Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Russell
64.29%
Raceland
35.71%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland @ Russell Predictions 10/30
I'll be your Huckleberry!!! One of my favorite movies!!!

anotherfootballnut Wrote:Ironton is not very good , beechwood and Ashland are the only good teams they've played they are playing in the ovc which are teams Ironton would beat by 40 if they were any good and their best player is out, so no Russell's win at Ironton is not s big deal . Lucasville would beat Ironton by 30

Valley would not beat Ironton by 30. Wheelersburg is not a good team? The same team that just smoked Valley but only beat Ironton 14-6

The Ams are in big time free fall and all you can do is say the teams and players that beat them aren't very good. That makes this very entertaining.
Changing offenses, changing defenses.light a fire.

Looks pretty desperate.
I dont see much being changed offensively maybe a few packages or sets here and there, but we are who we are at this point. Things have either hit rock bottom completely and there's no getting out of this slump/hole, in that case, we will leave Russell with another horrid loss. If this team has any fight left in them whatsoever, a win over the Devils could get us back in the swing of things.
FBALL Wrote:Valley would not beat Ironton by 30. Wheelersburg is not a good team? The same team that just smoked Valley but only beat Ironton 14-6

The Ams are in big time free fall and all you can do is say the teams and players that beat them aren't very good. That makes this very entertaining.

It is what it is that's my opinion .. Next why do you think I'm trying to make Raceland look better because I'm not , imo they are done but Ironton is still not very good
Better than Valley. Better than Raceland.
rams pull off the upset against russell and possibly cause unexpected turmoil in 3a district 5 and 6.
Hope you're right Dogbyte!!! A win could be a massive season changer for this team. If they can come out of Russell with a win, I think it will completely change the outlook on this team and erase some of the crap that has come along with losing to Fairview, at home, on senior night, after finally waking up in the 4th quarter and taking the lead, only to watch it erased in less than a minute. Will a win mean we are any more likely to win the region? Most likely not, I think Paintsville is better than us at our best, but if we can get a victory tomorrow night, I think it makes us atleast seemingly relevant again in the region and at the very least, saves the season from being what many (myself included) a total disaster.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Hope you're right Dogbyte!!! A win could be a massive season changer for this team. If they can come out of Russell with a win, I think it will completely change the outlook on this team and erase some of the crap that has come along with losing to Fairview, at home, on senior night, after finally waking up in the 4th quarter and taking the lead, only to watch it erased in less than a minute. Will a win mean we are any more likely to win the region? Most likely not, I think Paintsville is better than us at our best, but if we can get a victory tomorrow night, I think it makes us atleast seemingly relevant again in the region and at the very least, saves the season from being what many (myself included) a total disaster.
well raceland beat lc with less than a minute to go. i believe last year lc won a game on the last play and then the next week they lost a game on the last play. this year lc had the lead on on belfry with less than 2 minutes to play and lost. thi\s game can drive you nuts if you let it it. rams are a good team that has the ability to beat russell and have momentum going into playoffs. big rival game so stats, records do not matter.
Russell 27
Wasteland 13
I believe that this game means so much more to Russell than Raceland this Friday due to getting #1 Seed in region 5 over West Carter. I also see playing at home helps Russell win this game Friday night with the #1 Seed in Region 5 up in the air for Russell to claim with a Win! Its also big that Raceland has taken the last 5 games after Russell won the first matchup back in 2007 when Raceland vs. Russell started playing again each season. They know going into the game they win and they have home-field with claiming the #1 Seed in 3A Region 5. With this I see Russell winning this in a tough game 28-14.
Shouldn't be to many surprises Tj took Racelands offense to Russell , coach hoof who brought that offense to Raceland a few years ago is up top
Should be a good game between two very similar teams both in scheme and athleticism. Biggest difference is Raceland has no confidence at this point,
If Raceland can stop the run this game is going to be very interesting cause Russell cannot pass the ball at all. The lack of balance on offense and consistency on defense could be the right brew for a good game at the Hank cause I don't care what the Rams trend or record is history has told us when they play the Devils they will be ready to strap em up tight.
Devils-20

Rams- 16
THINBLUELINE411 Wrote:If Raceland can stop the run this game is going to be very interesting cause Russell cannot pass the ball at all. The lack of balance on offense and consistency on defense could be the right brew for a good game at the Hank cause I don't care what the Rams trend or record is history has told us when they play the Devils they will be ready to strap em up tight.

I will agree there's no love lost between these two teams so maybe the Rams show up tonight
After playing both early I would have said Raceland wins but Russell seems to be playing better and Raceland worse. Still I have a gut feeling Raceland shows up and finds a way to win 21-18.
Hard to believe we have reached the final game of the regular season. Here's to hoping the real Rams finally show up and light a spark before the playoffs start up. If not, its a long way to NKY to drive back home with a first round loss to Bishop Brossart. This game, imo, sets the tone for what will or will not be for the Rams post season.
Fun fact, Raceland has never won against a Maynard coached team. Maynard owned us from 1997-2004 and it only stopped when Maynard joined the Rams staff.

With that said, I have a good feeling that the Rams will play better tonight than they have in the past few weeks and I think they can pull it off. It is going to take a complete team effort and a full 4 quarter game but I think they can do it.

Raceland 26
Russell 24
Love the Rams .. Raceland 26 Russell 12
THINBLUELINE411 Wrote:If Raceland can stop the run this game is going to be very interesting cause Russell cannot pass the ball at all. The lack of balance on offense and consistency on defense could be the right brew for a good game at the Hank cause I don't care what the Rams trend or record is history has told us when they play the Devils they will be ready to strap em up tight.

If you looked at the stats in today's paper, Russell's qb has one of the highest completion percentages, one of the best rd to int ratios, and has over 600 yes in 7 games. And he didn't at in about half of the Irony in game. And he didn't throw much In the 4 blowout games. He did have some good yardage against Bath though. So to say they have no passing game whatsoever isn't true. Thats ok though. I hope the Ram defensive backs read and buy into that.
^^^may not matter if they did or not lol. I dont get concerned wbout offenses that only throw the deep middle/streak routes. We defend those pretty well. Its when teams that have a QB with a quick release that worry me. Our corners are 10-12 yards off the LOS, all it takes is a quick slant or pass to the flat and you essentially have a running game (see Fairviee circa 2015)
Stop Conley Raceland wins. Don't stop him you lose. It's that simple for the Rams. Good Luck to both.
After three overmatched opponents in a row, tonight we'll find out just how much Russell has grown since the Fleming Co. debacle. I think they've grown quite a bit. Not to mention, they're healthier than they've been since the Ironton game. Should be a great atmosphere.

Russell 34
Raceland 20
samson81 Wrote:After three overmatched opponents in a row, tonight we'll find out just how much Russell has grown since the Fleming Co. debacle. I think they've grown quite a bit. Not to mention, they're healthier than they've been since the Ironton game. Should be a great atmosphere.

Russell 34
Raceland 20

I agree. I'm getting ready to leave to eat at the spaghetti dinner at the Jr High. Lets do it
Weak crowd so far on both sides.