Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell 31 Corbin 23
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:What is this about Russell sending Corbin a funeral home wreath and a card that said don't count on getting a state title this year?Smile
www.thetimestribune.com/sports
\

I spoke to 7 Corbin parents on the way into the gate and made a statement about the flowers,, They told me that the parents of the Corbin team sent it to the school to pump up the players.. I made a statement that Kasey would NEVER do something like that.. they said" Yea we know thats why the parents and the boosters of our team sent it to the school" We know that Russell is too classy and would not allow that to happen.." Well it was a close one ...
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
Devilologist Wrote:\

I spoke to 7 Corbin parents on the way into the gate and made a statement about the flowers,, They told me that the parents of the Corbin team sent it to the school to pump up the players.. I made a statement that Kasey would NEVER do something like that.. they said" Yea we know thats why the parents and the boosters of our team sent it to the school" We know that Russell is too classy and would not allow that to happen.." Well it was a close one ...

I didn't think Russell would do that. That paper needs to take that garbage down trying to make Russell look bad.
how a bout a letter to the editor of the paper... How would that be..
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
Russell has now officially played 2 good teams this season. Not GREAT teams but a good team in Ashland and a pretty good Corbin team. Russell had Corbin down bad early and let them creep back in and hang around. Corbin's hard schedule had them ready to hang around and Russell's schedule allowed Corbin to hang around. Nobody should be more thankful than Russell for the new playoff alignment cause it could have been Mercer and the Russell ride would be over. Russell's cupcakes cost them next week. "We played the same teams last year" before you even start that, Russell's district this season was the weakest 2a district in the state.
Getum-Choppin Wrote:Russell has now officially played 2 good teams this season. Not GREAT teams but a good team in Ashland and a pretty good Corbin team. Russell had Corbin down bad early and let them creep back in and hang around. Corbin's hard schedule had them ready to hang around and Russell's schedule allowed Corbin to hang around. Nobody should be more thankful than Russell for the new playoff alignment cause it could have been Mercer and the Russell ride would be over. Russell's cupcakes cost them next week. "We played the same teams last year" before you even start that, Russell's district this season was the weakest 2a district in the state.

We don't care who it is we fear no one so don't even go there about Mercer County
congrats Russell
Getum-Choppin Wrote:Russell has now officially played 2 good teams this season. Not GREAT teams but a good team in Ashland and a pretty good Corbin team. Russell had Corbin down bad early and let them creep back in and hang around. Corbin's hard schedule had them ready to hang around and Russell's schedule allowed Corbin to hang around. Nobody should be more thankful than Russell for the new playoff alignment cause it could have been Mercer and the Russell ride would be over. Russell's cupcakes cost them next week. "We played the same teams last year" before you even start that, Russell's district this season was the weakest 2a district in the state.

Coach Fugate, why are you always hating on Russell? If their district is so bad, why are you always begging the worse team in their district (Powell County) to hire you? If I need to bring evidence in to support that claim, I will. You have coached at Powell, Rowan, and Magoffin (that I know of) and they are all three POWERHOUSES! The point is, Russell has beat everyone they had to so they could get where they are. On a side note, you kissed Westerns butt all season and I told you Preston would blow it. The point is you don't have to get on the Russell bandwagon, just quit crying when they prove you wrong!!!

I'll be the first to start it. Russell has no choice in who they play or what district they play in. Everyone out there needs to understand that. As for Mercer. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. As for Western they are gone.

This road has been traveled to death. Leave the scheduling out of it. RUSSELL HAS NO CHOICE!

Russell has done what they had to do to get where they are right now. If they lose at Belfry then they will have had a much better season that the majority of the teams out there. PERIOD. We hold our heads high knowing that we are Regional champs. We are making our third state semi final appearance in three years and we have shown that we may know a little bit about football in our little town.
I have one final thing to say about Mercer. It would be a shame and a terrible season to not win it. Due to the fact that they are a 4A team playing in AA. If they don't win out this year then they should be ashamed of themselves.

GettumChoppin. The whole Russell scheduling issue is in the hands of the KHSAA and we all know they do some stupid things such as allowing 2 schools to merge their sports teams and not even be in the same building. Neither one makes any sense and none of us has any control over it.

I think Russell should merge with Raceland and we can all just stay in our own buildings. With the run that Russell has made and the run Raceland has made we could be unstoppable.Rolleyes
It didn't hurt to bad tonight against a VERY,VERY good Corbin team. We did play the same schedule last year when we won it all and 90% of the players on this team were on last year's team. You don't think about that though, this team has been through very tough games and are a seasoned team. I think this game was good for them though after having a weak district this year, other than Fleming. I think it will better prepare Russell for a tough Belfry team but I don't think the weak district will be an issue since this team is so seasoned.
Midee1 Wrote:I have one final thing to say about Mercer. It would be a shame and a terrible season to not win it. Due to the fact that they are a 4A team playing in AA. If they don't win out this year then they should be ashamed of themselves.

GettumChoppin. The whole Russell scheduling issue is in the hands of the KHSAA and we all know they do some stupid things such as allowing 2 schools to merge their sports teams and not even be in the same building. Neither one makes any sense and none of us has any control over it.

I think Russell should merge with Raceland and we can all just stay in our own buildings. With the run that Russell has made and the run Raceland has made we could be unstoppable.Rolleyes

AMEN, AMEN, AMEN!!!!!:Thumbs:

It's Merger County? I think you misspelled it.

This team consist of 90% of the players who were on last year's team. They have played GREAT teams and are quite battle tested and will be ready. Is it just me or are you always bashing Russell is some way? It alway seems like you are, do you not like Russell for whatever reason? What's the deal?
Hey Choppin,

Ashland is a very good team who came a hair of beating the 3A semi-finalist and I think Corbin is even better than Ashland. Corbin a pretty good team? What? Corbin is a great football team right now. They may have taken their lumps early but now they are a great team. Were you at the game last night? I doubt you were since you described Corbin as pretty good because if you had been there I think your oppinion on them would be different.
Both teams played great, but i guess someone had to win. Congrats to russell and you better perpar at C.A.M.
Midee1 Wrote:I have one final thing to say about Mercer. It would be a shame and a terrible season to not win it. Due to the fact that they are a 4A team playing in AA. If they don't win out this year then they should be ashamed of themselves.

:Thumbs: :Thumbs: :Thumbs:
thecoacher Wrote:Coach Fugate, why are you always hating on Russell? If their district is so bad, why are you always begging the worse team in their district (Powell County) to hire you? If I need to bring evidence in to support that claim, I will. You have coached at Powell, Rowan, and Magoffin (that I know of) and they are all three POWERHOUSES! The point is, Russell has beat everyone they had to so they could get where they are. On a side note, you kissed Westerns butt all season and I told you Preston would blow it. The point is you don't have to get on the Russell bandwagon, just quit crying when they prove you wrong!!!
First off, Russell is a fine football team and I have always given respect for coach Maglone and the job he's done. IMO, Their schedule hurts them against a team like Belfry. I know they cannot help who they play in dist. BUT.......Their dist. was so down it didn't help prepare them for a playoff atmosphere. IMO, Not getting Mercer last Friday was a big plus for them or anyoneelse in 2a for that fact. I'm just looking at the perspective that realistically, Ashland and Corbin were the only legit teams on their schedule. In which they were 1 and 1 vs. them. My point is look at Belfry, Played NCC, Sheldon Clark, Prestonsburg twice, Middlesboro.
That's a hell of a schedule against some pretty good comp. Middlesboro hung 0ver 60 on Corbin. Russell is a fine team and as well coached as anyone is, But Belfry's schedule will get them the W Friday in my opinion.
thecoacher Wrote:Coach Fugate, why are you always hating on Russell? If their district is so bad, why are you always begging the worse team in their district (Powell County) to hire you? If I need to bring evidence in to support that claim, I will. You have coached at Powell, Rowan, and Magoffin (that I know of) and they are all three POWERHOUSES! The point is, Russell has beat everyone they had to so they could get where they are. On a side note, you kissed Westerns butt all season and I told you Preston would blow it. The point is you don't have to get on the Russell bandwagon, just quit crying when they prove you wrong!!!
Yes, I accept that challenge...........................
Bring in the evidence, Today. Let's see it. I just got off the phone with coach Jones from Powell and the only reason I would even consider coaching at Powell would be to help that man, He's been a good friend. He's 100% for me helping him and we both thought it was funny about the BEGGING statement you made(lmao).So you personally called me out, LET'S SEE THIS SO-CALLED PROOF.
Don't hide behind that nick, You know me so have the guts to tell me who you are. AND you better be able to provide this so called evidence because I'm not gonna be slandered. Get on 1411 information, I'm not going to post my number, Since you know who I am and like to call out my name on here and give me a call and you can let me know who you are in person. Hey as a matter of fact, Ill get coach Preston to come down next weekend and the 3 of us can discuss your dislikes for us. Ask coach Jones who he wants to coach his line next season and ask him how many times I begged(LMAO).
I wont be blasted over this thread, Because you called me out by my name on here and you have so-called evidence that I begged Powell countyLOL).Get your evidence ready, Call me when you get it, Show it to me face to face since your a big enough man to call out me by my name on here. Don't back down now and all tis was said without a threat.
Getum-Choppin Wrote:First off, Russell is a fine football team and I have always given respect for coach Maglone and the job he's done. IMO, Their schedule hurts them against a team like Belfry. I know they cannot help who they play in dist. BUT.......Their dist. was so down it didn't help prepare them for a playoff atmosphere. IMO, Not getting Mercer last Friday was a big plus for them or anyoneelse in 2a for that fact. I'm just looking at the perspective that realistically, Ashland and Corbin were the only legit teams on their schedule. In which they were 1 and 1 vs. them. My point is look at Belfry, Played NCC, Sheldon Clark, Prestonsburg twice, Middlesboro.
That's a hell of a schedule against some pretty good comp. Middlesboro hung 0ver 60 on Corbin. Russell is a fine team and as well coached as anyone is, But Belfry's schedule will get them the W Friday in my opinion.
And Your opinion is not always Right bottom line. Just like you talked Western up a storm and what happend to them they are sitting at home right now. The bottom line is nobody knows which team is gonna win every game is different and Russell didn't make it this far because they are a slouch.They are as good as Belfry if not better.Bottom line every team when u get this far is good so you can't always go by the schedule teams play.
Here is my one and only warning!

