Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fairview at Raceland - Round 2
Samiam Wrote:Pikeville can't run it like Ironton. Not even close. Ironton would run through Pikeville's defense the same way they did Raceland and Russell.

Yeah, and the sky is falling too.Confusednicker:
The sky is stool there.

But apparently some of Pikeville's fans lives in a fairy tale.
Ramcat77 Wrote:What's the difference in his opinion as the gospel and yours?

The difference is, jetpilot has backed it up with facts, if you will notice. It appears Samon has been throwing out the dislike and criticism.
I like Pikeville. I think they are a very good team.

Show me fact. I've seen all three in person and Ironton is clearly better. Raceland and Pikeville is a toss up. That's my opinion. That's not critical or negative.

You guys got your feelings hurt because somebody doesn't think your team is the greatest ghing since sliced bread. To bad
Samiam Wrote:I like Pikeville. I think they are a very good team.

Show me fact. I've seen all three in person and Ironton is clearly better. Raceland and Pikeville is a toss up. That's my opinion. That's not critical or negative.

You guys got your feelings hurt because somebody doesn't think your team is the greatest ghing since sliced bread. To bad

One guy's opinion. No more, no less. Throw all the "clearlys" you want in there, it's still just one guy's opinion. I've seen all 3 also and Pikeville is clearly better than Ironton. So my clearly cancels out your clearly.:biggrin:
topnotch Wrote:I believe that Pikeville has an excellent chance to up set raceland, Raceland has let down before.

Pikeville would/should be the favorite. Pikeville has been ranked ahead of us all year.
Clearly not. One opinion doesn't cancel another. It simply means we disagree.

I think Ironton would run over, through and around Pikeville. That's my opinion and it's unbiased. I'm not a fan of either team.

Doesn't mean yours is wrong. We just don't agree on it. Clearly.
Samiam Wrote:Clearly not. One opinion doesn't cancel another. It simply means we disagree.

I think Ironton would run over, through and around Pikeville. That's my opinion and it's unbiased. I'm not a fan of either team.

Of course it isn't. You're boring me. Good luck to whoever your team is.
:lolrage:
Samiam Wrote:Clearly not. One opinion doesn't cancel another. It simply means we disagree.

Love to see that matchup.
I personally think Raceland and Pikeville are better than ironton. We couldn't match run games with ironton. The one advantage we had was taken away with rain and 30 mile per hour winds. Pikeville runs a balanced offense as well and I don't think they would have faired any better against Ironton in the rain. Remember ironton does what they do the pound on you for 4 quarters. They've done it for 40 years now. They've never relied on a passing game. Ironton is huge and good at what they do. Raceland couldn't expose their weakness because they couldn't throw The ball. Ironton's weakness is their pass defense. One of their coaches even said they were very happy that it rained.
I'm going with the Rams in a very convincing score..

Raceland 47
Fairview 15
Raceland got Pikeville last year.. It's possible they may this year too. But if you are to beat Pikeville you can't give them short fields and limit big plays..
I'm probably going to regret this.

First off since it's a Raceland/Fairview thread.
Ams 55
Eagles 7

Now the part that I will regret. I've watched both Pikeville and Ironton play Russell and I think Ironton is better.
I spoke with some of Fairview's players while I was getting some gas the other day and they told me that they had already chalked this Friday up to a loss and they are expecting a similar outcome this Friday like they had in the first game. I tried to offer some words of encouragement but they didn't want to hear it. I just hate to see players give up before they have even stepped on the field.
^^^ive had the same conversations blaze. i know its hard to get out a play someone thats already emberassed you at home. But i hate to hear kids make statements like "idk why we even play the game"..."wasnt last time enough"...

sad
I think that Raceland wins the rematch. Too good up front for the Eagles.
Anyone heard if there will be rain this Friday or if it will be dry? I'm sure the Eagles want sure footing for their passing game.
We embarrassed Pikeville a few years ago and they bet our A$$es in the playoffs
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:We embarrassed Pikeville a few years ago and they bet our A$$es in the playoffs

What were the odds?:eyeroll:
your full of crap blaze. no one on that team is saying defeat before they play. if yall do win Pikeville will scrub the floor with your orange jersey. Fairview boys don't quit. I guarantee a few of them players get some good licks in on yall... bet. you must have run into some freshman or some bench warmers
scrappy coco Wrote:your full of crap blaze. no one on that team is saying defeat before they play. if yall do win Pikeville will scrub the floor with your orange jersey. Fairview boys don't quit. I guarantee a few of them players get some good licks in on yall... bet. you must have run into some freshman or some bench warmers

