Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powell Next Year
We Going To Kill
Rumor has it that Powell will be getting rid of Coach Jones for the upcoming season and will bring in yet another one...IMO I say If Powell is smart enough that they should keep Coach Jones and Bring Coach Fugate back to help out even more, because they are going to have a pretty solid team next year on both sides of the ball and the 8th grade that is coming up only lost 2 games and is a pretty good batch kids...Powell shouold do well next year that is if they keep Coach Jones...he will be able to get you a winning season at powell.
Dude I'm sorry but you are not going to bash. I'm not trying to put you down but you all are not going to bash at all.. Didn't you all just get a football team a couple years ago??? There was a rumor that your football team was getting replaced by a soccer team.. Thats bashing alright. Anyway good luck on your "Bashing" Next season.
I'm Pretty Sure I Read In A Thread On Here Powell Has NEVER Had A Winning Season...So Yea
well i guess you have to be a little bit better than in the past simply for the fact that you all won't play russell.
Powell will be rebuilding next year and will struggle to win very many games... I think a good barometer game will be against bath county next year... I hope they get things turned around soon
footballdaddy10 Wrote:Powell will be rebuilding next year and will struggle to win very many games... I think a good barometer game will be against bath county next year... I hope they get things turned around soon

TO ALL POWELL C. FANS.. you were just said to have a good competetive game with bath county how does that make you feel? that should be enuff motivation for the team to go out and win a game. or as that one feller said "KILL" hahaahahahaha it's still cracking me up powell county and killin, those to are opposites definatley not alike but who knows you could win 3 games next year.
The bottom line is Powell's schedule for next season will give them a chance to win some games. Jackson co., Berea, Betsy Lane. Now your in a district with Breathitt( who could be preseason #1 in 2a) Flemming(solid) Cawood and Estill(who will be alot better). IMO the district don't get any easier at all. Flemming and Estill return almost everybody. Cawood hasn't been a power house as of late BUT......That's a rough-neck bunch out of the mountains(Harlan co.) who will HIT YOU. Breathitt returns the core of their team and will challenge hard next year. On the positive Powell has some winnable games but some things have to happen : Powell has to get coach Jones back and give the man support. He had back to back 4-6 seasons at a place where 2-8 is generally a average year. SO WHAT if he was 1-9 last season, Powell lost nearly 30 straight before, So no need to talk of firing a man for a 1-9. Powell played alot of youth last season started at 7 freshman on both sides, Started a Soph. Qb who will be a good one. Coach Jones started these young players to build to improve for the next 3 years. So your gonna fire the man after he took his lumps this season because he's trying to get better for the next 3 years?????????? He trying to build a program.
The players have got to get in the weight room, It's a major problem when 3 kids per day show up to lift actually it spells DISASTER! The mindset has got to change within the players. IF YOU DON'T LIFT YOU WILL LOSE and that's a given. When is it gonna sink in that you don't have to be losers, You don't have to be the whippin boy year in and year out. But until you decide to get your asses in the weight room and you decide ENOUGH OF THIS LOSING, It will never change. Billy Rice will be a good one!
Derrick Blackford has the most potential of any that has played for Powell. Harlan Elam is the biggest and strongest to wear a Powell uniform. Powell could have a good year if alot of heads are got out of asses and Coach Jones is given the support he deserves and the football team gets a wake-up call and decides " WERE GONNA DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO MAKE A CHANGE". WHATEVER IT TAKES!
It takes a hell of a man to change, So I challenge you. Do you guys wanna be losers?
Do you wanna be part of an 0-10, 1-9, 2-8 season? It's real simple why don't you do something about it. TAKE THE BETSY LANE SCORE FROM LAST YEAR, POST IT ON THE WALLS OF YOUR WEIGHT ROOM. EVERY WALL POST IT. So when you think you can't do that extra rep, When you can't do that extra lift or you just don't feel like lifting or doing what it takes to be a winner. Look at that score on the wall and remember the embarrisment and how that felt to lose to Betsylane. VOW THAT IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN! DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!
Should be a great team
Good Luck to Powell and Coach Jones, I had a young team at Betsy Layne this year also.
Getum-Choppin Wrote:It takes a hell of a man to change, So I challenge you. Do you guys wanna be losers?
Do you wanna be part of an 0-10, 1-9, 2-8 season? It's real simple why don't you do something about it. TAKE THE BETSY LANE SCORE FROM LAST YEAR, POST IT ON THE WALLS OF YOUR WEIGHT ROOM. EVERY WALL POST IT. So when you think you can't do that extra rep, When you can't do that extra lift or you just don't feel like lifting or doing what it takes to be a winner. Look at that score on the wall and remember the embarrisment and how that felt to lose to Betsylane. VOW THAT IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN! DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!
ukNo8, ur going to talk bad about bath county, when they won 7 games last year. They will be returning 7 starters on both sides of the ball and even more people will be out to play. If powell plays bath next year, like they have played other teams this year, then powell will get blown away. No, bath is not a raceland or lca team, but their not the bottom of the barrel nemore.
footballdaddy10 Wrote:ukNo8, ur going to talk bad about bath county, when they won 7 games last year. They will be returning 7 starters on both sides of the ball and even more people will be out to play. If powell plays bath next year, like they have played other teams this year, then powell will get blown away. No, bath is not a raceland or lca team, but their not the bottom of the barrel nemore.
we almost won double ur games 13-2 this year yea thats what i thought, we dont have alot of starters coming back but definate good players ready to take the role and trust me we will be good next year... how much news have you heard about Bath County football???.................Ok man im not trying to look down on your team or nothing..raceland..hahaahhahaha wow raceland i cnat wait till we play them next year they have a nother world of football coming at them im counting down the days..:devilflam
no but seriously in all honesty i thihnk powell will be better but thats not saying a whole lot.
ukno8, ur comparing a 1a team that had, until this year, had not had a winning season since 1998, to a 2a team that is a state title contender every year. Ok, like thats really fair. Powell county is not even close to the talent level of russell, everybody knows that, that is why bath county will be a good barometer game for them if they play next year, not russell. Just because u play for russell, not every team should be compared to them. There would be like 10 teams in the whole state that should be compared to russell. And ya, russell may beat raceland next year, maybe even stomp them, but raceland is the one of the better class a teams that bath plays. Their no joke to schools the same size as them.
The'll do better this year.
Powell will come in 3rd at best in the district, behind Fleming and Breathitt.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

next year at powell it could be different, but i really dont see it happening, unless they find kids that want to play. when you only have an average of about 18 showing up at practice last season, yuor not going to be very successful. thats not even enough to have a scout team. but if powell can find kids that want to be there, and want to play, then powell can go 6-4, having their first winning season, it really should have happend last season, but no one was ready to play and it seemed there was way too much team arguing to achieve the only win powell did get. team chemistry is a key to winning at anything.
Same as last year.
It all depends on how much the young men at Powell want to win. If they want it bad enough things happen.
powell you will get killed when you come to the river bank

you will be lucky to play breathitt with in 100

go bobcats:1:
honestly i think that nothing will change for along time at powell......to be quite honest i don't think that they will be any good, just like the past years.
well in the past few years they have went 9-21, thats a whole lot better than 3-27 that some teams have produced in a 3 year span. i think this is all due to coaching staff that is there. jones has don a great job these past few years with what he has had. powell will become a good team, but somethings are holding them back, mainly the man power.
stroked Wrote:well in the past few years they have went 9-21, thats a whole lot better than 3-27 that some teams have produced in a 3 year span. i think this is all -------------due to coaching staff that is there. jones has don a great job these past few years with what he has had. powell will become a good team, but somethings are holding them back, mainly the man power.
What staff? Coach Jone's main concern was his staff. One of the main reasons he's possibly leaving is due to the fact they wont hire him football coaches.
He had a bunch of play station football coaches who had 0 football knowledge and they got him killed. All you locals are saying that's the best staff ever, That's bull crap! Why cause they're nice guys and never push the kids? Your gonna lose a good coach over there and his staff who couldn't even get 11 on the field with their assigned special teams are a big part as to why he is leaving.
They had a line coach who didnt even know what and when to use a double team last game of the year. 3 kids showed up for weight lifting yesterday.
Before you make this big uproar for coach Jones, mabey you need to ask the man first if he wants to come back to a place where the baseball team gets first priority in the football team's weight room or mabey he dont want to come back to a place where he gets no support or no coaches.
1- He has been told by the admin., He still wont get support for this season
2- He's not gonna get any coaches hired for him that know football
3- He has to set his weight lifting sched. around the baseball teams in a FOOTBALL FIELD HOUSE because they won the region. Hey, that's a football facility.
4- Averages 3 at the most 3 days a week for lifting.
So before you make these petitions mabey you should ask the man why he would even want to be back. You so-called petitioners, Some of you were the same people who wanted rid of coach and vowed pay-back for non-playing time for certain players. NOW YOUR LEADING A PETITION TO KEEP COACH, WHAT????? (two-faced). You think caoch Jones dont see how two-faced you are, He's not fooled.
The baseball team has no problem with the football team .. they dont intrude on them .. both programs work with each other not around each other .. coach jones is a great coach tho .. he could have walked out on a young team this year but stuck with them and still fought hard .. the administration doesnt look at that .. they think that coach doesnt care .. they wont give him ne support at all and he may have arranged last year, by playing youngsters , for the best season that powell will have ever had .. it is definitly the admin. doing this .. i dont see coach jones walking out on all the talent powell has coming up .. as far as 3 a day for weightlifting, i know atleast 6 ppl that wouldnt miss practice for ne thing but church or emergency .. just hang in there powell .. after basketball season you guys will have rice and crowe and a few other ppl out there .. they are in basketball and billy still asks me everyday if im playing this year or not .. but as far as the admin goes .. that needs to change
I know for a fact that 3 per day show up for lifting and 2 of them are freshman.
Coach Jones is no fool and he wont be back, NO SUPPORT,NO DEDICATION.
Baseball team had a great year, Football team didn't. SO........Baseball gets all and what they need and the football team gets nothing. Until the football team gets as much as basketball and baseball does it will never change. MY GOSH, The football teams gate money is divided up between all sports (WHAT??) Powell's coaches has to pay for clinics out of their own pocket. I feel bad for Bruce, He's a fine man and coach in a terrible situation. He's gone and by his choice. He can coach elsewhere.
WHY ON EARTH WOULD HE STAY??? He's gonna get 0 coaches hired, No SUPPORT FROM THE TOP at all and nobody in the weight room. So you think he should hang around when he could be 0-10 this season, NOT GONNA HAPPEN.
ukno8, did yall win the state championship this year? oh yea u didnt cause u got BASHED by mercer. GO TITANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I agree with getum choppin all the way on this one .. Except the 0-10 part .. You cant give up on us this early .. When basketball is over there will be ppl in the weightroom .. trust me
ok guys. heres how its goin down for next year. we gonna dominate. we got a good and now experienced quarterback named bill rice. he did all right last year for a first time ever qb. we gonna have a good line, good backs, fast defense, and a winning record. jesse rose wont start at qb cause he aint good enough. the only real reason he started cause of his daddy. he aint good at all. he falied. thats why he was good. bill will lead the drive next year. we will beat breathitt and we will crush them.
The College One Wrote:ukno8, did yall win the state championship this year? oh yea u didnt cause u got BASHED by mercer. GO TITANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man if a 3 point loss is "BASHED" I would hate to see your opinion of many other football games. We held the most prolific scoring team in AA to only 15 points. There was definitely no bashing there.

Here is a bit of information for you.

Russell's regular season district record was 7-0. In which they outscored their opponents 338-60 including a district win over Powell 55-0. Their over all record was 13-2 with the 2 losses coming from AAA Ashland 24-21 in 3 OT and a 15-12 loss to Mercer in the State Championship game.

Now for the Powell County fans out there I am not bashing the team. Just putting some statistics out there to refute this ridiculous claim that Russell got "BASHED".

Sorry to get off topic. Carry on.