Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powell Next Year
The College One Wrote:ukno8, did yall win the state championship this year? oh yea u didnt cause u got BASHED by mercer. GO TITANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow Powell was a wonderful 1-9 last year. You really have a leg to stand on with that comment right there. A 1-9 team telling a 13-2 team that they got "BASHED" because they lost by 3 points in the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP game. While the Powell County players had been playing basketball for about 5 or 6 weeks. Hello McFly......Confusedhh:
That is a real smart post TCO! I am sure that Breathitt really needs some bulletin board material to help motivate before facing Powell next season!:dontthink
The College One Wrote:ok guys. heres how its goin down for next year. we gonna dominate. we got a good and now experienced quarterback named bill rice. he did all right last year for a first time ever qb. we gonna have a good line, good backs, fast defense, and a winning record. jesse rose wont start at qb cause he aint good enough. the only real reason he started cause of his daddy. he aint good at all. he falied. thats why he was good. bill will lead the drive next year. we will beat breathitt and we will crush them.
Tank, Russell was just as good as Mercer man. I didn't think Russell would even make it but they played like warriors against Mercer and take away a so-called TD that in my eyes wasn't a TD and Russell would have won. Russell was so good that myself and everyone else who watched the game was questioning " Man, Was Mercer really that good after all ?" That's a compliment to Russell, They made a whole bunch of skeptics as to how good Mercer really was. Explain this to me Tank;
How can the line be good when they won't hire anyone to teach them and make them better? How can the line be good when nobody on the line is busting their asses in the weight room? Big Bill is a player, I agree and he suited coache's offense. You get a coach in there that runs spread or an option and I see Bill playing tight end. No insult to you Bill but if the new coach runs an O where the qb is a primary runner, I'm sorry Bill but you will be a Tight end and that's no disgrace. Hey, If the new coach runs a 5-step or 3 step drop (alot of pocket passing) You'd be perfect. Jesse Rose is good athelete, I know what I've seen from him and in an option or spread where the qb will run alot or scramble, He could be the Qb. The passing edge goes to Bill, The running edge goes to Rose. Hey Tank, I love the way you've forgot all about coach Jones.
Truthbeknown Wrote:That is a real smart post TCO! I am sure that Breathitt really needs some bulletin board material to help motivate before facing Powell next season!:dontthink
I'm sure Holcomb hasn't forgot when they threw him out of Powell's basketball gym a couple years ago(lol)
Billy Rice at Tight End ... youve got to be joking ... it doesnt matter what offense the coach runs next year they will do what is sucessful and that is pass the ball ... The pirates passed alot this year and when i played for Bruce Jones all we did was line up and run the ball down their throat ... I'm sure that the new coach isnt going to let Billys talent go to waste ... i know that jesse can run but thats what a runningback is for, which i see jesse being most successful at .. When you play qb theres more than just hiking the ball and taking off running .. it takes something special that i fell only bill has ... the line is big and tough as nails this year .. if they only had someone to push them then they could be the best line in their region .. i mean their already the biggest .. there is 3 good receivers that didnt play last year playing .. two of them run track ... their alot of ppl playing this didnt this year .. maybe bout 40 kids counting the freshman .. there is also alot more support from the ad min this year too .. they called the kids in the gym the other day and gave them a weightlifting scedule and encouraged them to lift .. I have high hopes for this powell team this year
Thank you cannon209 ... You're the only one that has hopes for us .. I would put a detailed thing about our team this year like the other threads do but no one cares and plus I don't have time, I'm too busy practicing my Tight End skills .. We will just do our talking on the field.
Don't be so sure about the support. They promised Coach Jones the same things then didn't follow through. They promised Coach Carter the same things, didn't follow through but he caught on quicker than Coach Jones and lasted 1 or 2 days. Also, bigbill2, beginning lifting in April helps, BUT, you are still 5 months behind everyone you play. Best of Luck to Powell this year but I have to say it will be an uphill battle. I spoke to someone just 2 days ago that told me that the LINE will be weak (not lifting), and will be young since the Elam kid and the Howell kid have made statements that they are not going to play. I know Coach Jones did not want to play the type of offense they did this year but attempted to coach to the strength of the team. If he had a QB that could have fit in his offense he would have tried to run it down everyones throats. The QB's he had to choose from could not run the offense he loves to run. Running the option if tough and you have to have a QB that can run. Josh Stewart was a good QB for Coach Jones offense. He was a threat running the ball so if and when they ran the option, the defense had to honor the QB. With a QB that is not a threat, you take away the other options and you have shut them down. Again, I wish the best to the kids there at Powell but until the players want it, the administration wants it, it will be a miracle. The people I have spoken to that had an interest in this job said that after they spoke to people there it would take someone that wanted to use it as a stepping stone or insane to take that job. They found out quick about the support.
uhhh guys ... before you experts get to far into this .. have you guys ever seen billy run before ..the kid isnt no josh stewert but hes not slow .. hes hard to take down too .. if im not mistaken he ran in 3 scores .. they was all like 5 or 6 yards a peice but he drug at least 3 ppl the whole way .. he will get stronger and faster if he ever gets away from basketball and gets in the weightroom .. basketball has really helped him speed wise tho
its ok cannon .. lets just do our thing in powell co. .. who cares who's qb as long as we have a winning record .. im all for winning .. i would play tight end or linebacker any day to win .. but this year im going to take the reigns of the team this and be a leader .. if im not fast enough for the new coach then ill get faster someway
why play bill at tight end, he is too slow, he cant run the ball, might as well put him at guard. bill will be a starter the rest of his high school career. rose will play, but only when powell is up by 30 or down by 30( which i dont see happening if everyone gets together and becomes a team) with 2 mins. to go. bill is not slow. he finished in the top 3 or 4 everytime we conditioned during the season. bill is one of the best players powell has for the team, he is a natural athlete, any team would be happy to have him. he has leadership and he is smart. the rose kid, is just that a kid. i dont see him doing anything that special when hes a freshman, when hes a junior he might start qb, but if the branham kid that was workin towards the end of the season at the qb spot gets better and sticks with it, rose wont be playing qb until a senior if that. bill, imo will remain starting qb the next 2 years, no matter what kind of offense, coach jones loved they way bill was, and will give word to the new coach or make note about his heart, and determination, and his strength and speed.
