Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville to State in 07'???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just wanted to hear what some of you all think about this topic..They are returning 25 seniors which in UNHEARD of in a 1A school. Feel free to speaketh your opinion, lol..
I think they have a real good chance to make some noise in '07
If Pikeville gets the guys out to play and hits the weights hard this offseason they should cause alot of upsets next year
With 25 seniors they should go very deep into the playoffs, but one thing would stand in their way...Beechwood or New Cath. Plus next season they would travel to region 3, but even if they make it there they would have to beat Danville or Mayfield. Anything can happen.
They have alot of big time players coming back so they should do quite well! like Irish4 said they should go deep into the playoffs. People better watch out for the Panthers next year!
Pikeville will have a great chance of making state with 25 seniors on the roster. Big numbers from the twins and Harmon next year. Epecially with the new alignment coming with the west and north super teams moving up. Danville, NewCath is I know moving up but im not sure about Mayfield and Beechwood. I look for P'Ville to make some noise next year!!!
Pikeville should do some serious damage next year....25 seniors? talk about leadership!
25 Seniors WOW! There is some teams in 1A that don't have 25 players on there teams...But IMO if they stay healthy and Tim can be a consistent QB next season than they should at least make it to State Semi's.
Boomer86 Wrote:Pikeville should do some serious damage next year....25 seniors? talk about leadership!
Just because a player is a senior doesn't automatically make him a good leader.
25 seniors, dang they should be a great ball team next year.
IRISH4 Wrote:With 25 seniors they should go very deep into the playoffs, but one thing would stand in their way...Beechwood or New Cath. Plus next season they would travel to region 3, but even if they make it there they would have to beat Danville or Mayfield. Anything can happen.
Actually Danville and NCC will no longer be in 1a next year.
If they do what they need to do in the offseason i think its a very real possibility for them
what is their lines looking like next year is the majority of them returning if so you talk about one heck of a running game...the line this year did really well just think about if the have another year to mature and get stronger...Pikeville makes it to the semis IF the come ready to play in the playoffs unlike last week
Boomer86 Wrote:Pikeville should do some serious damage next year....25 seniors? talk about leadership!

Unless something changes, they could have 25 seniors and no leaders!! Some of these seniors better grow up and learn what it takes to be true leader. Leaders don't continue to have the same mental lapses that cost the team yards every game with dumb penalties. Leaders don't let the opposing team drive it right down thier throat on the last drive of the game like Belfry and Hazard did. Leaders don't talk about the Beechwood game when it is three games away. They days of teams rolling over just because they are playing Pikeville appear to be over. I hope these seniors-to-be prove me wrong but so far they have been underachievers!!
PantherPride68 Wrote:Actually Danville and NCC will no longer be in 1a next year.

Thanks for the correction, I guess I'm still used to the 4 class system which has been the way for as long as I can remember.
I do not think so because they did not go this year. And I do not think that they will have the team to go to state in 2007.

:dontthink
softbally_8 Wrote:I do not think so because they did not go this year. And I do not think that they will have the team to go to state in 2007.

:dontthink

NCC & Mayfield did not go to state year before last, but they went last year... Russell didn't go the year before, but they did last year, Bowling Green and Lex. Cath didn't go to state year before last, but they both did last year
Dosen't matter if you haven't been to state in 50 years, all's you need is leadership, commitment, courage, work ethic, talent, and heart. These things along w/ others makes a championship team... The returning seniors have ALL of these... We do have leaders..But the ones we have need to work a little bit mentally before they can lead the team
Well I think we will prove alot of doubters wrong.. You never know who's going to win it w/ the new class alignment next year
25 seniors thats unheard of.. people better fear the panthers next year..
fox sports Wrote:Just because a player is a senior doesn't automatically make him a good leader.

