Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Russell
33.33%
Ironton, OH
66.67%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell @ Ironton, OH 9/4
Back to this game Greenup had success getting the edge on Russell's D and running right at them. Ironton will do the same thing except their line is bigger and better. Their TB and FB are both bigger faster stronger and D-1 players.
T-CATS Wrote:No they usually have a good team that can compete and beat most teams without assistance. At Tank it's a different story. You need to be much much better then Ironton to overcome the Refs.:argue:

I moved here in 1999 and have heard this for the last 16 years from many different people. I have been to 4 games at Ironton and have not witnessed this. It might be because Russell was just outclassed by Ironton and the refs did not need to cheat. I have seen some really awful calls over theses years and they just seemed to even out. I believe what you are saying but I'm shocked that a coach has not filed a protest on cheating refs. Oh well we will see on Friday. I thing Russell is much better than they played against a very good Greenup team.
I for one am glad that Ironton is on our schedule. Playing them can only make you better.
T-CATS Wrote:Back to this game Greenup had success getting the edge on Russell's D and running right at them. Ironton will do the same thing except their line is bigger and better. Their TB and FB are both bigger faster stronger and D-1 players.

Greenup County was held to 137 yards rushing. That's not a lot of success.

Also GC had less than 200 yards of total offense before that last drive against the prevent with under a minute to go.
FBALL Wrote:Greenup County was held to 137 yards rushing. That's not a lot of success.

Also GC had less than 200 yards of total offense before that last drive against the prevent with under a minute to go.

I was their watched the game. Greenup had a lot of negative plays that figure into those stats. Ironton isn't Greenup County. Russell had 6 points near the end of the 3rd. They will need a lot more then that Friday.
The Greenup/Russell game had a lot more rivalry to it then the upcoming Ironton game. Greenup wanted to make a statement in beating Russell. Even had a Twitter feed #makehistory or something along those lines. In those type of games you can throw records and stats out the window. The teams really fight hard against one another.
DevilWatcher Wrote:The Greenup/Russell game had a lot more rivalry to it then the upcoming Ironton game. Greenup wanted to make a statement in beating Russell. Even had a Twitter feed #makehistory or something along those lines. In those type of games you can throw records and stats out the window. The teams really fight hard against one another.

Keep telling yourself that and you might even believe it yourself
Ironton 42

Russell 14
Pulling for the Devils ... for Devils to win
1) Need some help , turnovers
2) Early Scores
3) Get Ironton offense off the field , have to been able to keep game low scoring into the 4th.
4) Gain confidence that turns into we believe that we can win. Like it or not, the Devils grow up knowing wins against the Tigers never happen.

This group of Devils can play solid fundamental football. Looking forward to this measuring stick.
I would give anything if Russell went up and won this game. I hate out of state teams, especially Ohio teams. Russell started a little slow last year, but by season end had a pretty good team.
:Cheerlead
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Keep telling yourself that and you might even believe it yourself

What are you going to tell yourself after Greenup County beats Raceland?
Russell 28 to 20
Ironton 49
Russel 20

Russell will have no answer for Irontons rushing attack
I have this strange sense Russell makes this close for some reason

28-14 kind of game
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Keep telling yourself that and you might even believe it yourself
Do you even have any clue? You CAN'T possibly be that far out of the loop. Lol
Only way Russell will be able to keep it close is to slow it down...in which I'm not sure they can. 3 and out goes pretty quick. Lol
Heart

Russell 27
Ironton 21

Head

Ironton 28
Russell 7

I hope the heart is right.
Rain delay. Lightening.
0-0 1st.