Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland vs Fairview 10/16
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Friday is shaping up to be an incredible night for football in EKY. Cool and clear is the forecast (for right now, but give it 30 mins and that can change). Should be pretty good conditions for a throwing team like Fairview. Raceland needs to keep locked in on Washington and get in Roy's face early and often. Paintsville had him rattled. I figure he and Washington will hook up for a couple big gains and a TD or 2. Much like they did against Paintsville, I think Raceland's DL is a little quicker than Paintsvilles and only running a 4 man front will allow us an extra DB if we need it. I think as the season gets deeper and deeper you will see Davidson on the field more on the defensive side of the ball as well. I hope I am right when I say that my gut tells me Raceland is gearing up for a run and the following games, help us out during that run.

1. West Carter: Showed us that a team can beat you multiple ways and if you over look someone, it can make your evening that much mire difficult. Special teams were exposed in week 1, since then our kick coverage and onside/squib kicks have been solid.

2. Ashland- The 2nd and 3rd quarters Showed us that if we play with heart and desire, we can hang with just about anyone, if we come out in the 1st like we did in the 2nd, thats a totally different ball game.

3. Greenup- We can win close ball games and our defense really anchors our entire team.

4. Valley/Portsmouth/Lawrence: Our offense can be explosive and consistent. Though we lost 1 out of the 3 games, we were right in the thick of it to end Valley's streak, just ran out of time. We can play physical on both sides of the football and not just within our defensive front 7.

These games will pay off big for us as we approach our goals. I dont think we will be over looking anyone from here on out. Man its only monday...this sux lol

Nathaniel is going to have to play defense for the the Rams to get where they want to go , he's been banged up this year and with playing qb it was a good idea to get him as much rest on his ankle as possible and They've won without him , and Blake has played ok at times he's just not as physical or instinctive as Nathaniel , I look for him to play some this week just to get some reps but be back totally in the Paintsville game . And that gives Raceland the same front 7 that shut Paintsville down last year imo their offense was better last year belcher started as a sophomore at Johnson central and was a stud there . I just don't see what all the hype is about Paintsville they are the same team as they were last year
Paintsville is good. We cant come out sloppy against them. But, with that said, I wont be strayed on my statement of the Rams, Panthers, or Tigers being seperated by much if any. Imo, Pikeville has been what I thought they would be, Paintsville has overachieved, and Raceland has underachieved. Also, imo, Raceland has yet to play their best football this year and that starts to change this week. All the tough games we have been in are going to pay off, like they always do.
You need to go back to the film room coach.
scrappy coco Wrote:excuse me. mr. Washington at coal grove?..hmm good game. I don't think so. mr roy has thrown balls in the dirt and over thws at least 5 times a game. there are more than those two on this team. that's the problem too many people think Fairview they think Washington and roy! wrong!!. imo roy has not been as good as last year. ive watched every game. so talon watch all the game not just the highlights
Quit acting butt hurt Scrappy. I agree Alex hasn't been as good as he can because he is constantly running for his life because the line play has been so weak . Hard to make good throws when the line isn't blocking . Basically the line seemed non existent this past Friday as well as several other games . For instance #67 causes us dumb penalties seems like every single game & he is constantly doing a extremely poor job blocking. He plays scared . Go look at the video Kashmir Daniel has on his twitter giving our player a power bomb & you'll see 67 tuck tail & back away like scared little puppy . That was embarrassing .
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Nathaniel is going to have to play defense for the the Rams to get where they want to go , he's been banged up this year and with playing qb it was a good idea to get him as much rest on his ankle as possible and They've won without him , and Blake has played ok at times he's just not as physical or instinctive as Nathaniel , I look for him to play some this week just to get some reps but be back totally in the Paintsville game . And that gives Raceland the same front 7 that shut Paintsville down last year imo their offense was better last year belcher started as a sophomore at Johnson central and was a stud there . I just don't see what all the hype is about Paintsville they are the same team as they were last year

