Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayfield vs Corbin 9-25-15
I think mayfield fans wanting to buy out contract for Friday night game. Confusednicker:
How long is Bright out for?
Corbin 49
Mayfield 4
Corbin in a close one 14-13
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Corbin 49
Mayfield 4

4Confusednicker:
64SUR Wrote:I think mayfield fans wanting to buy out contract for Friday night game. Confusednicker:

sounds like you are skeered :popcorn:
Tyler is an adequate fill in for Bright. They have a very similar style, Tyler just needs the carries to show what he can do. Fortunately, they can absorb the loss of the other 2, as well, as they happen to play positions where Mayfield is deepest. It may mean a few more kids will have to go both ways a little more than they're used too, but, they should be fine.. If Corbin is able to pass the ball effectively, they have a shot, but, if they are 90% ground and pound, I don't give them much of a shot. Mayfield is very good against the run. As long as Arnett is hitting on his normal pace in the passing game, I think the Cardinals roll in this one, but, he's been a little off his passing game the last couple of weeks. He'll need to have a good game.
I don't know that the 2 linebackers, Jaime Tapia and Kincer Arnett, are injured enough to miss. I will hopefully get my answer on that later today. I do know that Bright is gone for at least 2 weeks. If everything goes well, that will be all though. If not, we will have to rely upon a back that only about 97 percent of teams across the state would have in their starting rotation. It's just one of those things where he is in the shadows of Bright. I think this will make us better as he will get experience and then they will learn that this can make a great 2 back set up in the future when Bright returns.
Corbin is banged up pretty good, and they're a year away even when they are healthy. Mayfield is the favorite going in, losing Bright doesn't change that. I just hope the Hounds give a good representation of themselves.
This score will be similar to the PT or Graves County scores. Mayfield will name the score.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Both teams will be dealing with injuries Corbin has already lost a couple starters for the season and several more will be out for a couple more weeks.

Are the 2 that are out for the season both seniors?
Leaning to Mayfield by >3TDs. I have seen Mayfield play twice. What sets this years team apart from past teams is the uncharacteristic turnovers, mistakes and penalties. On the really great teams, you could go an entire game and see the Cardinals with no turnovers, no mistakes and negligible penalties. Playing smarter was Mayfield's calling card. There are also questions that have been raised about their line play.

Maybe that will all be worked out by mid-season. But that is what is keeping me from saying Mayfield by as much as they want. The other thing is that Corbin has not seen the speed that Mayfield brings.
Corbin 28 to 14
Mayfield.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Sandbag much?

Bright injury hurts...but in no way, shape, or form is Corbin the favorite against the Cards

27-14 Mayfield

Both teams are very overrated......probably end in a tie:biggrin:
Mayfield 28-14
you should have to pass a Football IQ quiz to be a member on this site, several of you would lose the opportunity to post these stupid posts you put up.

Altpiratefan.
I seen Mayfield play Tilghman, McCracken and Graves, I've also seen Tilghman play McCracken which was both teams 1st game of the year. Mayfield could have won every game, but McCracken wore them down. McCracken should have beaten Tilghman..
My Chinese cookie tonight gave me the winning lottery number for Friday night. Confusederiously:
Mayfield 35 corbin 14
Fan01 Wrote:you should have to pass a Football IQ quiz to be a member on this site, several of you would lose the opportunity to post these stupid posts you put up.

Altpiratefan.

:thatsfunn
64, you have a better chance of winning the lottery this year. I'm happy for you. Now I know you won't be too torn up Friday afterwards then.
After further review of the Hounds I suspect the Cards win by a minimum of several scores.
Fan01 Wrote:you should have to pass a Football IQ quiz to be a member on this site, several of you would lose the opportunity to post these stupid posts you put up.

Altpiratefan.

Until Corbin proves otherwise they are no better than Paducah Tilghman. Corbin had a nice team LAST year and made the biggest playoff blunder I can remember in recent history. This year the only thing they have going for them is the pre-season HYPE based on last years team that surrounded them. I understand that some of you people really want Corbin to be good. I know last year the conversations kept spinning towards "If Corbin was in the East..." Now they are in the east and look like a pretty big pretender instead of a contender.

If Corbin wins or holds this game close I would admit I was wrong about them, but just being Corbin and having hype is not how things are done. You actually have to put up W's in tough games and show up for those same tough games. 10 points scored in the last 2 games is telling. I don't care how many times you hang 40 on a mediocre team until Corbin can beat or hang with a tough opponent they will have something to prove.

Mayfield is usually fastest team and the most disciplined on the field when they play. I don't see Corbin having the team speed to hang with Mayfield. Also Corbin can't have all the self inflicted wounds of the past few weeks or Mayfield will make them pay for it. If the same self destructive Corbin team shows up to play that has played Danville and Southwestern they will be embarrassed.

Mayfield has proven themselves so far this year and Corbin has not. So yes at this point I think Mayfield names the score.

I still think Corbin has the best shot to play in the State Semis over Bell Co or Russell but they have to fix their issues and PROVE they can contend. I will give them the respect you obviously think they deserve when they earn it.
Mayfield 27 Corbin 18
Corbin is still a year away from being a real contender in 3A. Mayfield may not looks as "Bright" this week, but Arnett will keep them going and they are deep in skill positions.

Cares 35
Hounds 14
64SUR Wrote:I don't want to hear any excuses 55 Corbin hounds is coming. They will be know built-in excuses from me. I have a winner this time. :lmao:

Corbin 24
Mayfield 21

The more I think about is game the more I need to change my score. Confusederiously:

Corbin 31
Mayfield 21
64, thinking comes from the brain and not the heart.
mysonis55 Wrote:64, thinking comes from the brain and not the heart.

Been a dry season in western,Kentucky this year. Mayfield running out of water playing in 2A. Confusednicker:
No, not dry around here. Wait until you see our number 2 and number 3 backs. They will not disappoint. The defense is better as well. We will be without 1 of our many linebackers this week though.