Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clay County 70 Harlan County 61
walterwhite Wrote:You have to appreciate a kid like Mills. Sat for three years and never complained, never said a word except to support his teammates. Worked hard and when the time came to play, busted his tail to help his team. A high character young man. This is what makes high school sports great.

I agree 100%. Mills is what all coaches dream of having. A kid that realized he isn't the next Jordan. But would rather be a part of a team and something special than just cause drama or quit. Alot of Clays young players should take a look at him and see that this is how you conduct yourself and be a great teammate. He has shown a lot of maturity. I put Ryan House in this same Category. Kid could have started for just about anyone last year but never said a word about coming off the Bench. Bust his tale and and came up big last year when he had the chance. Both these kids has what it takes to succeed as a team and person in life.
If I'm not mistaken CC is off until Saturday... Some much needed rest and recovery time for the boys and the coaching staff...I've been watching Marcum on the sidelines and he is having to coach every player on every possesion right now...Keep up the good work guys.:Thumbs:
Yeah, we have a small break, too. Time to rest up a bit. I thought last night's game was VERY physical!!
I was a phisical game...It seems as tho all of CCs have been that way so far. Even our healthy kids are beat up and tired. Its been a tuff, but good week for our kids. I also think the tourny out in Webster Co. will be good for their team building with all of the moving parts we've had.
It just takes a little while to beat the football mentality out of them. Did you see Zak take that one kid out with his arm??
I saw, but I never thought any plays were dirty, just good ole fashion hard nosed ball. I can't say that about our previous game tho. Hats off to the HC boys...I would like to say also that the two gaurds for HC are ball player...Two of the best I've seen.:Thumbs:
It wasn't dirty, just a reaction.

As a matter of fact, I did not see one foul that I thought was "dirty" on either side.

I love our guard play!! They are both eat up with guts...take it to the hole and it don't matter how big they are! LOL

I really like to watch up tempo games like this one was!! Blake Smith will go to D1, IMO.
I'm sure smith and the tigers appreciate the support GB. Always a pleasure traveling to ur great community and seeing the fine people of Harlan CO.