Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry Vs. Middlesboro
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
The Belfry Pirates take on the Jackets of Middlesboro next week at CAM for the Region 4 title. Middlesboro is 11-1 on the season and Belfry is 10-2 on the season, should be a great game, nothing against the Belfry fans, but i'll have to go with M-boro on the win 28-24! Though I hope Belfry wins this game and has a re-match with Russell in the semi's!
Hope to see you'all in two weeks...(Belfry that is.)
GO BELFRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will be there!
I'm pulling for my Pike Co. brethren once again.
This will be a tough game.

Belfry -28
Middlesboro -24
Belfry has played a better schedule and I question the D of Middlesboro.

I will be taking the Pirates in this one! :Thumbs:

Belfry -21:flame:
Middlesboro- 14

Belfry has to hold on to the ball! :letsparty
Yes Belfry is used to playing for the region title year in year out, but Middlesboro hasn't competed for one in a few years I think, so im betting they're pretty hungry for one right about now and intend to take from the Pirates! Though I hope they don't, anything could happen! Hopefully I'll be able to attend this game
Belfry has eliminated Middlesboro the past 3 years by an average score somewhere around 36-10.

The Pirates have put up over 40 points against Middlesboro the past two seasons and this year's Jackets defense appears vulnerable as well.

That being said, M-boro is LOADED with athleticism at the skill positions and will pose numerous matchup problems.The ,argin of error against this opportunistic Mboro team is slim to none. Simply put, if the Belfry from the first quarter last night shows up to play then i expect Middlesboro to win by 3 TD.... if Belfry can execute and limit turnovers the Pirates should be able to take this one themselves by a couple scores.

Middlesboro was ranked higher than Belfry at season's end, have a better record, and are yet to lose to a KY team. That being said the Jackets should be favored in this one.
I have heard that the facilities are not that good at MBoro, so I would rather go to Belfry, I would love to see your new stadium. Go Devils........we are pulling for Belfry.
I've never really seen Middlesboro play, but I have watched clipings from Sports overtime. They look really good. buuut I think that belfry's D will pull together (again) and stop them. Sorry, I just don't see a win Comming for the yellow jackets.

Belfry know's that this game won't be an easy one, but they will be ready.

Belfry -- 21
Middlesboro -- 10

GO PIRATES:letsparty TongueirateSho

:redboxer: CONGRATS CORY CHAPMAN ON SPORTS OVERTIME'S DRIVE OF THE WEEK!!!!!!! :Clap:
JFLDAD Wrote:Hope to see you'all in two weeks...(Belfry that is.)

Back at ya!!
Where will it be at?
Belfry! Playoffs run through all even number districs and regions this year! So every game till state will be played at the respective even numbered district region teams home field, since Belfry is in District 8 Region 4 they host the region and semi final games
Belfry's D will be ready for Middlesboro as well as the Offense. My opinion is Belfry by 2 TD's, Middlesboro can't take being hit up under the chin all night long, they will fold to the Pirates in the second half
Devilologist Wrote:I have heard that the facilities are not that good at MBoro, so I would rather go to Belfry, I would love to see your new stadium. Go Devils........we are pulling for Belfry.

Unless they hanve changed since the 2003 season in which they beat us out of the playoffs there awful. We dressed in what appeared to be a grade sc hool gym. Had to get back on the bus and drive to the field. We went to some locker room at the half which was awful. I do rember that there was some little yellow car that kept driving around the field that was made to look like a bee. And I do rember hearing some wrestling theme songs during warmups.
belfrypride07 Wrote:Back at ya!!
Where will it be at?

CAM
Should be a great game/ You can't go against the Pirates so i'll take them by 10
Belfry -- 35
Middlesboro -- 14
If Belfry does not take better care of the ball they will come up short against the jackets. 28-21
Middlesboro dosnt have that great of a defense but Belfry won't get many break-a-way runs because of the yellow jackets team speed. But IMO Belfry's defense will eventually stop Hoskins, Ford, and there other really good player. So I'll say Belfry will win.

Middlesboro-14
Belfry-------31
Gotta go with Belfry now, 28-14 Pirates
I'll say Belfry 38-20
Home field advantage means a lot esp. in the playoffs
Belfry by 14
belfry will beat jackets as simple as that.... it would be leslie co. playin belfry if it wasnt for the bad call
CAM2006 Wrote:CAM

well, then this one should be a good game.
I can't wait.
I heard that Middlesboro was a passing team this year..can anyone confirm their strengths and weaknesses please.

I know that in 2003 they were suppose to be a passing team, but Belfry shut that down pretty quickly if I recall at Middlesboro.

I will of course pick my Pirates to win this one, but I think it will be close..it usually is once to start getting close to the carpet.
i hope belfry wins this one.im rootin for my Pike Co. brethren once agin
I want too see the new Statium,my wife's uncle lives in Turkey Creek...just a hop,skip and a jump away.:devilflam
Hope good game but Belfry wins!!!!!!!
Very even here for the vbookie!
I hope Middlesboro wins just because i don't want to see Belfry win another title. Middlesboro-35 Belfry-28
Pages: 1 2 3 4