Your right fox, it does mean that he SHOULD be a good leader though
bball fan Wrote:Unless something changes, they could have 25 seniors and no leaders!! Some of these seniors better grow up and learn what it takes to be true leader. Leaders don't continue to have the same mental lapses that cost the team yards every game with dumb penalties. Leaders don't let the opposing team drive it right down thier throat on the last drive of the game like Belfry and Hazard did. Leaders don't talk about the Beechwood game when it is three games away. They days of teams rolling over just because they are playing Pikeville appear to be over. I hope these seniors-to-be prove me wrong but so far they have been underachievers!!

I agree
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:what is their lines looking like next year is the majority of them returning if so you talk about one heck of a running game...the line this year did really well just think about if the have another year to mature and get stronger...Pikeville makes it to the semis IF the come ready to play in the playoffs unlike last week
Four out of five starters return on the O-line. Two starters and two others who saw plenty of action return on the D-line.
It's going to be the same old pikeville You don't know whats going to happen when they step on the field next season. Also they won't make it out of the first round of the playoffs again next season
kysportsguru Wrote:It's going to be the same old pikeville You don't know whats going to happen when they step on the field next season. Also they won't make it out of the first round of the playoffs again next season

I agree you never know what your going to get out of them,BUT...they do have a chance to make some serious noise next year. By the way Pikeville beat Jenkins in the first round this year, and Im pretty sure they will make it threw the 1st and 2nd rounds next year and be district champs. I could always be wrong!
TRAIN85 Wrote:Four out of five starters return on the O-line. Two starters and two others who saw plenty of action return on the D-line.

thats not bad at all Coach Jackson will have them ready he just cant make a bad play call like he did this year against Hazard...

Also i look for Harmon to be a big Leader next season he is young but still
QB and leadership are the keys to their season.
bball fan Wrote:Unless something changes, they could have 25 seniors and no leaders!! Some of these seniors better grow up and learn what it takes to be true leader. Leaders don't continue to have the same mental lapses that cost the team yards every game with dumb penalties. Leaders don't let the opposing team drive it right down thier throat on the last drive of the game like Belfry and Hazard did. Leaders don't talk about the Beechwood game when it is three games away. They days of teams rolling over just because they are playing Pikeville appear to be over. I hope these seniors-to-be prove me wrong but so far they have been underachievers!!

The days of rolling over have been gone for a few years(mid nineties). Crazy penalties have killed them all year (some deserved and some phony). This team has endured a lot of adversity and at times did not handle it well. Only time will tell on how much growing up will be done. The actual junior class is 22 right now, with another 4 who have began lifting for next year. They did have over 30 lifting in weights on Monday which is a good start.
25 seniors this, 25 seniors that, 25 seniors here, 25 seniors there...I really could care less if they have 100 seniors...everybody knows, and even Pikeville fans know that as long as Beechwood is around, the season ends with a big L...providing they get that far.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:25 seniors this, 25 seniors that, 25 seniors here, 25 seniors there...I really could care less if they have 100 seniors...everybody knows, and even Pikeville fans know that as long as Beechwood is around, the season ends with a big L...providing they get that far.
Beechwood is not even in the regional championship this year, nor is Pikeville.
Whether Pikeville has 25 seniors or not next year, they need to focus on Pikeville being focused one game at a time, instead of playing to their competition.
fox sports Wrote:Beechwood is not even in the regional championship this year, nor is Pikeville.
Whether Pikeville has 25 seniors or not next year, they need to focus on Pikeville being focused one game at a time, instead of playing to their competition.

Exactly, you can't win games looking ahead and I think that has showed, Pikeville will learn through their mistakes and over come for next year
TidesHoss32 Wrote:25 seniors this, 25 seniors that, 25 seniors here, 25 seniors there...I really could care less if they have 100 seniors...everybody knows, and even Pikeville fans know that as long as Beechwood is around, the season ends with a big L...providing they get that far.

Beechwood was around back in the 80's and that didn't stop them. In 99' the Panthers had Beechwood beat by 2 TD's late in the 4th and a crap call on the offensive coordinators call got a pick and then it went down hill... Panthers lost their composure.
Pikeville has beated Beechwood before and they'll do it again, just because your team won't make it that far dosen't mean you have to say other teams won't as well.
Pages: 1 2