Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Shelby Valley 107 Pburg 44
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Valley still untested
OMGosh..talk about taking advantage of a VERY down P-burg team!
is this boys or girls
Well I hate to say that P-burg couldn't do anything with the Cats. This is a little pay back for when they beat S.V. in football! waaaaaaaaahahahahaha
Football and Basketball have nothing to do with eachother.

There is no use for a score like this. Seriously, does Valley just love to run up the score on every team they play?
cowgirl34 Wrote:Well I hate to say that P-burg couldn't do anything with the Cats. This is a little pay back for when they beat S.V. in football! waaaaaaaaahahahahaha

Yeah, lol because you will never ever beat us in football!
Terrible game by the Blackcats. SV certainly seems to be clicking on all cylinders. The SV coach loves to run up the score and crush the confidence of a team having a struggle. I was at the game, SV was full court pressing with a 45 point lead! Coach, you have no class and remember this; what goes around comes around. You did a lot of damage tonight in Prestonsburg to kids that are struggling. I hope you are proud. SV, I was very impressed by your kids, they played great. But your coach is classless. What a jerk.
I hate teams that do that. I really think it should be considered unsportsmanlike ! What fun is it to humiliate kids that are getting out there, busting their butts and doing everything they possibly can for their team? It's okay to want to be a winner, but I believe there is such a thing as taking it too far. Maybe someday the shoe will be on the other foot, and Valley will see how it feels!
brokencard Wrote:I hate teams that do that. I really think it should be considered unsportsmanlike ! What fun is it to humiliate kids that are getting out there, busting their butts and doing everything they possibly can for their team? It's okay to want to be a winner, but I believe there is such a thing as taking it too far. Maybe someday the shoe will be on the other foot, and Valley will see how it feels!

I agree, I know that coach Jackie Day Crisp would never do this, he has too much class. Again, I totally appreciate the SV kids, they are good and deserve to win. The coach is a jerk.
Okay folks, let's make sure we keep this thread on the up and up. We don't want it to get out of hand. Let's not get carried away.So what did SV do to get that big of an upper hand? Was there any bright spots for P'burg anywhere in the game?
Omg maybe Valley is the best team in the region.
was it the refs beaver?
hornetfan Wrote:was it the refs beaver?

I dont understand your question.
I don't think the refs had any part in this game. Valley is a good team. Prestonsburg missed some easy shots which helped valley get a big lead in the 1st half. But like Beaver said, full court press being up 45 pts.. Is Booher that classless? I think so.
hornetfan Wrote:was it the refs beaver?
I think someone is trying to start a little something, which we wont go there with a score like this. Lets talk about the game, I asked some questions in a post Id like to know the answers to if someone could do that. Thanks.
Wow...
I have no ties to either school but it is sad when this occurs. These are high school kids with a competitive spirit. It is fine to win when you can but let's face it....it is a sad day when a group of adults (head coach & assistants) behave in this manner. SV is building a reputation (remember David's score?) and it's not a good one. Keep your heads up Prestonsburg and keep working. Something good will come of this.
Wow, no class what so ever by Valley's coach
SSDD Wrote:I have no ties to either school but it is sad when this occurs. These are high school kids with a competitive spirit. It is fine to win when you can but let's face it....it is a sad day when a group of adults (head coach & assistants) behave in this manner. SV is building a reputation (remember David's score?) and it's not a good one. Keep your heads up Prestonsburg and keep working. Something good will come of this.

I have to agree, you don't need to be pressing a team when you have them down 30 plus... One the other hand some players don't play well unless they are pressing. I still don't think you keep pressing the ball. I wasnt there but Ive seen it before and it's not a good feeling even if your rooting for the team winning. You start to root for the other team to score.
THUNDERCHILD Wrote:So what did SV do to get that big of an upper hand? Was there any bright spots for P'burg anywhere in the game?

Can someone give me some help here that was at the game?
Don't agree with running up the score on this level. But not many leads are safe in basketball. But regardless of the circumstances of this game or the David game, it is SV's right to run up the score if they choose. I'm sure Pburg wouldn't hesitate to do it to SV in football. But for any team that does this sort of thing, you need to remember YOUR DAY WILL COME!! Pburg won't be down forever and SV will get repaid at some point.

So I guess we know now that the David game wasn't just a fluke. SV must want to blow out everyone they can. We'll see how they do when they start playing teams that they can't blow out.
When you take out 5 and you put 5 more in you, can't ask them to to play without the same intensity. Valley has alot of talent and the bench wants to play to their potential.
THUNDERCHILD Wrote:So what did SV do to get that big of an upper hand? Was there any bright spots for P'burg anywhere in the game?

Help me, Help me, somebody help me. I couldnt be at the game, can someone that was at the game give me a clue and maybe answer the above questions?
alleycat53 Wrote:When you take out 5 and you put 5 more in you, can't ask them to to play without the same intensity. Valley has alot of talent and the bench wants to play to their potential.

And i guess this is another veiw???
alleycat53 Wrote:When you take out 5 and you put 5 more in you, can't ask them to to play without the same intensity. Valley has alot of talent and the bench wants to play to their potential.

[font=&quot]I agree, but you don't have to press. When you have an insurmountable lead, you start to work on other parts of your team’s game, working the ball around till you get the wide open under the basket shot etc. I guess it becomes like a live practice.[/font]
Wow
Shelby Valley played great again, P-burg isn't a terrible team they just got in the way of a steamroller. Booher played his last 5 on the bench the whole 4th quarter and part of the third. They lose hardly anything when SV goes to the second five. They built a big lead with the press, but P-burg couldn't handle the half court 1-2-2 either. They just couldn't handle the ball and SV shot a high percentage. I am more and more impressed with the play of the kids from SV.
Didn't realize that Pburg was that down this year. I knew they were down, but to lose that bad?

Look forward to seeing SV against the top teams! Should be a good season.
That helps me out a little bit in answering my questions I asked on page one.
Pages: 1 2 3 4