Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Raceland @ Russell Predictions 10/30
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Thoughts & Predictions
Who freakin knows lol never know which version of the two we will see. I will say this though, idk how Raceland will rebound after tonight.
I hate to say it but after watching the beating they took tonight I think emotionally this team is done. I hope I am wrong but after the past two weeks they just don't seem to have a passion and fire anymore and I see losses to Russell and then to Brossart in the playoffs.
Russell needs to win this one to claim the #1 seed in the district.
I think these teams are about as evenly matched as you can find in this part of the state. Gonna take Raceland in this one just on a gut feeling. 28-21.
Russell wins big. 35-0
Russell is likely going to flat out humiliate Raceland. These 2 teams are headed in opposite directions. I bet more Rams believe in the guy on the Russell sideline than their own coach at this point. At least that's the way they are playing. They have put out some embarrassing efforts. I expect them to lay down at the first sign of adversity. Russell is rolling.
I don't know if Russell is physical enough to play with the Ams. They are soft as a nerf ball from what I hear.
These last two weeks have been some of the worst football I've seen from Raceland in a long, long time. The whole team is in disarray and it starts at the very top.

I honestly think Russell wins this one with ease, possibly a running clock.
nekysportsfan Wrote:Russell is likely going to flat out humiliate Raceland. These 2 teams are headed in opposite directions. I bet more Rams believe in the guy on the Russell sideline than their own coach at this point. At least that's the way they are playing. They have put out some embarrassing efforts. I expect them to lay down at the first sign of adversity. Russell is rolling.

I agree about the coaching...Mike is a good guy and coach just don't think he is a head coach...I don't think Tj will run the score up on the Rams if he has the chance he has to much respect for the Rams....
I don't think Raceland has to worry about the Devils running up the score. This one is going to be a real barn burner at the Hank. I'll say Russell in a close one but the Rams will play their tails off.
Russell wins this one raceland will not stop #3 and #4 and they will have trouble with #63 and #50 when Russell is on defense
Going to be nice to my 1A raceland fans. :pondering:

Russell 49
Raceland 21
Russell is getting better. Raceland is headed the other direction. Russell by 10. But I'll put my money on Raceland against Brossert.
E's Army Wrote:Russell is getting better. Raceland is headed the other direction. Russell by 10. But I'll put my money on Raceland against Brossert.

Who is the 4th place team in this district with paintsville,fairview and raceland.?
S*** I forgot my I-Con. :Cheerlead
There is no 4th place team it comes from another district w 6 teams. Not sure who it will be.
I believe Russell has found themselves offensively. The Fleming loss may have been a blessing in disguise. I know the competition hasn't been great, but I don't think they put up those numbers against the same teams earlier in the season. Early on they looked a little lost. Some players have found their identity now and it shows.
Raceland has played a tough schedule this year except maybe 2-3 teams that was easy wins. West Carter, Ashland, Lucasville,OH, Lawrence, Fairview, Paintsville, and even Greenup is tougher this year! Its been a tough schedule this year. I do think the Fairview game was a tough one to swallow and that seemed to change how this team was playing and then Paintsville just killed them Friday Night. The last 2 games have been the worse I have seen from a Raceland team in a long time.

Does Raceland have Injuries right now that is hurting the team? I was just wondering if Injuries might have cost Raceland in last 2 games?
Absolutely not. Losing Clark hurt us against Fairview, but against Paintsville, we looked like we werent even trying. Maybe Paintsville was just that much better than us, but I think our lack of intensity and seemingly a lack of giving a crap is what made us look as bad as we did against the Tigers. Hopefully someone steps up and gets everyone's head and heart back into. This team has alot of potential, but potential doesnt win games and at this point, I am still a die hard ram fan, its just hard to pick a team that has seemingly lost interest in fighting.
64SUR Wrote:Who is the 4th place team in this district with paintsville,fairview and raceland.?
Berea will be 4th place team in district 6. they finished 5th in their district so the get bumped up to 4th in ours
red devils by eleventy billion
if im reading this right it goes like this. #1 Paintsville vs #4 bracken county...#2 Fairview vs #3 Nicholas county...#3 raceland at #2 bishop brossart...#4 Berea at #1 paris
good luck to both teams in this rail city rivalry. yes raceland had a beefy schedule. kudos to them for that. Fairview also had great schedule this year. I would say Paintsville had the cupcake schedule for sure besides Pikeville and district play
scrappy coco Wrote:red devils by eleventy billion
that's for ram-a-devil for sure:redboxer:
david5164 Wrote:Raceland has played a tough schedule this year except maybe 2-3 teams that was easy wins. West Carter, Ashland, Lucasville,OH, Lawrence, Fairview, Paintsville, and even Greenup is tougher this year! Its been a tough schedule this year. I do think the Fairview game was a tough one to swallow and that seemed to change how this team was playing and then Paintsville just killed them Friday Night. The last 2 games have been the worse I have seen from a Raceland team in a long time.

Does Raceland have Injuries right now that is hurting the team? I was just wondering if Injuries might have cost Raceland in last 2 games?

If I remember correctly, Ram fans wanted an even tougher schedule. You wanted to play Johnson Centrel and maybe a northern my team. This years schedule has been to much. You may want to dial it down some. Otherwise these are the results you will have most years. Unless you want a tough one to get you ready for the playoffs and concead a good record. Then you have to worry about injuries.
Russell by 3 TD's
Injuries is Not the problem , josh Clark was out and Cameron Webb got hurt early in the game but still not the issue . Against Paintsville two lineman two very good defensive players one strarts both ways didn't play first quarter coach's decision. This team has a lot of talent but not a lot of care , salmoms is taking a lot of shit on here , he can't go on the field and do it for them, I had some concerns about some plays that's were called but after talking to my son it was his fault . It's week 9 and Raceland had seniors not knowing the play. Coach salmons is tuff on kids I truly believe harder on some more than others but he's being let down by some he considers leaders. I with a lot of the other fans and parents we are frustrated and let's be honest mike is a easy target, I know he works on plays at practice over and over but still have older kids not know them, he goes over what the other team is gonn do on offense over and over puts them in the right spots but they don't make plays they have quit and they quit during the game last week . Kash throws a slant db gets best bad and runs about 5 yards and stops on about the 40 and watches the Paintsville player run into the endzone. This team was told by us , how good they were and just felt like they could show up and other teams would lie down , Paintsville wanted that game more than Raceland did they wanted that games since Raceland beat them in the regional championship last year and it showed
Watched film of the game , it wasn't our line they played pretty good it was our linebackers , dbacks and on offense it was our qb and skill kids there were holes but the backs missed them , qb should know if a corner jumps a route he pumps and hits a go route and if he steps into the throw in the endzone instead of trying to throw it perfect it's gets there sooner and it's a touchdown
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:Thoughts & Predictions

Red Devils 28-21
Pages: 1 2 3 4