Blake is a really good pass rusher from his LB spot and times his blitzes really well. But he doesnt quite cover as good as Nathaniel. I think that is why you may see us go to more of a nickel package against Fairview and other passing teams. Using Bailey and Blake at LB to rush and drop Nathaniel back into coverage giving us an extra DB. The development of Cam Webb at DB/WR has really impressed me. Imo, the next few years really lacked a go to WR, I think he will fill that role nicely. Our secondary really isnt as bad as it seems on paper, a few early season instances where they seemed a little lost allowed for some big pass plays, but for the most part they have done a good job. Though they are not nearly as tough on the run as the last two years DBs were. But, I still think we have all the pieces in place to make a big run to close out the season. We arent flashy, we dont hit big homerun 70-80 yard TD runs or receptions and there's nothing wrong with that. I think many were concerned with that because it is what we had come accustomed to seeing out of Josh, Mav, and Connor. Cant wait for Friday!!
Raceland 40 Fairview 16
Talon Wrote:Quit acting butt hurt Scrappy. I agree Alex hasn't been as good as he can because he is constantly running for his life because the line play has been so weak . Hard to make good throws when the line isn't blocking . Basically the line seemed non existent this past Friday as well as several other games . For instance #67 causes us dumb penalties seems like every single game & he is constantly doing a extremely poor job blocking. He plays scared . Go look at the video Kashmir Daniel has on his twitter giving our player a power bomb & you'll see 67 tuck tail & back away like scared little puppy . That was embarrassing .
#5 who weighs 140 lbs. got body slammed. not much of a move. hes little. as far as you calling out lineman. I don't agree with ya there at all. it just seems to me qb and wr never do no wrong and are running for their life is absurd. but whatever ya think talon. im not gonna sit here and let you bash the rest of the eagles. its more than just two players on this team
Talon Wrote:last night was one of the poorest efforts I seen out of Fairview since about 2000 . Fairview has been jekyll & Hide this year . One week FHS plays fired up ,& the next week like they don't even try . Last night Antwan Washington ,& Alex Roy are the only players I seen put forth any effort ,& the only 2 who has been consistent with effort all year .
so let me get this straight...talon has been quoted saying that nobody else on Fairview does anything. gives no effort. well im sure there is a lot of people who disagree with you. seems talon thinks there is only a copule of players on this team. good luck to all the boys play hard and block out the noise!!
Raceland by as many as they want. Will be same story against Paintsville next week. Rams best team in East by far.
Last week I had Paintsville 49-14, they dominated early & despite three forced turnovers underperformed a little & played starters well into the 4th to put it away. Let's see if Raceland has finally put it together after a tough couple non district games. Raceland 42 Fairview 7
I am a huge Raceland fan. That being said, if the QB continues to be the main running back for the Rams we won't get any better! We have three very good running backs that have three different running styles. One or two QB rushes keeps the "D" honest but after a while it takes a toll on him and gets us nowhere. Carson is very quick, Walker fast and Cain will run over anything in his way! Why not use them that way? If we continue the slow starts and calls, Fairview has a chance to beat us.......The kids feed off play calling. Also, at times our Line looks great and other times looks slow and weak, don't get how they turn it on and off. Raceland has a chance of being Very Good! We have not even came close to playing our best football yet!
GoHerd_22 Wrote:Raceland by as many as they want. Will be same story against Paintsville next week. Rams best team in East by far.

^Confusednicker:
that's right Wrote:I am a huge Raceland fan. That being said, if the QB continues to be the main running back for the Rams we won't get any better! We have three very good running backs that have three different running styles. One or two QB rushes keeps the "D" honest but after a while it takes a toll on him and gets us nowhere. Carson is very quick, Walker fast and Cain will run over anything in his way! Why not use them that way? If we continue the slow starts and calls, Fairview has a chance to beat us.......The kids feed off play calling. Also, at times our Line looks great and other times looks slow and weak, don't get how they turn it on and off. Raceland has a chance of being Very Good! We have not even came close to playing our best football yet!

Per Khsaa:
Snyder 108 carries for 601 yards and 8 tds
Christian 71 carries for 344 yards and 2 tds
Davidson 79 carries for 301 and 6 tds

No where near the numbers we have grown accustomed to. But they are getting the job done. I agree 100% that we have get to play our best ball game. Though I am glad to see us be able to finish games in different ways. Looking foward to the run that I think we are fixing to go on.
GoHerd_22 Wrote:Raceland by as many as they want. Will be same story against Paintsville next week. Rams best team in East by far.

Paintsville by 14.
I also agree that too often we run Iso and Delay too much on third down.
#beatdown
that's right Wrote:I am a huge Raceland fan. That being said, if the QB continues to be the main running back for the Rams we won't get any better! We have three very good running backs that have three different running styles. One or two QB rushes keeps the "D" honest but after a while it takes a toll on him and gets us nowhere. Carson is very quick, Walker fast and Cain will run over anything in his way! Why not use them that way? If we continue the slow starts and calls, Fairview has a chance to beat us.......The kids feed off play calling. Also, at times our Line looks great and other times looks slow and weak, don't get how they turn it on and off. Raceland has a chance of being Very Good! We have not even came close to playing our best football yet!

I agree to many qb rushes up the middle but to say Carson is quick is just nonsense he's the slowest back including qb his struggles this year have come from the line not being able to hold blocks and he can't get threw the hole quick enough that's why Kane and Nathaniel run so much but imo I think Bailey needs more carries , Nathaniel runs the ball 12-16 times per game , give Bailey half of those and a couple of Cason's , Carson would be a great receiver good hands and good in space he makes really good cuts just not very fast or quick , I really think he's in the backfield because he's a good blocker .
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Per Khsaa:
Snyder 108 carries for 601 yards and 8 tds
Christian 71 carries for 344 yards and 2 tds
Davidson 79 carries for 301 and 6 tds

No where near the numbers we have grown accustomed to. But they are getting the job done. I agree 100% that we have get to play our best ball game. Though I am glad to see us be able to finish games in different ways. Looking foward to the run that I think we are fixing to go on.

