Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry @ Harlan County Predictions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
What say you?
Belfry...comfortably.
Honestly I think it's going to be alot like last year's game, Belfry just has too many weapons, and HC is a young group learning a new system with a first year head coach. Still unsure about the two injuries with linebackers from HC also. Could get ugly quick but hoping for a good showing out of the bears. They did get back to being physical in the run game but belfry is loaded on that D line.
I don't think it will get too ugly even if Belfry overmatches them.

I could see Haywood working on the passing game some this week since they only put it in the air once last week.

Haywood will also rotate very heavily.

The other factor is I kind of expect Belfry's offense to regress a little. Haywood drilled them very hard on Offense leading up to Tates Creek and this week I expect it to be very Defense focused. Might see some fumbles and mental errors on Offense.

I an thinking somewhere in the 34-7 or 34-14 range.
Any word on the injuries Belfry had?

TJ Dotson, Austin Woolum, and Ray all got banged up a little. Ray obviously played through his but I am not sure the extent of TJ and Woolum's.

This also brings up a criticism I have:
Why in the world is Woolum still being allowed to go down field on kickoffs??????? Belfry's kickoff coverage is pretty solid.. why is it necessary for Woolum to be getting in the mix and risking injury?

Woolum is a weapon for this team and the dropoff to his replacement is significant. We saw the situation it caused when he was hurt last year and Belfry was left to make drastic moves. Woolum literally wins you yards in the field position game and he literally adds points to your offense. I am not even overly enthusiastic about him playing Offensive/Defensive snaps, but he should be absolutely nothing more than a Safety man on Kickoffs.

While I am on the subject of Special Teams.... I thought Belfry looked much improved. TJ did a quality job longsnapping aside from one at the end. Catron did bobble one punt but they did a good job of fair catching and saving a bunch of yards. Kickoff return wasn't spectacular but they kept Belfry around the 30 or better all night. Kicking game looked solid. Definitely something I hope continues.
^ I thought the special teams look good too except the utter failure to stop the odd 2 point conversion formation Tates Creek ran. Woolum putting it in the endzone numerous times was EXCELLENT.

TJ Dotson came back in after his injury did he not? We really don't need Woolum to go down. Agree 100% EKU.
I have to agree with Demarcus ware. HC is rebuilding this year and getting used to a new offense and a new head coach. You will not be disappointed in their prep or effort!

That in mind, I sure do hope nobody gets injured. We had a couple of kids go down last week, but I heard they will be back. The don't want to miss playing against Belfry!
PaytoPlay Wrote:^ I thought the special teams look good too except the utter failure to stop the odd 2 point conversion formation Tates Creek ran. Woolum putting it in the endzone numerous times was EXCELLENT.

TJ Dotson came back in after his injury did he not? We really don't need Woolum to go down. Agree 100% EKU.

Have a feeling that won't happen again after this week. That was simply TC exploiting something Belfry had probably previously not really paid much attention to.

Would not be surprised to see Hall or Dotson over the ball if they see that look moving forward.
I think it will be somewhere in the 41-7 range.

I think the D will look much better in game two. Some of the kinks will be worked out.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Have a feeling that won't happen again after this week. That was simply TC exploiting something Belfry had probably previously not really paid much attention to.

Would not be surprised to see Hall or Dotson over the ball if they see that look moving forward.
That was funny at the game. At one point I seen a belfry defender just hold his arms up like what the heck do we have here Confusednicker:
Belfry wins.

Harlan County doesn't have the firepower..... sorry Granny Bear.
Demarcus ware Wrote:That was funny at the game. At one point I seen a belfry defender just hold his arms up like what the heck do we have here Confusednicker:

Poor Chase Dove.

Kid plays his butt off but it was basically Dove versuses the QB in an Oklahoma drill that stretched about twenty yards wide.

Give TC's staff some credit for Friday... they stole a good 12 points between the swinging gate conversion and that hook and lateral.
This game will be tough on the Black Bears. :mop:

Belfry 56
Harlan County 13
You must give us a score in a multiple of 7 64SUR!! We've finally got a kicker!!

Smile
Granny Bear Wrote:You must give us a score in a multiple of 7 64SUR!! We've finally got a kicker!!

Smile

Belfry 8 Td
Harlan County 1 Td and 2 fg

Do the math. :blondetea
64SUR Wrote:Do the math. :blondetea

He is literally asking you to do the math for him because he ran out of fingers and toes Big Grin
Belfry 49-14
Belfry will just be too much for the black bears. Could be as bad as the Southwestern game for them.
Belfry - 42

Harlan County - 14
The injuries were cramps so I think everyone should be ok. As far as the game goes I will take the Pirates 35-10.
Harlan County in the upset 26-24
Belfry by 26. Bears are improved a bunch but Belfry is Belfry.
Belfry 48
Harlan Co 6
Harlan county will open some eyes this week for sure.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:He is literally asking you to do the math for him because he ran out of fingers and toes Big Grin
Confusednicker:
Belfry by 3 tds
So who is suspended for Belfry or otherwise sitting out? Just saw it alluded to in another thread. Might make some predictions change.
PaytoPlay Wrote:So who is suspended for Belfry or otherwise sitting out? Just saw it alluded to in another thread. Might make some predictions change.

I am wondering this as well. Are there discipline issues with this team? Were these football related suspensions? Self imposed or KHSAA
This will be my only post on the matter and I encourage everyone to follow suit.

The rumors are true and Belfry will be without two starting Offensive players for Friday's game and maybe longer. The length of suspension is Coach Haywood's discretion.

I will not name names, though one name is easy to figure out. I also will not respond in PM with names so no need to ask... you will know who the second is Friday and I am sure some may already have a suspicion.

For the sake of sharing info here is what I can provide:
The two players are suspended for a violation of team policy. The offense to be honest is something that most would find to be quite harmless, and truth be told is something that if this happened at most other schools in the State we would never even hear of a suspension. With that said, we all know Coach Haywood values teaching the Game of Life as an equal to the game of football... probably even values it much higher... so Haywood is using this as a lesson to teach leadership and decision making away from the field.

For the two suspended players I am sure they are well aware that they made an innocent mistake and this suspension will definitely hit home if I were to guess. You simply have to realize that decisions you make as a 17 or 18 year old kid have different magnitudes when you are a key starter for a program like Belfry.

Belfry will be fine and as long as the players receive the lesson Haywood is teaching them they will be fine too and return to the field as better people.
Pages: 1 2 3