Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Clay County 70 Harlan County 61
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Big win for clay county, Good game harlan County.
Smith 23pts
Wolfe 15pts
Farmer 14pts
Sexton 11pts
Mills 06pts
Gabbard 01pts
Good win for the wounded tigers. When they get healthy I believe the difference between them being a good team and a great team depends on Wolfe.
I have two words for this game...Blake Smith!!! Wow; just wow!! And not because he was high point man, of course that's important, but this kid is simply awesome. He runs the floor, he runs the offense, he takes up the slack, etc. etc. I could go on and on and on. Guess you can tell that I was quite impressed with him tonight!

This was one of the most physical games I've seen in quite a while. These kids beat the snot out of each other, and came back for more! Lots of grit and guts tonight!!

I love this kind of game; it WAS indeed fast and furious.

Lastly Cameron Carmical. This kid knows no fear. No player could give anymore than Cameron!! At point or off guard, this kid wades right into the big boys and don't blink. Great game from him tonight.

So, all that said congratulations to the Clay County Tigers on your victory. And, congratulations to Harlan County Black Bears for never giving up, and fighting back with some pride. Great great game!!!
Great game. Both teams going at it. Smith is tough but Farmer is the go to guy
Clay has a strong team for sure with the likes of Smith, Farmer and Wolfe. Those guys play physical and with a lot of confidence. HC scrapped and fought and shot the 3 pretty well tonight to stay in the game with a really good team. HC has got to have more production in the paint to have a real chance to beat a team like Clay IMO. It was a real treat watching our two point guards (Bumgardner and Carmical) along with their teammates turn up the intensity on defense in the 3rd quarter and cause some turnovers that led to a big HC run that tied the score up heading into the 4th qtr. Unfortunately for the Bears the Big 3 of Clay took over in the 4th in impressive fashion and closed the deal. A lot of things to be excited about as an HC fan moving forward, these guys are playing hard for their coach and each other and it's fun to watch!!! Keep up the good work Black Bears and maintain that committment to excellence and things will only get better........
Tigercreek Wrote:Great game. Both teams going at it. Smith is tough but Farmer is the go to guy

Clay County is blessed with go to guys farmer,Smith and wolfe. :worthy:
Great win by the tigers tonight. I thought Mills and Gabbana played excellent. Clay did what they needed to do with all the injuries. Pretty impressive for missing 3 starters. The big 3 are gonna be hard to handle.
Clay County is as good as people say, but HC proved they can play with the best in the region tonight. Smith was tough with his midrange game...Carmical was a good defender and playmaker. Fun game to watch. It will be interesting to see how the 13th region plays out.
I wasn't diminishing Wolfe or Farmer at ALL. I just thought Smith stayed poised under pressure, and his all around game really impressed me!!
Smith was the difference maker!

HC missed a lot of shots in the 1st Half, but made a good effort in the 2nd half.

Rebounding killed the Bears, not sure if they weren't blocking out or if Clays athletism just took over, kinda seemed like the Bears were glued to the floor.

Good game early in the season, saw a lot of good things in the Bears. They'll be a threat come tournament time.
Congrats to the Tigers
The big 3 did their thing, but how about a big "hats off" to the other Tigers. Sexton was very solid, and Mills and Gabbard really stepped up and played well. Great effort by the unsung guys.
BrokenArrow Wrote:Great win by the tigers tonight. I thought Mills and Gabbana played excellent. Clay did what they needed to do with all the injuries. Pretty impressive for missing 3 starters. The big 3 are gonna be hard to handle.

Clay was impressive. I agree with Granny about Smith. He's the best in the region, in my opinion.
Patriot was right about rebounding. That was the biggest difference. Clay got too many second chances.
I don't get the math on having a Big 3 and being without three starters though. I thought House was the only starter out.
Clay is a 3 headed snake with good role players
walterwhite Wrote:The big 3 did their thing, but how about a big "hats off" to the other Tigers. Sexton was very solid, and Mills and Gabbard really stepped up and played well. Great effort by the unsung guys.

