Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashland 41 Ironton Ohio 0
That's right
Baker best back I've ever seen in High School......
Congrats to Ashland. Baker with another big game.
T-CATS Wrote:Baker best back I've ever seen in High School......

You never saw NotsoBADCAT in his prime then.
Good win by Ashland, big runs by Baker. This is probably the worst Ironton team I've ever watched. Only question I have is what does Ashland do if they play a team that can shut down their run game?

Alright we all want to know, are you taking Baker to the prom or something?
Bob Seger Wrote:Alright we all want to know, are you taking Baker to the prom or something?...I swear, I believe you have an obsession with him...lol

Just a fun player to watch Bob. Worth the price of admission.
Ramcat77 Wrote:Good win by Ashland, big runs by Baker. This is probably the worst Ironton team I've ever watched. Only question I have is what does Ashland do if they play a team that can shut down their run game?

No one will!!!
T-CATS Wrote:No one will!!!

You mean, no one will as long as sweetie is in the game? Right??
Bob Seger Wrote:Alright we all want to know, are you taking Baker to the prom or something?....I'll wager that he's all you think about; morning, noon and night!! lol

Alright we all want to know what mental institution you were released from???:Thumbs:
T-CATS Wrote:Alright we all want to know what mental institution you were released from???:Thumbs:

Did you and sweetie have a spat tonight and get you all testy?
Baker over 250 yards tonight.
E's Army Wrote:Baker over 250 yards tonight.

:letsparty
Congratulations Ashland :Cheerlead
Ashland's playing some of its best football in several years. They appear to be the real deal. I wouldn't be so quick to give the 4a title to JC or SW just yet..

Now there is an unbiased opinion. If so, why is he going to Marshall instead of Notre Dame or Ohio State?
T-CATS Wrote:No one will!!!

Wow. It must be mid-September instead of late November.
[quote=Truth]Now there is an unbiased opinion. If so, why is he going to Marshall instead of Notre Dame or Ohio State. Say what you will but he ran for over 2 bills against highlands last year and he is playing better this year.
It is an unnerving kind of love fest going on there.
Congrats Ashland!! Always good to see any Kentucky High School team beat any out of state team. Way to represent.
Good thing they have Baker. They'd be 0-4 without him.
Baker is outstanding. Not the best I've ever seen but he's up there.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Good thing they have Baker. They'd be 0-4 without him.

Would have only taken 1 score to beat Ironton. Two scores to beat Russell so maybe 2-2. Not sure if people realize how good K Brown is as well.
Like this score. Another reason why Beechwood isn't the overwhelming favorite in 1A.
washed up Wrote:Would have only taken 1 score to beat Ironton. Two scores to beat Russell so maybe 2-2. Not sure if people realize how good K Brown is as well.

Not that good. The attention Baker draws opens up everything for the Tomkittens.
Congrats to Ashland. Baker is definitely one of the better backs I have seen. Ready for October 23 to hurry and get here.
When was the last time Ironton took a beatdown of this magnitude?
Tigers just don't have the athletes they used to and apparently people stopped transferring in too
jetpilot Wrote:When was the last time Ironton took a beatdown of this magnitude?

JC gave them a couple pretty solid beatings over the last couple years. Probably why they weren't interested in extending the series two more years...
Baker is the difference maker and makes a pretty good Ashland team a contender, imo. But, if not for him, they dont beat Raceland. Brown managed around 50 or so yards on & or so carries that night and Dowdy had a long run for a TD, outside of that its the Q show.

Having said that, Baker is one of thise atheletes that, even in "big school football" can win you alot of games. But all you Ashland fans, keep in mind that he ran for over 200 yds against Highlands last year and Ashland still left the Birds nest with a pretty lopsided "L". If I am anyone watching film on Q and Co, Im loading the box and blitzing every gap until Ashland shows they can consistently throw the football. If I were the Tomcats, that is something I would work on from now until JC night bc obviously, you can always hand the ball to Baker and let him dig you out of a hole. South Warren and Johnson Central's defense has enough speed to atleast make Baker work. Ashland is in definite Title talk if you ask me though.

Idk if he is the best HS back I have ever seen, but I do know his spin move and ability to seemingly stop with an instant set of 500lb weights on his ankles and then take off again is something incredible to see. That short TD run against GW was something else. The kid is special, but Ashland better have an answer prepared when he isnt enough.