augustus Wrote:Don't be so sure about the support. They promised Coach Jones the same things then didn't follow through. They promised Coach Carter the same things, didn't follow through but he caught on quicker than Coach Jones and lasted 1 or 2 days. Also, bigbill2, beginning lifting in April helps, BUT, you are still 5 months behind everyone you play. Best of Luck to Powell this year but I have to say it will be an uphill battle. I spoke to someone just 2 days ago that told me that the LINE will be weak (not lifting), and will be young since the Elam kid and the Howell kid have made statements that they are not going to play. I know Coach Jones did not want to play the type of offense they did this year but attempted to coach to the strength of the team. If he had a QB that could have fit in his offense he would have tried to run it down everyones throats. The QB's he had to choose from could not run the offense he loves to run. Running the option if tough and you have to have a QB that can run. Josh Stewart was a good QB for Coach Jones offense. He was a threat running the ball so if and when they ran the option, the defense had to honor the QB. With a QB that is not a threat, you take away the other options and you have shut them down. Again, I wish the best to the kids there at Powell but until the players want it, the administration wants it, it will be a miracle. The people I have spoken to that had an interest in this job said that after they spoke to people there it would take someone that wanted to use it as a stepping stone or insane to take that job. They found out quick about the support.
..I would like to say that ritchie and Harlan elam did not make any statments about quiting wat so ever and by this is harlan elam ...and ritchie has told me he is gonna play weather we go 0-986532 or 15-0
bigbill2 Wrote:Thank you cannon209 ... You're the only one that has hopes for us .. I would put a detailed thing about our team this year like the other threads do but no one cares and plus I don't have time, I'm too busy practicing my Tight End skills .. We will just do our talking on the field.
Your missing my point Bill. I'm not down grading you at all, You did a great job and I'm on your side. My point is this, Your 6'3 a pretty good size kid. Your a good athelete and if by some chance who ever the new coach is doesn't start you at Qb, I could see you being a tight end. My whole point is, Your a good football player and if your not the Qb( by some chance) Then they're gonna put you at another skill position and tight end probably would be the next option. Hey, If it was my call you'd be my Qb, and I wouldn't give it a second thought. We'd go 4 wide, Gun, Spread the field and spread the Defense and let her fly. Your a passer, We'd pass the ball. Stroked, Buddy he probably would have made a better linemen than you.
stroked Wrote:why play bill at tight end, he is too slow, he cant run the ball, might as well put him at guard. bill will be a starter the rest of his high school career. rose will play, but only when powell is up by 30 or down by 30( which i dont see happening if everyone gets together and becomes a team) with 2 mins. to go. bill is not slow. he finished in the top 3 or 4 everytime we conditioned during the season. bill is one of the best players powell has for the team, he is a natural athlete, any team would be happy to have him. he has leadership and he is smart. the rose kid, is just that a kid. i dont see him doing anything that special when hes a freshman, when hes a junior he might start qb, but if the branham kid that was workin towards the end of the season at the qb spot gets better and sticks with it, rose wont be playing qb until a senior if that. bill, imo will remain starting qb the next 2 years, no matter what kind of offense, coach jones loved they way bill was, and will give word to the new coach or make note about his heart, and determination, and his strength and speed.
Don't stroke out, Stroked. I'm just gettin ya fired up a little. This is a good post about Bill and sums up all the things I have personally saw and heard about this young man. Bill is a TEAM-FIRST kinda guy and above all else, THAT'S WHAT MATTERS. Good luck to ya Bill your a leader.
Getum-Choppin Wrote:What staff? Coach Jone's main concern was his staff. One of the main reasons he's possibly leaving is due to the fact they wont hire him football coaches.
He had a bunch of play station football coaches who had 0 football knowledge and they got him killed. All you locals are saying that's the best staff ever, That's bull crap! Why cause they're nice guys and never push the kids? Your gonna lose a good coach over there and his staff who couldn't even get 11 on the field with their assigned special teams are a big part as to why he is leaving.
They had a line coach who didnt even know what and when to use a double team last game of the year. 3 kids showed up for weight lifting yesterday.
Before you make this big uproar for coach Jones, mabey you need to ask the man first if he wants to come back to a place where the baseball team gets first priority in the football team's weight room or mabey he dont want to come back to a place where he gets no support or no coaches.
1- He has been told by the admin., He still wont get support for this season
2- He's not gonna get any coaches hired for him that know football
3- He has to set his weight lifting sched. around the baseball teams in a FOOTBALL FIELD HOUSE because they won the region. Hey, that's a football facility.
4- Averages 3 at the most 3 days a week for lifting.
So before you make these petitions mabey you should ask the man why he would even want to be back. You so-called petitioners, Some of you were the same people who wanted rid of coach and vowed pay-back for non-playing time for certain players. NOW YOUR LEADING A PETITION TO KEEP COACH, WHAT????? (two-faced). You think caoch Jones dont see how two-faced you are, He's not fooled.

#1 problem with powell football is getting the top athletes to come out to play....
Derrick Blackford #1 Wrote:We Going To Kill
we are going to kill:Skull03: