Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayfield vs Corbin 9-25-15
The annual 55 vs 64 bowl. Mayfield is the smaller class team and will be coming in without their great running back due to injury. Can the back up do enough. Who do you have and why?
This is old school days.. Late 70's and early 80's these teams played for titles!!
I bet the old timers are excited..
With Bright Mayfield would be favored slightly. Since he is out Corbin should be the favorite.
All I know is forced overtime at the Penitientary on Fridays is making me miss a lot. Ill be checking out gridiron glory when I get home to see how this 1, and the Tilghman/ Caldwell game went.
Mayfield still gets this win by 14
Mayfield by 3.
Gonna be a tough game for me to pick! I do think that Corbin is doing much better and have grown a lot as the season has went along. However, Mayfield isn't the only team beat and banged up. Corbin will have a few players that get time out too. To begin this season I predicted that Corbin would lose 2 regular season games and this is one of them that was on my mind when I made a prediction. If they can pull it out it will be a BIG task and I think it is very possible... But, I'm a betting man. I would be forced to put my $ on the Cards this game. The Hounds are a really good team, and will continue to get better every game. They struggle with team speed tho. Their Offensive line needs more work than any other positions.. Big games and experiences such as these will have the young team ready for November, and watch out December! The Future is Bright in Corbin.. Especially the '16 and '17 seasons.
Is this game at Corbin or War Memorial?
Tica Wrote:Is this game at Corbin or War Memorial?

At Lindsey Wilson
Corbin in a tight one.
killbilly usmc Wrote:With Bright Mayfield would be favored slightly. Since he is out Corbin should be the favorite.

Sandbag much?

Bright injury hurts...but in no way, shape, or form is Corbin the favorite against the Cards

27-14 Mayfield
killbilly usmc Wrote:With Bright Mayfield would be favored slightly. Since he is out Corbin should be the favorite.

Both teams will be dealing with injuries Corbin has already lost a couple starters for the season and several more will be out for a couple more weeks.
Mayfield by 13.
Mayfield
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Mayfield by 2 TD's.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Sandbag much?

Bright injury hurts...but in no way, shape, or form is Corbin the favorite against the Cards

27-14 Mayfield

I understand most teams have a couple banged up at this point, but you are talking about the best back in 2a, and there probably aint very many in all classes better. Ask Caldwell how 1 player out affected them last year. This said I still would not be surprised to see Mayfield win. The sophomore back is very capable.
Tica Wrote:Is this game at Corbin or War Memorial?

Columbia
killbilly usmc Wrote:I understand most teams have a couple banged up at this point, but you are talking about the best back in 2a, and there probably aint very many in all classes better. Ask Caldwell how 1 player out affected them last year. This said I still would not be surprised to see Mayfield win. The sophomore back is very capable.

ask Williamsburg
Corbin will bring a whole bus load of cupcakes to Columbia, and will lose 35-14.
pjdoug Wrote:Corbin will bring a whole bus load of cupcakes to Columbia, and will lose 35-14.

Surprised to hear you say that. In all seriousness im not sure what to make of Corbin. Southwestern is a good team, and Corbin gave them all they wanted. Danville is a good team won 20-0, but didn't Corbin have like 8 fumbles in that game. Just saying I don't think they should be overlooked, and might not be the cupcake you say they are.
killbilly usmc Wrote:Surprised to hear you say that. In all seriousness im not sure what to make of Corbin. Southwestern is a good team, and Corbin gave them all they wanted. Danville is a good team won 20-0, but didn't Corbin have like 8 fumbles in that game. Just saying I don't think they should be overlooked, and might not be the cupcake you say they are.

I think they have butter fingers amongst the cupcakes:biglmao:
Mayfield wins this one.
If Arnett and Tapia are not hurt, I would say MHS 28-0. If they are, MHS 28-7.
mysonis55 Wrote:The annual 55 vs 64 bowl. Mayfield is the smaller class team and will be coming in without their great running back due to injury. Can the back up do enough. Who do you have and why?

I don't want to hear any excuses 55 Corbin hounds is coming. They will be know built-in excuses from me. I have a winner this time. :lmao:

Corbin 24
Mayfield 21
Corbin defense will control this game I'm pretty sure of this. Better have a good field goal kicker. :poker face:
Corbin is not as good as Mayfield. Corbin may not score in this one.
killbilly usmc Wrote:All I know is forced overtime at the Penitientary on Fridays is making me miss a lot. Ill be checking out gridiron glory when I get home to see how this 1, and the Tilghman/ Caldwell game went.

I kant believe they would even let you out to watched a football game....Unbelievable and don't blame it on Obama :please:
Madness Wrote:Corbin is not as good as Mayfield. Corbin may not score in this one.

How sure are you Madness :mop::mop:
64, u r bout to go 0 for 3.
The Cards will bring their beat up bunch to Columbia as underdogs. The loss of Bright totally changes the Cards on both sides of the ball. With Arnett and Himay out the defense will be forced to go with a lot of inexperience. I must maintain the faith but this one maybe a uphill climb