Calm down scrappy. I don't think Blaze said anything insulting about your team. This thread is a predictions thread for Raceland/Fairview, and with your insulting comments about what Pikeville will do to Raceland, I am assuming you are saying you will lose this week? No different than the players at the gas pump.....
I DONT PLAY! big difference. those boys are getting it today at practice!!
scrappy coco Wrote:your full of crap blaze. no one on that team is saying defeat before they play. if yall do win Pikeville will scrub the floor with your orange jersey. Fairview boys don't quit. I guarantee a few of them players get some good licks in on yall... bet. you must have run into some freshman or some bench warmers

I wasn't trying to be disrespectful, that was just what I was told. I personally hope that this game will be better than the first time around because I want to see a competive game. I believe that the Raceland coaches will have our boys well prepared this week because Fairview is capable of winning this Friday so it would be wise that the Rams don't overlook them like most of the posters on this site seem to be doing.
I hope the Eagles come in fired up. It's the playoffs! Anything can happen.
Last year Fairview got whipped at Ram Stadium. With more than a minute left, they came across the field to shake hands without running their last few offensive plays. They seemed totally lifeless. I hope and pray to never see that happen again. No matter how big the defecit, no matter who is in the game. Fight till that last whistle is blown. Good luck to both squads this Friday
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Last year Fairview got whipped at Ram Stadium. With more than a minute left, they came across the field to shake hands without running their last few offensive plays. They seemed totally lifeless. I hope and pray to never see that happen again. No matter how big the defecit, no matter who is in the game. Fight till that last whistle is blown. Good luck to both squads this Friday

If I remember correctly that didn't happen Scotty and Fairview was pretty banged up in that game missing few starters. Raceland is a great program but I hate to see Fairview go back to being a doormat especially in this rivalry. It was fun to see Raceland get all uptight about the transfers, and whine and complain about losing to Fairview. You can say all you want about fair, transfers, KHSAA, etc but it was fun seeing it being a rivalry with Fairview winning a few years. It creates a good atmosphere for those kids instead of what will transpire yet again this Friday night. Good luck to both teams and may they stay injury free.
I personally think it will be several years down the line before Fairview will be able to win against Raceland again. I think Raceland and Paintsville will dominate the new district and realignment.
NASCAR Wrote:If I remember correctly that didn't happen Scotty and Fairview was pretty banged up in that game missing few starters. Raceland is a great program but I hate to see Fairview go back to being a doormat especially in this rivalry. It was fun to see Raceland get all uptight about the transfers, and whine and complain about losing to Fairview. You can say all you want about fair, transfers, KHSAA, etc but it was fun seeing it being a rivalry with Fairview winning a few years. It creates a good atmosphere for those kids instead of what will transpire yet again this Friday night. Good luck to both teams and may they stay injury free.

1:13 seconds left and McPeek had his headset off and started across the field on 3rd and long. in regsurds to the transfers, my thig i said all along was. DEAL WITH IT. u gotta play who the other team puts on the field. Our district will still be the strongest from top to bottom and more than likely continuously have all 3 of us playing in the 2nd and one of us in the 3rd round. If Fairview develops their line and running game, they will be a tough out. Raceland will have the LOS and defensive leg up for the next few years, but we will be young at the skill positions offensively and not nearly as quick. Dont sale the eagles off just yet. They will be more than capable of competing with both the Tigers and Rams next season. I expect a much better showing this Friday from them as well.
We played a great game and Fairview probably played their worst defense they did all year in the regular season. Raceland still wins, but I highly doubt Fairview gives up the same numbers to us this time around. 600 yds of total offense is hard to do to the same team 2 times in one season.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:1:13 seconds left and McPeek had his headset off and started across the field on 3rd and long. in regsurds to the transfers, my thig i said all along was. DEAL WITH IT. u gotta play who the other team puts on the field. Our district will still be the strongest from top to bottom and more than likely continuously have all 3 of us playing in the 2nd and one of us in the 3rd round. If Fairview develops their line and running game, they will be a tough out. Raceland will have the LOS and defensive leg up for the next few years, but we will be young at the skill positions offensively and not nearly as quick. Dont sale the eagles off just yet. They will be more than capable of competing with both the Tigers and Rams next season. I expect a much better showing this Friday from them as well.

Agree to disagree but thats okay.