This thread is about the Russell/Corbin game. If you would like to discuss other teams strengths and weaknesses feel free to start a separate thread. But not in here.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:And Your opinion is not always Right bottom line. Just like you talked Western up a storm and what happend to them they are sitting at home right now. The bottom line is nobody knows which team is gonna win every game is different and Russell didn't make it this far because they are a slouch.They are as good as Belfry if not better.Bottom line every team when u get this far is good so you can't always go by the schedule teams play.
Russell is no way a slouch at all, But they played several of them.
Your exactly right, They can't help who they play. My only point is their district didn't help them any this season. That does not take away from the fact their a fine football team because they are. I bragged up Western, Yes I did but they beat beat and lost to Larue who was a top 10 2A team. CMON, Larue would have beat anyone in Russell's district except for Russell. No offense to any team but Lewis,Powell,Morgan, ect. just aint gonna get you ready for Belfry.
Newport Cath, Sheldon Clark, Pburg (2 times) and Middlesboro gets you more than ready for anybody in 2a.
Midee 1, Why is it Coacher can call me out by name on here and when I respond my thread gets deleted? Hey man if hey can say whatever he wants and call people out by name on here but when I make a response over his B.S. statements it gets erased, Then the hell with it on here.
Getum-Choppin Wrote:Midee 1, Why is it Coacher can call me out by name on here and when I respond my thread gets deleted? Hey man if hey can say whatever he wants and call people out by name on here but when I make a response over his B.S. statements it gets erased, Then the hell with it on here.

Just to clarify some things. I erased both his post and yours. Neither had any business being posted in here. If you have problems with the way things are handled then take it to a PM. It has no business on the open forums as well. Thanks.
Getum-Choppin Wrote:First off, Russell is a fine football team and I have always given respect for coach Maglone and the job he's done. IMO, Their schedule hurts them against a team like Belfry. I know they cannot help who they play in dist. BUT.......Their dist. was so down it didn't help prepare them for a playoff atmosphere. IMO, Not getting Mercer last Friday was a big plus for them or anyoneelse in 2a for that fact. I'm just looking at the perspective that realistically, Ashland and Corbin were the only legit teams on their schedule. In which they were 1 and 1 vs. them. My point is look at Belfry, Played NCC, Sheldon Clark, Prestonsburg twice, Middlesboro.

Just to play devil's advocate here. :
Its McGLone.
Sheldon Clark and Prestonsburg were not that great.
Middlesboro did hang over 60 on Corbin but Corbin put up over 40 on Middlesboro.

Corbin matches up better against Run oriented teams. Ask Bell Co and Rockcastle. Russell scored more on Corbin than either one of them.
nice points FBALL, thats why we play the game boys...and estillfootball girl, sorry no offense meant by the BOYS word... (title of diclosure for single sex referral nouns)
It seems that some of the Corbin faithful thought that Clarks catch that set up the fieldgoal was an interception and Clark took the ball away on the Ground. This picture dispells that theory.

After being shown this pic they decided it was offensive pass interference. If you make a play on the ball and never push off on the defender it is not pass interference. Clark jumped above the DB and never put his hands on anything but the ball. Anybody care to comment.

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/2102/...0/0582.jpg
You better bet on the game tonight dipstick !!!
Devilologist Wrote:You better bet on the game tonight dipstick !!!
What that tight wad bet????
ALL IN BABY!!!:thatsfunn
Devilologist Wrote:nice points FBALL, thats why we play the game boys...and estillfootball girl, sorry no offense meant by the BOYS word... (title of diclosure for single sex referral nouns)

Ha Ha...Thats Funny!!!!
thought you would like it