Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry Vs. Middlesboro
Midee1 Wrote:Sorry to beat a dead horse here but this sounds eerily familiar to the Ft. Campbell supporters last year.
Anything can happen, that is what makes this time of year so much fun IMO.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Midee1 Wrote:It really amuses me to see this. If that be the case why doesn't everyone else in AA just give them the rings and start practicing for next year. Seeing that none of the battle tested teams have any chance at all. No need to take a chance getting any of the players injured for next year by playing in a meaningless game.
I have the right to my opinion just like the other posters that say Russell, Belfry, or other teams will win have. I do not have to justify my opinion just becasue it does not fall in line with the opinion of most eastern Kentuckians. I know the stats, and I know the history, I just think that Mercer is better than anyone out there.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:I have the right to my opinion just like the other posters that say Russell, Belfry, or other teams will win have. I do not have to justify my opinion just becasue it does not fall in line with the opinion of most eastern Kentuckians. I know the stats, and I know the history, I just think that Mercer is better than anyone out there.

And as I stated earlier. Ft. Campbell was all we heard about last year. They took an early exit in the playoffs. No personal attacks here just trying to have a good argument. In the end what you or I think does not matter. All that matters is what happens on the field Friday night.
Im goin to go with Middlesboro in a close one..
'05 Ft. Campbell is no '06 Mercer Co! Mercer can run the ball with about 4 or 5 guys all night long. They are big, fast, and they are the size of a 4A school in class 2A, like Fox Sports pointed out in another thread.
GoldenHands10 Wrote:I hope Middlesboro wins just because i don't want to see Belfry win another title. Middlesboro-35 Belfry-28

Thats not very nice....
blackcat_student Wrote:'05 Ft. Campbell is no '06 Mercer Co! Mercer can run the ball with about 4 or 5 guys all night long. They are big, fast, and they are the size of a 4A school in class 2A, like Fox Sports pointed out in another thread.

They have really no more kids than a power house football program like Belfry or Russell dressed for football. 69 including the 3 freshman. Russell has 64 10-12.So the issue really isn't how many more people they dress than the other top 2a teams.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:They have really no more kids than a power house football porgram like Belfry or Russell dressed for football. 69 including the 3 freshman. Russell has 64 10-12.So the issue really isn't how many more people they dress than the other top 2a teams.

I guess theres only one way to find out. Good luck Belfry & Russell!
if middlesboro's refs are reffing then middlesboro will win this one.. because of thier refs leslie lost to the jackets.. i pick belfry 28-12
Brahma Bull why don't you just call up the KHSAA and tell them that they are wasting their time having the rest of the playoff, since Mercer Co has it won already and we can just go to Louisville, Dec 1st and see them get their trophy. I don't think Mercer can beat any of the mountain teams remaining in the playoffs
Alright. ENOUGH of this calling out. While we may not agree with everyone's opinion they are just as entitled to it as everyone else. Keep it about the game and lay off the personal call outs.

I was guilty of it and realize that I was wrong. So let's get this thread back on track.
Should be a good game I wish that Middlesboro would win but this game will be TOO close to call I believe.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:They have really no more kids than a power house football program like Belfry or Russell dressed for football. 69 including the 3 freshman. Russell has 64 10-12.So the issue really isn't how many more people they dress than the other top 2a teams.

Does Belfry dress that many?
mrfootball03 Wrote:Does Belfry dress that many?
I'm not sure how many Belfry dresses but im sure they are somewhere close with their winning tradition in football.
Belfry Has approximately 80 that dresses that 9-12
belfry all the way
Belfry by 12
Gotta go with those Pirates!
PirateMom#55 Wrote:Belfry Has approximately 80 that dresses that 9-12

The most up to date roster that I have seen has 71 players listed on it.
If Russell dressed freshman they would dress about 89.
Belfry 28

Middlesboro 14
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:I doubt thebrahmabull has even seen Russell or Belfry play for that matter.So thats a pretty weak statement considering that fact.

I AGREE :Thumbs:
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:If Russell dressed freshman they would dress about 89.

The roster i seen today.. Belfry has 69 including freshman... so Belfry isn't that high... i remember when Belfry used to have about 90
Belfry has solid, not "out of this world" numbers for a 2a football team.

When they were 3a, they tended to carry a roster (including Frosh) of 85 or so.
Belfry all the way.
Not even close.... Belfry 46 Middlesboro 8
I'm rooting for Belfry but don't count out M-boro, they are pretty good like always.
mrfootball03 Wrote:The roster i seen today.. Belfry has 69 including freshman... so Belfry isn't that high... i remember when Belfry used to have about 90

Ten years ago the roster was in the mid-90s. But the school enrollment was up above 1000, too.

They have great numbers for a school with 650-700 kids.
I hope Belfry gets to achieve another ring this year, but I have to go with the stats here.

M-Boro 25
Belfry-24
In Double OT
BoondockSaint Wrote:Ten years ago the roster was in the mid-90s. But the school enrollment was up above 1000, too.

They have great numbers for a school with 650-700 kids.

Russell had last year 654 while Belfry had 690. Russell had 356 boys and Belfry had 345. Belfry had 322 girls while Russell had 298 girls.