Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry @ Harlan County Predictions
^ Thanks for the info EKU.

Next man up!
Belfry will be fine. I doubt this makes little difference in Haywood's game plan or execution.

This thread is about the game Friday between Belfry and Harlan County. IMO, NOTHING else should be discussed; especially the individual members of either team.

When any comments are posted about this kind of thing, there is always a slant and rarely is the information objective.
Belfry 42 Harlan County 21
Excited to make the trip back to Harlan Co.
HC is rebuilding, new head coach, new systems... a lot of things have changed for this team since last year. I do see Harlan putting up a good fight. However, I do see Belfry coming away with the Win.
Belfry- 42
HC-28
Big Red Machine improves to 2-0
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Good luck to Avery Browning in his first career start this Friday. I think the Pirates win, we'll see by how much. Hope those suspended get it as hard as they deserve. No one is unreplacable.
Harlan County 52-7
Belfry names the score. Missed the first game due to strep. That sucks. Have to miss this one also due to work. Was hoping to get to see ya granny bear. Can't wait to get to a game. Been looking forward to this season for awhile. I guess the stars have t aligned just right yet. God bless.
Belfry0304 Wrote:Good luck to Avery Browning in his first career start this Friday. I think the Pirates win, we'll see by how much. Hope those suspended get it as hard as they deserve. No one is unreplacable.

I obviously don't want to get into why young kids got suspended on a public message board, but I would like to know what positions and how many and if this could actually affect Belfry.
The suspensions shouldn't affect Belfry greatly, lucky to have a stable of capable athletes to fill in.
Gut,

Corbett and Willis out.
PaytoPlay Wrote:Gut,

Corbett and Willis out.

That is correct. I agree with Coach Haywood 100% on the suspension. While some may feel like the offense was "harmless".......I couldn't disagree more. The punishment definitely fits the crime in my judgment. BTW....it has nothing to do with drugs.

Belfry does have other weapons in their arsenal.....but those two were starters for a reason.

I think the Pirates overcome it.....and I really hope the two in question....and for that matter...the entire team...... learn a valuable life lesson from this.
Absolutely nothing will be gained from posts regarding any suspensions that may or may not have happened.

I don't want this to get into any type of discussion about members of either team.

For that reason, be warned....I will delete any further posts that are made about specific team members.

Please get back on topic, which is the game Friday night.

Thank you.
Belfry0304 Wrote:Good luck to Avery Browning in his first career start this Friday. I think the Pirates win, we'll see by how much. Hope those suspended get it as hard as they deserve. No one is unreplacable.

So what should we expect from Browning in his first start? I have heard good things about him.
Belfry_99 Wrote:So what should we expect from Browning in his first start? I have heard good things about him.

I expect him to run the offense well. Won't be the threat with the ball that Corbett is...still not as good of a passer... but this kid is going to be one smooth operator before he leaves Belfry.

Option QB who will put you in mind of those teams from the late 80's and early 90's

I also expect him to have some struggles. I honestly cannot remember the last time a Freshman started a Varsity game at Belfry. No doubt he will miss a read, might fumble an exchange, but whatever snaps he gets will be valuable experience.

Belfry's Defense needs to step up big this week to help him out and the Line have to step up and create big holes.
There's never been a freshman QB start, to my knowledge, but there have been plenty start on the defensive side of the ball in the last 10 years.
Belfry 42
Harlan 6
Believe me.......Browning is a cool, cool customer. He possesses all the tools necessary to handle the QB position for the Pirates. I'm sure there will be mistakes.....but don't be surprised.....if given the opportunity...too see this young man excel on the option. He can flat out run it.
Belfry by a whole lot.
Avery will surprise you passing the ball. Down at Richlands, I thought he threw it better than Noah.
Belfry0304 Wrote:Avery will surprise you passing the ball. Down at Richlands, I thought he threw it better than Noah.
Belfry is the best team not named Johnson Central, and they got two Peyton Mannings and a Tom Brady ready to go at all times. ��
IMO Avery is a very athletic and a very smart football player. I have trust that he can run the offense. But if he can't because he is maybe not ready or makes to many mistakes and gets down on himself or whatever. Justin Adkins can play it. He is very good at it and ran it very well last year and makes good reads. But he is best utilized elsewhere on the field. Like at HB. So we will see. But I feel Avery will do a fantastic job. Maybe not perfect. I'm sure inexperience will come into play at times. But hey. It's like teachin your kid how to swim. Just push em on in. Lol
PHSForever Wrote:Belfry is the best team not named Johnson Central, and they got two Peyton Mannings and a Tom Brady ready to go at all times. ��
Except we don't have Brady for the first four games!:biggrin::biggrin:
PHSForever Wrote:Belfry is the best team not named Johnson Central, and they got two Peyton Mannings and a Tom Brady ready to go at all times. ��

LOL! You're out of control. We don't have THE Daric Pugh. #1 JC #2 Pikeville! We all know this! Hahahahaha

I have seen Pikeville compared to the 1987 team already after only two games.
Belfry0304 Wrote:LOL! You're out of control. We don't have THE Daric Pugh. #1 JC #2 Pikeville! We all know this! Hahahahaha
C'mon now. You're just sandbagging. We all know y'all are set on plundering through the rest of 3A like a dose of salts. Poor Boyle might have to have a note from their mommas about how skeered they are to play y'all. :lmao:
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I have seen Pikeville compared to the 1987 team already after only two games.
For real? I've missed that comment apparently. That's a ludicrous comparison at this point. FAR too early to do that.
Belfry easily......watched them last week and they have alot of guns
I don't know much about the bears, but I'm giving the black bears a chance just like I did last year when belfry ran into a spunky Pikeville team. From what I've seen the bears won't roll over and play dead, they are a gutsy bunch that plays with heart, just a little young and a first time head coach. Never know what could happen. Go Bears
bucslover68 Wrote:Except we don't have Brady for the first four games!:biggrin::biggrin:

You will now!!