Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashland 41 Ironton Ohio 0
ironton is way down from jfl to high school. baker is one one of those athletes that is very rare for any school. but it is a team sport. it takes more than 1 special player to get the top of the mountain. the cats have a good team this year.but they seem to be one dimensional at this point. for them it is all about beating jc. they will have to have a bigger playbook to climb the jc mountain.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Good thing they have Baker. They'd be 0-4 without him.
Yea right. Who cares we have him and everyone that plays Ashland so far has no answer for him or the CATS...
jetpilot Wrote:When was the last time Ironton took a beatdown of this magnitude?

Last shutout 75 Ashland 35-0. 66 Ashland beat them 42-0. Worst beat down Ironton ever has had from Ashland was 1942 and a 84-6 score.
Baker is getting better as the season has gone along. I watched this on TV last night. His TD runs were Sportscenter Top 10 contenders. Just unbelievable. He appears to be stronger this year so he occasionally runs over or through someone. Most times, though, he would score if they were playing touch football. His moves and speed burst are the best I've ever seen around here. I'm not obsessed with him or taking him to homecoming this weekend, but rather just calling it like it is. The guy is a superstar football player.

Other than Baker, Ashland has a good team overall. Really good speed across the board. I don't think they would be 0-4 without Baker. Kurtlen Brown would have 100+ yard multiple TD games if given the opportunity. He has mostly been playing defense, though. His time to be the feature back will come next year.

Ashland enters a stretch of district road games that should all be running clock games in the first half. They just need to avoid injuries over the next month of football.
T-CATS Wrote:Yea right. Who cares we have him and everyone that plays Ashland so far has no answer for him or the CATS...

lol...You mean to say, "I have him" ?
FBALL Wrote:Not that good. The attention Baker draws opens up everything for the Tomkittens.

Brown and baker aren't in the game at the same time
nekysportsfan Wrote:Baker is getting better as the season has gone along. I watched this on TV last night. His TD runs were Sportscenter Top 10 contenders. Just unbelievable. He appears to be stronger this year so he occasionally runs over or through someone. Most times, though, he would score if they were playing touch football. His moves and speed burst are the best I've ever seen around here. I'm not obsessed with him or taking him to homecoming this weekend, but rather just calling it like it is. The guy is a superstar football player.

Other than Baker, Ashland has a good team overall. Really good speed across the board. I don't think they would be 0-4 without Baker. Kurtlen Brown would have 100+ yard multiple TD games if given the opportunity. He has mostly been playing defense, though. His time to be the feature back will come next year.

Ashland enters a stretch of district road games that should all be running clock games in the first half. They just need to avoid injuries over the next month of football.

Ah come on now, be man enough to admit that it is because T-CATS is the date of choice this year.
Gonna save my comments on the eventual JC vs Ashland game when it arrives. For now, great win Ashland! Way to represent our state!
Ashland is building momentum for the JC match up. They have a shot this year.
I don't ever remember Ironton losing to Ashland and Russell in the same year. The bell could be tolling on Vass's reign at Ironton.
Congrats Ashland but lord they have a lot of work to do if they want to get anywhere near the State Championship game. 95% of Quentin's big runs are a case of him making something out of nothing, the O-line misses block or doesn't hold blocks and the fullback is soft. If it weren't for Q I would hate to where this Ashland team would be..
Chief Wahoo Wrote:Congrats Ashland but lord they have a lot of work to do if they want to get anywhere near the State Championship game. 95% of Quentin's big runs are a case of him making something out of nothing, the O-line misses block or doesn't hold blocks and the fullback is soft. If it weren't for Q I would hate to where this Ashland team would be..

Well heck what do you expect ?.They are only playing half armed, because their big gun can't even see field time...Whenever NotsoBADCAT figures out a way to get himself out of Coach Love's doghouse you will see this mighty Ashland squad morph from the powerhouse potential that the ASHland faithful goes on and on about on here to being actual contenders for the USA Today's #1 spot in all the land.
Bob Seger Wrote:Well heck what do you expect ?.They are only playing half armed, because their big gun can't even see field time...Whenever NotsoBADCAT figures out a way to get himself out of Coach Love's doghouse you will see this mighty Ashland squad morph from the powerhouse potential that the ASHland faithful goes on and on about on here to being actual contenders for the USA Today's #1 spot in all the land.
You just couldn't make it 2 post without mentioning badcat. You'll get there eventually. Keep trying. Or maybe you should just bite the bullet and face your fears. Which will probably never happen
Chief Wahoo Wrote:Congrats Ashland but lord they have a lot of work to do if they want to get anywhere near the State Championship game. 95% of Quentin's big runs are a case of him making something out of nothing, the O-line misses block or doesn't hold blocks and the fullback is soft. If it weren't for Q I would hate to where this Ashland team would be..
They have a fullback that blocks really well but they just want to play him on defense.
tomcat4life Wrote:You just couldn't make it 2 post without mentioning badcat. You'll get there eventually. Keep trying. Or maybe you should just bite the bullet and face your fears. Which will probably never happen

And you just cant keep from responding either, can you?

See I told you the "system" works.:Clap:
Bob Seger Wrote:And you just cant keep from responding either, can you?

See I told you the "system" works.:Clap:
I can, but choose not to. You on the other are addicted to badcat. 2 years later you still try to bait him. Sound s like an addiction to me. You should have met him when you had the chance
tomcat4life Wrote:I can, but choose not to. You on the other are addicted to badcat. 2 years later you still try to bait him. Sound s like an addiction to me. You should have met him when you had the chance
Hey moron, then what is it that you think you are doing then?:HitWall:
Ok let's go through this again because you are too simple to understand your own post
You said " and you can't keep from responding either can you" meaning as hard as I try I can't stop my self from responding.
My reply " I can but choose not to." Meaning I can stop from responding but I don't want to stop responding. Are you sure your not stupid because it's really looking that way
Old and tired Wrote:They have a fullback that blocks really well but they just want to play him on defense.

They may want to consider getting him some time on O then, Q can get by on his own vs most teams, but JC is not like most teams. Extremely well coached, very disciplined and with the athletes to stop Q if the O-line and lead blockers don't do their jobs.
Ironton was out coached and outplayed by Ashland on ALL Fronts. Ironton doesnt play with discipline and they arent conditioned well. Ironton was in the Battle in their first 3 games, but fell apart in the 2nd half. Ironton also had penalty issues the entire season.
FBALL Wrote:Baker is outstanding. Not the best I've ever seen but he's up there.

I'll bite. Who is then?
Bobby Brice from Ironton in the late 80s probably the best I ever saw.

As far as Ashland goes I don't think he is better than Arliss Beech or Juan Thomas.

I would put him about equall to David Jones from Belfry as a runningback.

Reminds me a lot of Josh Gross from Russell but with a little more size.
That's high praise putting him in that group of running backs.
PaytoPlay Wrote:I'll bite. Who is then?

The best I saw was Chris Jennings from Fairview. He had NFL size (6"1 215lbs) in high school and legit 4.5 speed. He didn't have the track speed that Baker has but with his vison he was fast enough for lights out big plays. He was also a monster on defense and I believe he was an Allstate linebacker one year.
Orange Blaze Wrote:The best I saw was Chris Jennings from Fairview. He had NFL size (6"1 215lbs) in high school and legit 4.5 speed. He didn't have the track speed that Baker has but with his vison he was fast enough for lights out big plays. He was also a monster on defense and I believe he was an Allstate linebacker one year.

Exactly!!

I think you just described Walter Peyton as well..Of course T-CATS will now be saying , "Who?".