each other or talk . This team is split its over
Scotty your wondering what the problem is that's it , it's not about what's best for the team it's what about me , I should be playing here or I should be getting the ball more it's like a bunch of girls and that's exactly how they play
Maybe they are burnt out. I heard somewhere that you only get 3 good years out of your average hs player. If a lot of the seniors have been playing since they were freshman then they may have peaked last year if this is true. I have to say Scotty that you must not think much of Russell. Even with your Rams lack of effert,execution, uninspired play and desire you still believe they will beat Russell. You must think with all that's going south for Raceland they're still better than Russell. If both teams play to their potential I think it's a toss up game.
mightydog Wrote:Maybe they are burnt out. I heard somewhere that you only get 3 good years out of your average hs player. If a lot of the seniors have been playing since they were freshman then they may have peaked last year if this is true. I have to say Scotty that you must not think much of Russell. Even with your Rams lack of effert,execution, uninspired play and desire you still believe they will beat Russell. You must think with all that's going south for Raceland they're still better than Russell. If both teams play to their potential I think it's a toss up game.

Negative. Its a toss up if both teams come out firing on all chlinders. Russell's schedule is deceptive. Now here me out before you assume what I mean. I think Russell is a better team than they were weeks 3-5. Even though they havent faced a tough schedule, they have pretty much dominated the teams they were supposed to dominate. Raceland has been playing uninspired football. If the Russell that has been playing the last few weeks takes the field against the Raceland team that has taken the field the last 2 games, Russell will win easily. If the Raceland team that played Valley shows up, Raceland will win easily. To hell with the RCB. Its the Jekyll and Hyde Bowl. Idk how to pick.
That being said, neither team is as good as I expected them to be.
I don't think Russell has been as inconsistent as Raceland. They started out slow, didn't have a real identity. Had some injuries. Then did play one bad uninspired game against Fleming. But have found that missing identity and everyone is back from injuries. Not saying a few aren't nicked up a bit. Early in the season I would say that if Raceland was playing their best they would have won easily. But right now I don't believe they would. Everyone has fallen into their roll and seems to know what to do now. Plus #13 has really started coming into his own. McKee is back from his injury and has been throwing the ball real well.
It's over .. Russell by a lot
I've got a idea , scrap the RCB and have Paintsville come down and play Russell and we can call it the arrogance bowl . It will be cool Paintsville can bring their cash register and everything
Maybe Raceland can find a average not real good but average middle school team they could play Friday night and pull off a W maybe just maybe
This team has been bad from the start.Its sad it has taken you guys so long to see it.We can say what we want,what we think would fix it but the truth is the only thing that can fix it is the end of the season.For anybody who has not figured it out yet.
1) Raceland is never as good as Scotty says they are and
2) Raceland is never as bad as I say they are...... Hahahaha
Their just not good guys and have no chance of being good.
I still believe that Raceland had one of the toughest schedules in the area this year. They have played West Carter, Ashland, Lawrence County, Lucasville, Ohio, Fairview, Paintsville, and now Russell. Greenup was another game that was tough and Greenup is alot better this year. East Carter was there only game that was actually an easy night. The other 8 or 9 games were tough. That is why I think the game at Russell will end up being a close and great game for the rivals. Russell will need this win to have #1 seed in their district. They do not want Want West Carter end up with #1 team in district. They are playing good ball right now and you want to get home-field advantage. Another good thing is the weather is supposed to start improving late Wednesday night into Thursday and be sunny and clear and 60 degress on Thursday and Friday. We want good decent weather Friday night at Russell for the game Friday night. We have seen before when its pouring rain and bad weather what type of offense we had that night vs. Fleming. I am not saying that would happen again but I would prefer nicer weather for the game Friday Night.
The two loses that Russell has had over the last two years has been played in rainey weather. Pikeville last year and Fleming this year. The other loses they just got beat by a better team. Not to say Pikeville wasn't better, but they acted like they didn't want to be there, just like the Fleming game.
RAMDAD50 Wrote:This team has been bad from the start.Its sad it has taken you guys so long to see it.We can say what we want,what we think would fix it but the truth is the only thing that can fix it is the end of the season.For anybody who has not figured it out yet.
1) Raceland is never as good as Scotty says they are and
2) Raceland is never as bad as I say they are...... Hahahaha
Their just not good guys and have no chance of being good.

They were dreadfully bad at Paintsville. Against Fairview, they were starting to look really rough, but showed signs of life when they took the lead. They have never been what I thought they'd be in the preseason. I have no clue what to expect this week.
mightydog Wrote:The two loses that Russell has had over the last two years has been played in rainey weather. Pikeville last year and Fleming this year. The other loses they just got beat by a better team. Not to say Pikeville wasn't better, but they acted like they didn't want to be there, just like the Fleming game.

Last year, in almost identical conditions, Russell hammered a 6-0, top 5 ranked Mason Co. team on that very same field. No one could have foreseen how badly Russell would handle the wet, rainy conditions against Fleming. I'm choosing to believe that the Fleming loss was like a cold bucket of water being poured on the sleeping Devils and now they're wide awake.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Our record isnt reflective of our schedule. It is reflective of our effort. We should have beat Fairview. Ashland, no. Valley, toss up, Paintsville, not sure we can beat them at our best. The record isnt the problem for me. Its losing without having put forth our best effort. That, imo, rests on the seniors shoulders. Time for them to step up and lead.

krispy kreme.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:They were dreadfully bad at Paintsville. Against Fairview, they were starting to look really rough, but showed signs of life when they took the lead. They have never been what I thought they'd be in the preseason. I have no clue what to expect this week.

Before the season, I kind of wondered how Raceland would navigate arguably the toughest schedule in school history. The close loss to Valley was a good result considering the level of opposition, and there's no certainly no shame in losing by three touchdowns to Ashland this year.... but the loss to Fairview and the way they lost to Paintsville was surprising.

So far, I think the seminal moment of the season for Raceland was the game winning touchdown by Fairview. The sudden silence from the home stands at Ram Stadium was deafening. A week later, the Rams just didn't seem to have the resolve to fight back against Paintsville.