Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry Vs. Middlesboro
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
It's early in the week . I see this being a great matchup. Middlesboro wants this game to be a shootout. The Pirates are going to have to protect the football. that's been there problem for the last few years. I don't think that the Yellowjackets defense can slow down belfry's rushing game. Belfry's defense more than likely won't stop Middlesboro's high octane offense. Need to force some turnovers and eliminate the big play. I don't know if the jackets have a field goal kicker. glen earnest could decide the outcome in thisgame. belfry's hard to beat at home 13 consecutive home playoff victories. should be a great game by two outstanding programs
Is it gonna be played at Pond Creek or M'Boro??
Lets go Belfry
im goin say belfry in a battle
The games will be played at the Belfry
Good luck Pirates:Thumbs:
I too wish to see the new stadium at BELFRY,,,,,, But MBORO is tough also..who will it be...
Devilologist Wrote:I too wish to see the new stadium at BELFRY,,,,,, But MBORO is tough also..who will it be...

I hope you get to see the new stadium, but like you said Middlesboro is a tough team
Gridiron Wrote:Is it gonna be played at Pond Creek or M'Boro??

at the cam... TongueirateSho :thumpsup:
Belfry is going to win this one, our biggest match up will be russell....
&& if belfry get's past russell, they will be state champs. no doubt.
Belfry no doubt!!! GO DEVIN AND DUSTIN!!!
Pirate Pal Wrote:but I think it will be close..it usually is once to start getting close to the carpet.

Thats for sure! Always gets harder...Of course you have the one team occasionally that dominates all the way through
warriorpride Wrote:i hope belfry wins this one.im rootin for my Pike Co. brethren once agin
Why would you post the exact same thing as someone else? Post 4 is what you stole without quoting
Gotta go with Belfry in this one, but this is going to be a great game.... Could go down to the wire! Belfry 21-20
belfrypride07 Wrote:Belfry is going to win this one, our biggest match up will be russell....
&& if belfry get's past russell, they will be state champs. no doubt.
Mercer will beat anyone that comes out of this Bracket, by 2+ touchdowns, but I think it will be fun to see who gets 2nd place.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Mercer will beat anyone that comes out of this Bracket, by 2+ touchdowns, but I think it will be fun to see who gets 2nd place.

You sound so sure of yourself You might be eating some crow in a few weeks.:thatsfunn
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Mercer will beat anyone that comes out of this Bracket, by 2+ touchdowns, but I think it will be fun to see who gets 2nd place.

It really amuses me to see this. If that be the case why doesn't everyone else in AA just give them the rings and start practicing for next year. Seeing that none of the battle tested teams have any chance at all. No need to take a chance getting any of the players injured for next year by playing in a meaningless game.

Sorry to beat a dead horse here but this sounds eerily familiar to the Ft. Campbell supporters last year.
I doubt thebrahmabull has even seen Russell or Belfry play for that matter.So thats a pretty weak statement considering that fact.
Considering that 10 of the past 12 state champions has came out of the Eastern Semi-State... including the past 4... it may be more accurate to reverse your statement.
I know Mercer is extremely talented this year. I'm asking an honest question here. What did they get from Harrodsburg this year that is an improvement from last year's team?

I do know that Mercer came into their game at Russell last year at 10-1. Russell outgained them 364-222 on the ground and 436-306 total. They also outscored them 41-26. That was also with allowing 135 rushing to Griffith and 97 rushing to Walker. Mercer was REALLY good last year.

Not comparing years, but I am actually just trying to find out what areas they have improved on this season with the merger.
Sponge Bob Wrote:I know Mercer is extremely talented this year. I'm asking an honest question here. What did they get from Harrodsburg this year that is an improvement from last year's team?

I do know that Mercer came into their game at Russell last year at 10-1. Russell outgained them 364-222 on the ground and 436-306 total. They also outscored them 41-26. That was also with allowing 135 rushing to Griffith and 97 rushing to Walker. Mercer was REALLY good last year.

Not comparing years, but I am actually just trying to find out what areas they have improved on this season with the merger.

Tons of speed is what Mercer Co. got from Harrodsburg, and it looks to be paying big dividends.
BoondockSaint Wrote:Tons of speed is what Mercer Co. got from Harrodsburg, and it looks to be paying big dividends.

Can you give us some details? Like who they got and what position they play and what they brought to the team.
Can you be more specific? What areas improved in speed? What players?
It is my understanding that they still have Griffith and Walker. The new speed is supposed to be Jackson and Ford. O-line and D-line are not as big, but are more athletic.

It is also my understanding that the O and D lines are not as big as last years but a bit smaller and more athletic. Looks like they are only giving up about 80 yards rushing per game.
I think Midee1 summed it up pretty well. Jackson & Ford are both from Harrodsburg & they team up with the Walker kid who played at Mercer Co. last year.

They can have a change of pace D-Line, so to speak. They can go big, or they can go with some more athletic D-Lineman and still be just as physical.

Basically, they went from a good football team to a great football team with the addition of some skill guys who give them a big "up" in team speed. Plus, they got some much needed depth.
Im going to say Belfry in a close on friday night.

Belfry-28
Middlesboro-27
Belfry cannot afford to turn the ball over early in this game like they did against Prestonsburg, cause Middlesboro will and can score quickly...Good luck Pirates
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:You sound so sure of yourself You might be eating some crow in a few weeks.:thatsfunn
Maybe, but I doubt it.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:I doubt thebrahmabull has even seen Russell or Belfry play for that matter.So thats a pretty weak statement considering that fact.
I have seen Russell play and have seen and played against Belfry. Both Russell and Belfry are tough, but so is Middlesboro and any team left in 2A, but Mercer is better than any of them, but they can be beaten if they play a bad game.
Pages: 1 2 3 4