Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 29 Rockcastle 7
At first I thought this was gonna be a good game, but then I found out that Shawn Grim can FLY! That boy just made everyone on Rockcastle look like fools. But it was a good battle between the lines. Rockcastle could stop them when they ran up the middle, but when they ran tosses and pitches it was over. Grim took those for 40 and 60yds each time. Good luck Eagles against Cov Cath.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:LOL, are you serious? As much as you hyped up PIKEVILLE for crying out loud and then for you to come in this thread and say they didn't impress you for the hype that they have had...The most UNREAL thing I have read on here!

:thumpsup: He doesn't realize that he was watching a higher calibre ballgame either. Rockcastle would eat Pikeville alive.

(No offense to Pikeville, which for their size and class is very good team and can usually play somewhat above their class without losing respect).
EKY Sportster Wrote::thumpsup: He doesn't realize that he was watching a higher calibre ballgame either. Rockcastle would eat Pikeville alive.

(No offense to Pikeville, which for their size and class is very good team and can usually play somewhat above their class without losing respect).

Hm I realize what I was watching and know what im talking about, who said anything about Rock and Pikeville? I mean no disrespect to JC for what I said, but I wasn't as impressed as what I thought I would be. Just because I say that Every time I say I don't think a certain team was that good, someone has to say "yea well they would kill pikeville blah blah blah"
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:LOL, are you serious? As much as you hyped up PIKEVILLE for crying out loud and then for you to come in this thread and say they didn't impress you for the hype that they have had...The most UNREAL thing I have read on here!

Why you gotta get on here and start something. Isn't it basketball season for Jenkins, go post something about that. This is JOHNSON CENTRAL/ROCKCASTLE thread, NOT argue with a Pikeville fan about his personal opinion.

NOW to the game. I thought JC played one hell of a game and I for one was VERY impressed. JC's O-line and D-line was much smaller than Rockcastle's and JC's wore them out all night long. IDK what Larkey was thinking trying to run all those pass plays after being picked off 5-6 times. I honestly think that if JC comes out with the fire they played with all year (with the exception of last week) then they will play next week at Papa John's. What about Shawn Grimm, man oh man, I thought Rockcastle had one of the TOP rush defenses in the state. Congrats JC on your first ever region championship, keep it rolling. Good Luck, beat Cov Cath.
Congrarts JC ... how ya take it all
Congrats To Johnson Central.
I thought JC would choke
congrats JC
Solid performance, JC made it look easy good luck aginst Cov. Cath hope to see you in Louisville
Panther#42 Wrote:I have to admit, JC played great ball tonight, but I wasn't as impressed with them for all of the talk I have heard, but they hit hard, have a great RB and some impressive linebackers
Good luck next week against Cov. Cath

Was not impressed? How can you not be. Central dominated in every aspect of the game. Barrett's kicking controlled field position, Ratliff's passing was far better than their QB, Grim rushed for almost 300 yards against a team that had only give up 500+ rushing yards on the season, Taylor had a better game than all their receivers together and if you think that they only have 2 LB's (Tackett and Johnson) apparently you could not see Gourdouze, Ousley, Dials, Dillon, Richardson, Conley, Hampton, Belhasen, Welch and all the others. And finally, there is no comparison to the coachs game plan for Rockcastle County and the one prepared by Matney. Not bad for a team with only a RB and two LB's and according to some, a team with a weak schedule that would not fare well in the playoffs. Win or lose, we are proud. Go Eagles, but focus on the task at hand.
THOMCAT Wrote:Was not impressed? How can you not be. Central dominated in every aspect of the game. Barrett's kicking controlled field position, Ratliff's passing was far better than their QB, Grim rushed for almost 300 yards against a team that had only give up 500+ rushing yards on the season, Taylor had a better game than all their receivers together and if you think that they only have 2 LB's (Tackett and Johnson) apparently you could not see Gourdouze, Ousley, Dials, Dillon, Richardson, Conley, Hampton, Belhasen, Welch and all the others. And finally, there is no comparison to the coachs game plan for Rockcastle County and the one prepared by Matney. Not bad for a team with only a RB and two LB's and according to some, a team with a weak schedule that would not fare well in the playoffs. Win or lose, we are proud. Go Eagles, but focus on the task at hand.

