Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What AA player can make it?
orisonspi Wrote:Depends which level? For him to play D-1 he needs to bulk up to around 240+ to get any looks...at that... it will be for a position he has never played. There is a HUGE difference between playing out of stance and playing with your fingers down.

He could reach 240 in his redshirt year...I'd bet the house on it.

The huge difference you are talking about is a bigger change when you are accustomed to coming out of a three point stance and are then asked to sit back and read defenses.

Typically, there isn't anything hard about learning to fire out of your stance and get after the QB.
BoondockSaint Wrote:He could reach 240 in his redshirt year...I'd bet the house on it.

The huge difference you are talking about is a bigger change when you are accustomed to coming out of a three point stance and are then asked to sit back and read defenses.

Typically, there isn't anything hard about learning to fire out of your stance and get after the QB.
I disagree to some extent, but not by much... a DE is conditioned mentally to always be in attack mode.. their job is "simple" (of course it's not simple, but in general terms).. get up field. A LB on the other hand has to be able to read first, then attack.

Having that slightest hesitation at DE can result negatively. Whereas inversely, a LB that overcommits can be exploited with the passing game or misdirection.

Plus..if Dustin could get to 240 I would still much rather have him tearing around the field as a 240 lb Linebacker LOL

I see where you are coming from and agree to an extent.:thumpsup:
orisonspi Wrote:I disagree to some extent, but not by much... a DE is conditioned mentally to always be in attack mode.. their job is "simple" (of course it's not simple, but in general terms).. get up field. A LB on the other hand has to be able to read first, then attack.

Having that slightest hesitation at DE can result negatively. Whereas inversely, a LB that overcommits can be exploited with the passing game or misdirection.

Plus..if Dustin could get to 240 I would still much rather have him tearing around the field as a 240 lb Linebacker LOL

I see where you are coming from and agree to an extent.:thumpsup:

Being that DE & LBs have similar speeds in college, you are both probably right.
Dustin May would be a good hard working recruit but I don't see him going to UK. EKU, Morehead, Pikeville, Georgetown, or Centre, thats about it. But maybe he could get some intrest from WKU since there going to D1 in Football next season. Wes Woods from Prestonsburg will be a nice LB for any college. He is 6'3 or 4 and is a beast in the weight room. I think he'll end up going to EKU or WKU.
Russell's #74 Seth Harvey, I do believe this boy shows real talent. Although linemen never really get the recognition they deserve. Most Running backs wouldn't be as good as they are unless they had GREAT linemen! True he is only a sophmore but look at what his instincts are right now. I also hear he keeps a good grade average. The boy is a star in the making.
chapman maybe go to Pc
Devilologist Wrote:CLARK to a big school- WVU,Cincy, Illinois and even Arkansas has recruited him. Sizemore to small school because he has the height, alot of other kids can go to other schools but need to promotion to do it, small schools like Pikeville, KCU and such.. Alot of talent on this team but of course all you hear about is Clark
Hope to see Clark make division I
LovetheBucs Wrote:I think Chad Steele could be a blocking TE at a NAIA school. Chapman could probably play CB at the NAIA level.

Next season, I think Dustin May will at least get some looks from EKU and other D 1AA schools. Perhaps better if he really works on himself, has a great year, and markets himself well.
I agree here