Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville to State in 07'???
Panther#42 Wrote:Beechwood was around back in the 80's and that didn't stop them. In 99' the Panthers had Beechwood beat by 2 TD's late in the 4th and a crap call on the offensive coordinators call got a pick and then it went down hill... Panthers lost their composure.
Pikeville has beated Beechwood before and they'll do it again, just because your team won't make it that far dosen't mean you have to say other teams won't as well.

I remember that game in '99. The Panthers had an excellent offense with Akers and crew. Had the Beechies beat then lost it in the last minutes...what was the final score of that one? Anywho, it was a good game...and I look for Pikeville to be crowned district champs next season and maybe regional champs...returning way too much talent in a district that isn't very good.
I look for the Panthers to have a very good year next year. Their record may not be great because Jackson likes to schedule hard teams to prepare his team for the playoffs. However, you guys can't be satisfied with this year. A lot of people are getting on here and telling you how great your season was, and at a lot of schools it would be. You guys GET to wear the maroon and white and standards are a little higher whether you like it or not. Anything less than a regional championship, semi-finals, or state championship doesn't cut it. Everyone knows what you have coming back next year, so get in the weight room and bring Pikeville back to where it needs to be...State Champions!
Are we going to hear this talk from Pikeville fans forever?

You had one good run in the 80's get over it.
25 seniors..that's huge for the pikeville program...they could very well go to state next year.
Watusi Wrote:Are we going to hear this talk from Pikeville fans forever?

And you are finally having yours at Belfry? You will still talk about it in 20 years too. If Jones hadn't come, you guys would still be talking about those great runner up years!
HOLY-S$%#!!.....25 Seniors that truly awesome and thats dedication right there dedication...These guys should do good next year IMO..Have a really really good run in state...Hit that weightroom hard guys thats where its won is right there...Goodluck In the 07 season
IRISH4 Wrote:I remember that game in '99. The Panthers had an excellent offense with Akers and crew. Had the Beechies beat then lost it in the last minutes...what was the final score of that one? Anywho, it was a good game...and I look for Pikeville to be crowned district champs next season and maybe regional champs...returning way too much talent in a district that isn't very good.

The final was 25-20. Pikeville led 20-10 with five minutes to go.
softbally_8 Wrote:I do not think so because they did not go this year. And I do not think that they will have the team to go to state in 2007.

:dontthink

Are you old enough to be on here, or do you just not know what a football is?
HazzBeen Wrote:And you are finally having yours at Belfry? You will still talk about it in 20 years too. If Jones hadn't come, you guys would still be talking about those great runner up years!

Exactly, so quit downing Pikeville just because they're chances may be a little better to win it next year than yours
hillbilly Wrote:The final was 25-20. Pikeville led 20-10 with five minutes to go.

A INT and a onside kick lost it for the Panthers in that game, a Beechwood fan once said that the 99' team was the best they had ever had, if that be true, than you know Pikeville would have won state that year, but like many other unfortunate games, mistakes lost the game for them
HazzBeen Wrote:I look for the Panthers to have a very good year next year. Their record may not be great because Jackson likes to schedule hard teams to prepare his team for the playoffs. However, you guys can't be satisfied with this year. A lot of people are getting on here and telling you how great your season was, and at a lot of schools it would be. You guys GET to wear the maroon and white and standards are a little higher whether you like it or not. Anything less than a regional championship, semi-finals, or state championship doesn't cut it. Everyone knows what you have coming back next year, so get in the weight room and bring Pikeville back to where it needs to be...State Champions!
This is a great post from a class act man. It is the truth no matter how you slice it. Pikeville is held to a higher standard by everyone. It is the kids job to live up to the standard that was set down years ago. Pikeville gets back to work in the weight room on monday
Wow...Estill Only Has Like 28 Players Total!!!!
kysportsguru Wrote:It's going to be the same old pikeville You don't know whats going to happen when they step on the field next season. Also they won't make it out of the first round of the playoffs again next season

IF you truly believe that, your ethier A: Retarded or B: a Pikeville hater
BTW, what god-like team do you play for that lets you down Pikeville?
Im pretty sure Pikeville didn't get beat out of first round, they haven't been beat out first round since 1997, and before that they hadn't been beat out first round since proably 70 or 80 something
The Beechies remain in 1a if I'm correct and the West will still be sending Mayfield to the finals. I think Pikeville will be looking at Hazard again. Assuming they can get passed them, the should at least make it to the semi's.

The pool of good teams gets diluted next year. Pikeville better get it next year, or they might be waiting for a while.
^^^Pikeville has great talent coming after next year as well...bigtime...
LovetheBucs Wrote:The Beechies remain in 1a if I'm correct and the West will still be sending Mayfield to the finals. I think Pikeville will be looking at Hazard again. Assuming they can get passed them, the should at least make it to the semi's.

The pool of good teams gets diluted next year. Pikeville better get it next year, or they might be waiting for a while.
Beechwood and Mayfield are in the same side of the bracket for the next 4 years.
Watusi Wrote:Are we going to hear this talk from Pikeville fans forever?

And that state title run lasted longer than belfrys I might add.
Panther#42 Wrote:IF you truly believe that, your ethier A: Retarded or B: a Pikeville hater
BTW, what god-like team do you play for that lets you down Pikeville?
Im pretty sure Pikeville didn't get beat out of first round, they haven't been beat out first round since 1997, and before that they hadn't been beat out first round since proably 70 or 80 something

I agree with the A and B parts, no way Pikeville will get beat first round in the playoffs next season. However, I think they did get beat in 2001 in the first round by Middlesborro who later lost to eventual region champions Paintsville. The Panthers finished fourth in their district from what I can remember. I think it was...
1)Fleming-Neon
2)Paintsville
3)Hazard
4)Pikeville

I just read that Beechwood is going to be in Region 2 next season, if so then I don't see any reason why a team returning as much talent as Pikeville couldn't make it. What teams are going to be in Region 3 that would keep Pikeville from going to state next season???
IRISH4 Wrote:I agree with the A and B parts, no way Pikeville will get beat first round in the playoffs next season. However, I think they did get beat in 2001 in the first round by Middlesborro who later lost to eventual region champions Paintsville. The Panthers finished fourth in their district from what I can remember. I think it was...
1)Fleming-Neon
2)Paintsville
3)Hazard
4)Pikeville

I just read that Beechwood is going to be in Region 2 next season, if so then I don't see any reason why a team returning as much talent as Pikeville couldn't make it. What teams are going to be in Region 3 that would keep Pikeville from going to state next season???

Lexington Christian and Raceland
[/QUOTE]IRISH4. What teams are going to be in Region 3 that would keep Pikeville from going to state next season???[/QUOTE]
No team from region 3 can keep PIkeville from going to state. Why you ask? Region 3 is on the opposite side of the bracket. The winner from regions 1-4 plays the winner from regions 5-8. Which LCA and Raceland are in.
IRISH4 Wrote:With 25 seniors they should go very deep into the playoffs, but one thing would stand in their way...Beechwood or New Cath. Plus next season they would travel to region 3, but even if they make it there they would have to beat Danville or Mayfield. Anything can happen.

all of those teams but beechwood will be gone and the panthers wouldnt have to face beechwood untill state with the new alignment but LCA and Raceland would serve as good competition for the panthers