That's 3 backs with a combined average of 4.8 per carry with Racelands schedule they played this year I'll take that all day
I agree. Our main offensive issue comes on second down situations. Seems like we always end up with a long 3rd down of 5 yards or more. With Bailey seeming to have fixed alot of his problems (fumbles and issues with the playbook), I think his carries will increase, which should help us out alot.
Just heard Damon broke his leg Monday night , if that's true I wonder if the play calling will change not having Nathaniel run as much since the backup qb is out for the year
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Just heard Damon broke his leg Monday night , if that's true I wonder if the play calling will change not having Nathaniel run as much since the backup qb is out for the year

Hope that's not true, Damon is an excellent QB. But if it is true, my guess is that Carson is taking a whole lot of snaps in practice this week.
I would say the game plan stays about the same. You may see more of dive/blasts with Bailey going between the tackles apposed to running Iso so often with Davidson. I hate to hear that about Damon. But, if something were to happen and Nathaniel go down, Im confident in Carson's knowledge of the playbook and being able to take over if need be.

Another note. I think we are all going to be surprised at the play calling once we get into these district games. We have shown little glimpses of different things in several games this year, but we havent done them week in and week out, almost as if the staff is trying to keep from exposing certain things. If I am right, it will be hard to load the box on us, moving foward through the rest of the season. Then again, I could be totally wrong.
BOOGIE WOOGIE MAN Wrote:Hope that's not true, Damon is an excellent QB. But if it is true, my guess is that Carson is taking a whole lot of snaps in practice this week.

I wouldn't think he could take a lot of snaps they are preparing for district play so you can't take snaps from Nathaniel at practice for just in case resins plus Damon wasn't playing any varsity the only loss is if something happened to Nathaniel , that was my question . Will the play calling change when there's basically no back up qb
I think it has to change the approach a little bit, but I dont think it will much. Its a good thing Nathaniel is back to 100% though. I havent heard of any setbacks to him in that regaurd.
anotherfootballnut Wrote:I wouldn't think he could take a lot of snaps they are preparing for district play so you can't take snaps from Nathaniel at practice for just in case resins plus Damon wasn't playing any varsity the only loss is if something happened to Nathaniel , that was my question . Will the play calling change when there's basically no back up qb

Was just meaning he'd be taking snaps just to be prepared in case Nathaniel went down with an injury. You know he'll be targeted, especially if the opposition knows the Rams have no backup QB.
Carson is completely capable of running the offense. It may take a little more of a wildcat approach, but I think that is a package we have seen very little of for a reason this year, our scheme wont be much different moving foward, but no matter what, I think there are plays that we have only ran a handful of times this year, that we are going to see more of.

We are nowhere near as explosive as last year. But we do have close game experience, having played the schedule we have, and being Healthy (outside of Damon) will make a massive difference from here on out. In the past, I worried about us being able to win close ball games. But since the valley game, we have been able to make adjustments and find a way to win or put teams away. Thats a mentality that this team didnt have weeks 0-4.
anotherfootballnut Wrote:I agree to many qb rushes up the middle but to say Carson is quick is just nonsense he's the slowest back including qb his struggles this year have come from the line not being able to hold blocks and he can't get threw the hole quick enough that's why Kane and Nathaniel run so much but imo I think Bailey needs more carries , Nathaniel runs the ball 12-16 times per game , give Bailey half of those and a couple of Cason's , Carson would be a great receiver good hands and good in space he makes really good cuts just not very fast or quick , I really think he's in the backfield because he's a good blocker .

Carson is Quick footed, cuts. Not Fast!
BOOGIE WOOGIE MAN Wrote:Was just meaning he'd be taking snaps just to be prepared in case Nathaniel went down with an injury. You know he'll be targeted, especially if the opposition knows the Rams have no backup QB.

I agree , and from what I read in the other papers and heard from some of the other teams ( Lawrence co, Portsmouth west and valley ) they were targeting Nathaniel is those games anyway and that's where Raceland has an advantage imo, take Portsmouth west for example they had 2 not one linebacker on Nathaniel all night he really couldn't get going at all but when salmons seen that they used Nathaniel by faking bootlegs their linebackers chased him and Kane touched them for almost 200 yards . Carson and Bailey both are capable of doing the same so for a team to come into a game and say we are taking Nathaniel / Kane / out of the game by scheming against that player just isn't gonna work . And ik what your saying about targeting him meaning putting hits on nathaniel but he's not your typical qb he's played running back his whole life and plays linebacker so contact is not a issue
I think Raceland wins this game and I also think Fairview will beat the number 2 seed in the other district who ever it is
Rams will be primed and ready for this district run. Eagles are outmatched on the line and Racelands defense has been solid. I know they won't overlook this one because it's that team down the road. Big win this week and move on to the district championship vs Paintsville