Well you know your stats, now dont you. Congrats on the win JC.
JC controlled this one from the start. Keep it goin eagles.
THOMCAT Wrote:Was not impressed? How can you not be. Central dominated in every aspect of the game. Barrett's kicking controlled field position, Ratliff's passing was far better than their QB, Grim rushed for almost 300 yards against a team that had only give up 500+ rushing yards on the season, Taylor had a better game than all their receivers together and if you think that they only have 2 LB's (Tackett and Johnson) apparently you could not see Gourdouze, Ousley, Dials, Dillon, Richardson, Conley, Hampton, Belhasen, Welch and all the others. And finally, there is no comparison to the coachs game plan for Rockcastle County and the one prepared by Matney. Not bad for a team with only a RB and two LB's and according to some, a team with a weak schedule that would not fare well in the playoffs. Win or lose, we are proud. Go Eagles, but focus on the task at hand.

Chill dude lol They are good, and I know Grimm isn't their only back, Blake Johnson is pretty good as well.... But, I expected to see more than what was shown last night, hopefully I will next week when cov. cath rolls into town :thumpsup:
For one, WHO BROUGHT UP ANYTHING ABOUT JENKINS? I SURE DIDN'T!! You might want to read a post before you start running your mouth! And it is CONGRATS!!!!! NOT COGRAT...Johnson Central is FOR REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep on keepin On Eagles!
Panther#42 Wrote:Chill dude lol They are good, and I know Grimm isn't their only back, Blake Johnson is pretty good as well.... But, I expected to see more than what was shown last night, hopefully I will next week when cov. cath rolls into town :thumpsup:

I would say Blake Johnson is probally their best player. They guy is a beast. He playes both ways and is a true leader. Grimm is quick and that line is dominating. They make the big holes
cats eye Wrote:I would say Blake Johnson is probally their best player. They guy is a beast. He playes both ways and is a true leader. Grimm is quick and that line is dominating. They make the big holes

Yea, alot of people don't realize that without their great O-line, Grimm and Johnson wouldn't be running all over other teams...JC's O and D line needs a big pat on the back for Friday's performance
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:For one, WHO BROUGHT UP ANYTHING ABOUT JENKINS? I SURE DIDN'T!! You might want to read a post before you start running your mouth! And it is CONGRATS!!!!! NOT COGRAT...Johnson Central is FOR REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep on keepin On Eagles!

Reread my post before you start running yours. All I was asking was why you gotta get on here starting something with Panther about his own personal opinion. All he said was he expected more when he watched JC play, there's nothing wrong with that. Being the first time he had ever seen JC play this year and it was against the best team they have faced I can see where he is coming from. I can't say that cause I have seen JC play a few times and I know how good they can be when they show up to play. Panther said nothing wrong and you start running your mouth about Pikeville in a JC/Rock thread.
Huge win for JC
Panther#42 Wrote:I have to admit, JC played great ball tonight, but I wasn't as impressed with them for all of the talk I have heard, but they hit hard, have a great RB and some impressive linebackers
Good luck next week against Cov. Cath

I'm not getting on you or anything of the such. But i'm wondering what JC could have done more of to impress you. They executed nearly perfect. The takles where flying to their blocks and leaving their feet. They were opening up hugh holes and Grim was slicing right through them. They put up almost double the offense as any other rock oponent. The quarterback hit a couple nice passes. The defense was dominant and nearly shut rock out. What does impress you. Do you think a team needs to come out and throw the ball 30 times. Thats not JC football. Its a hard nosed battle. They win ball games in the trenches. And they executed it perfectly.
THOMCAT Wrote:Total domination by the Golden Eagles. Can't wait till the same old gang gets on here and taks about their strength of schedule. Way to go Eagles! This old JCHS grad is so proud of every one of you.

no-one can question jc schedule once they're this far in the playoffs
With the exception of one play, JC dominated from start to finish. Grimm, all I can say is WOW!!! This kid is a great player and his accelleration is unreal. Matney finally beat Larkey(sp?), but it's time for these kids to focus on Cov. Catholic. They are a tough squad and according to the latest Nat'l ratings, two losses occurred to top 25 teams. I hope they pull it out...come on JC, play the best 48 mins of football in your life and we'll see you in Louisville.
good job JC