You are correct.....Sexton was the go to guy in the Corbin game I think he score like 8 of Clay last 10pts. And Mills and Gabbard is getting important playing time....Takes a team. :worthy:
HDE Wrote:Clay was impressive. I agree with Granny about Smith. He's the best in the region, in my opinion.
Patriot was right about rebounding. That was the biggest difference. Clay got too many second chances.
I don't get the math on having a Big 3 and being without three starters though. I thought House was the only starter out.
Smith may very well be the best in the region, I haven't seen the other top players yet, but he had a lot of help tonight as well from the supporting cast. Rebounding was clearly part of the production in the paint that I was referring to, that along with the inability to finish or draw fouls with the ball in the paint were the big differences in the game I thought. Some inprovement in the paint area in general could go a long way in helping the Bears become a legitimate threat come regional tourney time.
HDE Wrote:Clay was impressive. I agree with Granny about Smith. He's the best in the region, in my opinion.

Well Sam's was a starter before he quit. So insert sexton. House out knee injury...insert Coty Arnold but he's out ankle injury so insert mills. Missing 3
Technically I guess too since one quit
I've said it a few times. Marcums teams get better as the year goes. Tonight I thought CC looked like a team for the first time this year. Smith Wolfe and Farmer compliment each other so well and sexton is the energy this team needs. Gabbard and mills played great and will only get better.
Missed meeting Granny Bear but I'm on a mission.
Harlan co will be hard to beat come tourny time. Great night of mountain bball.
Great effort by both teams tonight. Clay won the battle on the boards, but that always seems to be a + for Clay Co. teams.
Count Wrote:I've said it a few times. Marcums teams get better as the year goes. Tonight I thought CC looked like a team for the first time this year. Smith Wolfe and Farmer compliment each other so well and sexton is the energy this team needs. Gabbard and mills played great and will only get better.
Missed meeting Granny Bear but I'm on a mission.
Harlan co will be hard to beat come tourny time. Great night of mountain bball.

I was sitting in my usual seat, in all my glory!! Confusednicker:

Clay County's assistant coach had NO problem finding me...ask him!!
^i did meet ur brother and sister in law. Great people. :Clap:
Was disappointed with another loss. I think that is as good as Harlan co can play. Very similar to the Knox Central game just a lot closer score.
I think Clay really needs House to get back Healthy. He's the ultimate teammate and what I call the glue guy. Hope for a speedy recovery for this fine young man.
That's not even close to as good as Harlan Co can play? Miller with 2 points and Caldwell with 6? Spurlock spent the night in the ER they can play a lot better than what they showed tonight. The same goes for Clay both teams will be hard to handle come tournament time. Smith is the best player in the region no doubt about it. Can score at will from mid range. All around great player.
Granny Bear Wrote:I was sitting in my usual seat, in all my glory!! Confusednicker:

Clay County's assistant coach had NO problem finding me...ask him!!

No problem after he stopped at the scorers table to ask Smile
Count Wrote:^i did meet ur brother and sister in law. Great people. :Clap:

They are, they really are.

Leader Wrote:Was disappointed with another loss. I think that is as good as Harlan co can play. Very similar to the Knox Central game just a lot closer score.

Nope, not as good as they can play. Rebounding will get better, or we'll get to see the JV with lots of playing time!
Smile

BasketballWiz10 Wrote:That's not even close to as good as Harlan Co can play? Miller with 2 points and Caldwell with 6? Spurlock spent the night in the ER they can play a lot better than what they showed tonight. The same goes for Clay both teams will be hard to handle come tournament time. Smith is the best player in the region no doubt about it. Can score at will from mid range. All around great player.

I don't know what was up with Miller. Zak is still in football mode. I can't believe he launched his butt high enough to block a shot! LOL Spurlock spent the night trying to rehydrate after a serious bout with stomach flu. Same with Clay..you have these kinds of things that you gotta fight through. We're not THERE yet, but well on our way.

HCS Wrote:No problem after he stopped at the scorers table to ask Smile

SUR told me that he suggested he ask the official scorer, I KNEW it had to be you! LOL
Just don't do like my brother did and tell the refs who I am!!
You have to appreciate a kid like Mills. Sat for three years and never complained, never said a word except to support his teammates. Worked hard and when the time came to play, busted his tail to help his team. A high character young man. This is what makes high school sports great.
Outstanding game.Smith is proving why he is the best player in the region.Clay just answered all game long.
Pages: 1 2