Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Russell
33.33%
Ironton, OH
66.67%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell @ Ironton, OH 9/4
Thoughts & Predictions
Russell is no match for Ironton most years and this year is no different. Scheduling Ironton right after they lose to Wheelersburg each year doesn't help matters as they will get an inspired group of Tigers next week at Tank Stadium.
Russell didn't look very good tonight. Ironton will be fired up and guessing will take it out on the evils next week. 48-14.
Russell will have there hands full with Ironton.
You got this Russell
Man id love to say the devils got this one...but they dont. Ironton hung with a very atheletic Wheelersburg squad. Much like Baker, and Idk how these kids did it, but Paledino added like 10-15 pounds of muscle to his frame AND shaved time off of his 40? Kind of a scary thought and he isnt all they have. I think this one ends up in a similar fashion to the Raceland/Ashland game. Russell gets rattled at Tank then weathers the storm a bit and gets settled down, then late 3rd quarter, Paledino and company begin to pull away.

Ironton 44
Russell 21
To Beat Ironton all 11 on defense have to be physical and stop the run. Devils weren't even close to this against Greenup. If anything Greenup muscled the Devils at times. Hoping for better this week. Without help of some turnovers this one could get out of hand from a physical standpoint at the lines of scrimmage.
This is another game where the spread offense doesn't work if you can't spread and extend the offense. I personnaly would like to see mixing in some formations with tight ends and run the ball right at the defense.
You never know.
Tigers 52
Russell 24
Russell wont be able to keep up Tigers are to fast and strong. Conley wont be able to do it all by himself.
A mad, big and fast Ironton squad will unleash a nasty beat down to a good Russell team this week.
Always heard you have to be 3 TDs better to win at the Tank and Russell is not. Ironton rolls.
Ironton, OH - 35

Russell - 21
Ironton by 14.
Ironton
Tiggers are a lot better than the Musketels. Tiggers by eleventy billion
The Tiggers are a big powerful team and Palladino is as good as anybody they will see at RB.

Russell will have to play much better and much more physical game this week to have a chance.
If greenup pushed Russell around Ironton will beat them by as much as they want
Russell beat Greenup County. Only gave up Points on the first series of the game, mainly due to penalties keeping the drive alive and the final series when Russell went to prevent after going up 2TDs with a minute left. Greenup County's defense is going to give a lot of people problems.

So who pushed who around?
Unfortunately Russell like last year has shown that they have no balance at all. The Tigers will stack the box and with no real blocking tight ends the Devils won't move the ball at all. The only prayer the Devils have is to muster up so esemblence of a passing game cause Ironton is going to dare them to put the ball in the air. Devils must place more inspired in the trenches as well getting muscled by Greenup doesn't boad well for a night at Tanks.

Devils just don't have it again this year, no balance and no blocking tight ends:

Tigers: 48

Devils- 14 (maybe)
Better hope you don't beat them or they won't play you no more :lmao:
Ironton can't stand to get beat
Russell out gained Greenup County 328 to 253 in total yards.

Russell out rushed Greenup County 242-137.
I think as the season progresses, the result Russell got against Greenup will start to look better and better. I don't expect many teams to manhandle the Musketeers this year.

As for Ironton, the Devils are definitely up against a physically superior team. I think Ironton wins but Russell plays better than expected. Maybe I'm just being optimistic, but I expect the Devils to clean up some of their offensive mistakes and execute better this week.

The Tiger's backfield is arguably the best in the tri-state and runs behind a big OL. Russell's toughness on defense will be put to the test.

Ironton 27
Russell 17
N-IT-2-WIN-IT Wrote:Always heard you have to be 3 TDs better to win at the Tank and Russell is not. Ironton rolls.

I have not seen this at Ironton. Ironton has beat Russell fair and square in the games that I have watched. Greenup is a much better team this year than I have ever seen them. Greenup was the real deal and put Russell to the test. Russell was the better team on Saturday. Can Russell win this game? Yes they can. I would love to see Russell mix it up and throw the short pass. McKee has improved a great deal from last year and knows how to win. I think our kids will be ready for this Game and will leave it all out on the field. Russell is much better than it showed against a very good Greenup team.

Russell 27
Ironton 21

Note: The bonehead or boneheads that got the personal fouls penalties cannot and will not do this against Ironton. You have to know that Maynard has already dealt with this.
I hope the evils win. If it were on this side of the River I would give them a fighting chance. At Tank they have zero none no way they win. Guarantee if Conley or whoever breaks a TD run it will get called back. Ironton (all Ohio schools) are responsible for getting their own refs.
T-CATS Wrote:I hope the evils win. If it were on this side of the River I would give them a fighting chance. At Tank they have zero none no way they win. Guarantee if Conley or whoever breaks a TD run it will get called back. Ironton (all Ohio schools) are responsible for getting their own refs.

I have not seen this. So what you are saying is that if a Russell player breaks into open field a flag is coming out. So how do they decide which ref throws the flag? I'm not doubting you. I have seen corruption at all levels over the years. So I would imagine there is no overview system in Ohio so these corrupt refs can be held accountable???? Don't get me wrong I'm not defending the Ohio system. Ironton has had some great teams over the years and we in Kentucky are tired of getting beet by them.

Having lived in both Kentucky and Youngstown, OH I found one thing out real quick when I moved to OH. Football at the high school level is a whole different animal. We in KY are not even close to playing at the level that was played in the Youngstown area. Football is everything.

The problem is I see Ironton beating us in our state.
Jeepman Wrote:I have not seen this. So what you are saying is that if a Russell player breaks into open field a flag is coming out. So how do they decide which ref throws the flag? I'm not doubting you. I have seen corruption at all levels over the years. So I would imagine there is no overview system in Ohio so these corrupt refs can be held accountable???? Don't get me wrong I'm not defending the Ohio system. Ironton has had some great teams over the years and we in Kentucky are tired of getting beet by them.

Having lived in both Kentucky and Youngstown, OH I found one thing out real quick when I moved to OH. Football at the high school level is a whole different animal. We in KY are not even close to playing at the level that was played in the Youngstown area. Football is everything.

The problem is I see Ironton beating us in our state.

Trust me you need to be 2-3 scores better then Ironton at Tank or no shot to win period. Seen it my whole life playing their. Ashland has gotten screwed over their more times then I can count. Them 0-1 already you aren't going to Tank and winning. They have Beechwood and Ashland coming up Russell has no shot this Friday.
As an alum I am pulling for the Devils, however I still think Ironton wins this one.
Not to take away from any of Russell's linemen but this is a game they will surely miss Sammy. Started his Sophmore year against Ironton and did really well then.
T-CATS Wrote:Trust me you need to be 2-3 scores better then Ironton at Tank or no shot to win period. Seen it my whole life playing their. Ashland has gotten screwed over their more times then I can count. Them 0-1 already you aren't going to Tank and winning. They have Beechwood and Ashland coming up Russell has no shot this Friday.

I trust you. How do you explain Ironton beating Kentucky schools most of the time even when they play on our side of the river. Deflated footballs????
Jeepman Wrote:I trust you. How do you explain Ironton beating Kentucky schools most of the time even when they play on our side of the river. Deflated footballs????

No they usually have a good team that can compete and beat most teams without assistance. At Tank it's a different story. You need to be much much better then Ironton to overcome the Refs.:argue: