Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Impending Coaching change at South Floyd
good luck raiders
I doubt very seriously there will be any coaching changes with the consolidation happening in the next 2 years.
Love threads like these -

Facts are SF wasn't very good without the Tackett kid transferring from BL, I watched them get beat by 20 consistently this summer, by some not so good teams too.

Your coach doesn't do a bad job, actually he does great for what he has to work with - 2 nice players and a bunch of role players.

Kevin Spurlock will be the head coach at the new school, so I do not see AC or SF making any changes until then.
They have also got beat by not so good teams with him all I'm saying is once the kid is close to 10 turnovers u gotta take him out with the talent they have with a good coach they would easily have a winning record right now
Anybody who knows basketball whatsoever knows Andrew Tackett is a great player and could start for probably any team in the region. You take him off SF and they may not win 5 games. You guys are bashing a kid that will be without a doubt the best player in the 58th next year. It's sad what jealous players and parents will try to do to make themselves feel better. Sounds to me like the only thing the SF coach needs to work on is getting rid of some trouble makers
I've watched him play every game this season the best player in the 58th next year every one else must be loosing alot the coach needs to learn how to coach how many years has he been there and how many winning season's has he had
I would take my boy somewhere else if I was this unhappy and hopefully when they play against each other he gets to play the entire game.
Stridder9034 Wrote:Who's #34 think his last name is hall for the raiders is he a new kid from a different school first year I've seen him play. Ive watched them over in the all A and him and Collins does pretty good together. My opinion looks like hall(34) hasn't played much of a big man position

The hall kid is from knott Co I believe he hasn't played much down low but can shoot the 3 ball well and is very strong when he plays down low
i guess this team needs to fire some players sounds like some of u think this is the nba get rid of some players , im sure this arent no players on here , and the 58 district is week this year, and one player dont make a team ,
The raiders loose another one because of to many turnovers
This is just ridiculous.... no one else could do a better job than Justin
kaylamoore Wrote:Your school is consolidating. I don't look for any coaching changes to be made until that happens.
That consolidation could take years. I don't agree with you that they will wait. Let's just say the school isn't done for 3 or 4 years. Would they wait then??

However, I think the coach at South Floyd has done a tremendous job with the hand he's been dealt. This is obviously a disgruntled player or parent controlling those two accounts. If it is a player, then I highly suggest some work on your grammar before you try to get better at basketball. There's only one job that should be opening in Floyd County anyways and it's not SF.
SouthFloyd4Lyfe Wrote:This is just ridiculous.... no one else could do a better job than Justin

I agree. Great guy and a developing coach.
Got a bad poker hand to start with.See how he does next year,just go from there.
He's been there 3 season counting this one hasn't had a winning season yet I'm pretty sure they could find some one else
sf has 3 big men they get out rebounded ever game , and its a lot easier to make a 5 foot shot than a 20ft shot , and when somone starts talking about the grammar they r a teacher or something of the sort most of the time he needs to stop sitting on the bench the hole game or hiding beside the water cooler and yell at them boys and enforce his will on the team they r kids u got to tell them to get there hands up play defense run down the court and take them out when there not doing what u tell them he can be there friend after the game they dont have no respect for him
bad poker hand anyone would love to have that team i would play at least 2 big men all the time maybe 3 no one could get a rebound or a good shot we play the 2-3 zone with under sized forwards and get destroyed all the time
developing who u must not go to the games
there isnt a handful of people that likes what is going on at sf no one kids can get better if they arent taught to do it the right way
did catch a freshmen game there coach never sit down and didnt care who he took out he took the point guard out for passing to much
With Betsy layne getting beat tonight there is no way the raiders shouldn't win district I guess we will see what the raiders and coach Holbrook are made of
and quit blaming the players really
schools r in sad shape when the coach has to be someone at that school , you my as well say that u dont give a dam about most of those kids , so go get one of your cooks, or the janitor or the trash man may they are good people to dont make them a coach, SAD SHAPE
Why can't parents coach? There's nothing wrong with having a parent coach all of the kids. It would be so easy to keep everyone in their family happy by playing their kid all the time. They could shoot when they want, pass if they wanted to and act as if they're playing defense. They would not have to worry about doing anything by the rules or worry about lawsuits because why would they want to bring litigation upon themselves. I hate the school system and all the rules they have to go by!! A person wouldn't need to call that parent a coach because it would be easier to say Dad am I doing good. Let's get together on this and sign a petition to have a better say in school activities. I say throw out the principals and assistant principals and have a parent get threatened about 5 times a day that they're going to get sued! That would not happen either because they're not going to sue themselves. The only drawback would be the other parents would hate the parent, cook, custodian or anyone that coaches. I would say this as a parent I would make sure the parent coach would know my name and not get on Bluegrassrivals which was made for discussions and not downgrading a coach that's still learning and takes his team to many places that they would not get the opportunity to see and experience. One that makes sure his kids have something to eat and get home safely when the other parents don't show up. My name is Barry Hall aka Wyatt Earp and Justin Holbrook is my friend.
Trouble brewing in South Floyd.Yes,they got size,ask the coach yourself why he don't play them.There must be a reason why.If it's personal,settle it.Don't get fixed.well......you got choices to make.
region Wrote:Love threads like these -

Facts are SF wasn't very good without the Tackett kid transferring from BL, I watched them get beat by 20 consistently this summer, by some not so good teams too.

Your coach doesn't do a bad job, actually he does great for what he has to work with - 2 nice players and a bunch of role players.

Kevin Spurlock will be the head coach at the new school, so I do not see AC or SF making any changes until then.
Why would the people in Floyd County be dumb enough to hire Spurlock? The guy is a joke and obviously doesn't do well with kids. He's been fired or forced to leave his last two or three jobs with the exception of Sheldon Clark. If they are dumb enough to hire him, they are automatically setting theirselves up for failure. Hope this is wrong for the sake of the new school.
region Wrote:Love threads like these -

Lol I don't see how or why they would hire Spurlock. The guy has no personality and I don't think I've met anyone that likes him. I have heard that he will be a candidate for the job, which is mind boggling to me. Big time mistake if they hire this guy.
Watson, it seems to me that it could be the coach or the players at fault. There is nothing like first hand evidence. With my suspicions, it could be both. Remember, I am the last and highest court of appeals in detection.
CoffeeBlack Wrote:Why would the people in Floyd County be dumb enough to hire Spurlock? The guy is a joke and obviously doesn't do well with kids. He's been fired or forced to leave his last two or three jobs with the exception of Sheldon Clark. If they are dumb enough to hire him, they are automatically setting theirselves up for failure. Hope this is wrong for the sake of the new school.

kywildcat606 Wrote:Lol I don't see how or why they would hire Spurlock. The guy has no personality and I don't think I've met anyone that likes him. I have heard that he will be a candidate for the job, which is mind boggling to me. Big time mistake if they hire this guy.

It's worth noting that Allen Central created a position for Spurlock out of nowhere. He was hired to ultimately be the coach at the new school. I've heard from multiple people close to the school and central office that he may even be the basketball coach at AC next year. They have already made him baseball coach at AC. That was a head scratching decision in itself. Coach Chad Hall and his staff had turned that program into a region contender. Bottom line, don't let any decisions in Floyd County schools surprise you. It's very much an old school good ole boy system. However, as always just the opinion of an outsider looking in.
Can we also just stop for a second and consider the fact that most A-list coaches wouldn't want a job at South Floyd simply because of the location? You guys have a decent coach who has made a pretty good name for himself. You might not get any comparable applicants if you let him go.

And this thread sounds like it began from parents and players whose feelings are hurt over a more talented kid getting playing time over them/theirs. I don't know about the rest of my fellow coaches on here -- but my kids sign an agreement at the beginning of the season stating that playing time is not open for discussion and any complaints will be "rewarded" with even less playing time. It seems to help prevent situations like these.