Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 107 Pburg 44
Congrats on a blow out win SV.
phsblackcats Wrote:Imo, this score shouldve in no way been taken to such an extremity! Its fine and all to press and run it up as much as you can until halftime but once you enter that locker room you should be telling your starters that they will not be going back out as the starters unless the game gets back into threatening territory...thats the way this all shouldve been handled instead of beating pbirg by 63 and embarassing them in front of a lot of friends and family! JMO

Yeah, I agree but when were the starters took out? If you take them out after the half you can’t expect the 3rd string players to lay down that’s my point.
Redneck Wrote:Aren't you the one who was talkin about how great Pburg were gonna be this year. I don't blame you for bein pissed about gettin the score run up on you that, but don't you think that if Pburg was as good as you thought they were gonna be it would have been a much better ballgame.

Redneck, you need to check your facts. I dont know anyone who said Pburg was going to be great this year. I will say this, any team whether it is David, Pburg, or ONB they deserve repect and should not be run into the ground. Bottom line is the SV Coach has no class. He will get his, just wait and see. Bottom line is he is a jerk and I will tell him to his face when the time presents it.
eldorado Wrote:Booher didn't make one pass or take one shot so how can anyone say he ran up the score. If you're gonna talk, make it right. What was SV supposed to do, hold the ball? That doesn't make any sense. If he would've left the starters in the whole game I can see your point but this is a solid team all the way down the bench. When you get up on a team like this you work on weaknesses and if your team so happens to score in the process, so be it.

Eldorado, this post is way off subject. My problem with the SV coach is that he had his team in a full court press when he was ahead 50 points-get it? I have no problem with them trying to score and run thier offense. FULL COURT PRESS WITH A 50 POINT LEAD!
Larry Legend Wrote:Whether you think its wrong to run up the score or whatever, no one thought that SV had the kind of squad to win by 63... Booher did NOT press for 3 and a half quarters, it was actually 2 and a half, the other defense was a 1-2-2 half court and they happened to get alot of traps in the halfcourt. P-burg couldn't handle the ball full court or half court against any squad SV had on the floor. It makes it alot more difficult to keep the score close when you are legitimately 10 deep.

Legend, you are wrong. He pulled the press off with two minutes to go in the game. The 1-2-2 as you call it was full court, watch the film. I just did. When you try to break a kids will to continue to participate you are a jerk, this is what the SV coach is. I have no repect for him.
IMO Coach Jackie Day Crisp has alot of class, he saw his team was beat and took his starters out. Patton only played about 12 minutes total as he sat out part of the second quarter and come out early in the 3rd. Pburg basically played the JV and Freshman in the second half. SV pressed them into the floor. It is sad when you had such respect for a program such as SV; and now a coach destroys that respect due to his actions. Sorry SV, as long as Booher is your coach you will continue to loose respect for yourself.
Way to go Valley
cowgirl34 Wrote:Well I hate to say that P-burg couldn't do anything with the Cats. This is a little pay back for when they beat S.V. in football! waaaaaaaaahahahahaha

thats alot of payback to be done..
As I understand it Coach Crisp left his mothers side (whom they flew to Lexington last Wednesday night) to come back and coach this game. I think many agree about pressing that deep into this kind of game. Let's talk about player performance of the younger ones that got playing time too. They dont get alot of court time normally.